Thoughts on Drexel Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
_lw1234

New

Thoughts on Drexel

Post by _lw1234 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:03 am

160, 3.5x - No desire to go Big Law. I applied to Temple and Villanova back in October, after some conversations with my boyfriend I'm starting to look into the Philadelphia area more seriously. Just wondering people's thoughts on Drexel - it looks like it may be my cheapest option. LST ranks Drexel's employment score above both Temple and Villanova and they're ranked 46 on Above The Law (above Fordham and Emory). I did not originally apply there as I was under the impression that Drexel was bottom-of-the-barrel of Philly schools. Am I missing something?

UVA2B

Gold

Re: Thoughts on Drexel

Post by UVA2B » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:06 am

For the right price, it's a perfectly good option for trying to get a modest job in PA.

_lw1234

New

Post by _lw1234 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:19 am

Does anyone have an opinion on the appropriate weight to put on LST employment numbers? My assumption had been that Temple would be worth paying a few thousand dollars more than Drexel because of alumni network, but do the employment numbers reflect that? Also, is anyone familiar with the makeup of the DA office or courthouse? Does any particular school give an advantage for becoming a judge down the line?

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:06 pm

Temple will not be a few thousand more expensive. You'll likely shell out a lot more for it.
Apply to Drexel now. It's definitely worth an app to maximize your Philly options.
Rutgers too for yet another option.

I can't speak to the Philly non-prestigious legal market so I won't, but don't hesitate in maximizing your options.

Ronan

Gold

Post by Ronan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:19 pm

UVA2B wrote:For the right price, it's a perfectly good option for trying to get a modest job in PA.

Ronan

Gold

Post by Ronan » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:24 pm

The DA's Office won't have a noticeable preference between Drexel or Temple--Temple obviously has more alumni but Drexel has put a lot of people in the DA's Office.

If you want to do criminal law, it's more about what you do while you're in school (internships, experience in court, etc) than where you go to school. Go to whatever school is cheapest and hussle. Drexel for free if you want to do criminal law in Philly is an excellent option.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”