Because I want to go to Chicago Law School, I cried... Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
chiclawruby

New

Because I want to go to Chicago Law School, I cried...

Post by chiclawruby » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:37 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkyL1wgdahs

I cried with all my heart..

I honestly think Chicago Law School is THE BEST among US law schools, especially when granted Ruby Scholarship.

Yale, Harvard, Stanford come close, but no, they don't even give out scholarships, which means you have to spend more than 2-3 horrible, boring years in Big Law just to pay off your loans.

Columbia has Hamilton, but again, it doesn't give you stipend. And you have to live in MANHATTAN, which costs a lot of money. Regardless of the scholarships, Columbia is simply not better than Chicago in terms of employment, faculty, etc.

And Chicago's unique way of teaching Economics with the Law, and its academic rigorousness is simply giving me a BONER.

Today, I cried. I cried with all my heart....

I just want to go to Chicago Law School....

Jaqen

Silver

Re: Because I want to go to Chicago Law School, I cried...

Post by Jaqen » Sun Dec 17, 2017 4:41 am

Same.

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:52 am

same.

It's not my top top choice but ever since I visited a good friend in Chi, I've really grown a fondness for the school.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:52 am

I can't tell if everyone's actually taking this seriously...

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:12 am

cavalier1138 wrote:I can't tell if everyone's actually taking this seriously...
uChi law is pretty awesome! Not sure if OP was being serious or slightly hyperbolic, but I know what it's like to want to get into a law school more than anything.
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:46 am

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OakBrook2021

Bronze

Post by OakBrook2021 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:49 am

This is definitely anti-Chicago trolling

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:49 am

Platopus wrote:
Barack O'Drama wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:I can't tell if everyone's actually taking this seriously...
uChi law is pretty awesome! Not sure if OP was being serious or slightly hyperbolic, but I know what it's like to want to get into a law school more than anything.
But why is there a link to anime?

That's odd... I didn't click the link until just now. Oh well. I still like uChi :lol:
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Platopus

Gold

Post by Platopus » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:57 am

Last edited by Platopus on Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:58 am

chiclawruby wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkyL1wgdahs

I cried with all my heart..

I honestly think Chicago Law School is THE BEST among US law schools, especially when granted Ruby Scholarship.

Yale, Harvard, Stanford come close, but no, they don't even give out scholarships, which means you have to spend more than 2-3 horrible, boring years in Big Law just to pay off your loans.

Columbia has Hamilton, but again, it doesn't give you stipend. And you have to live in MANHATTAN, which costs a lot of money. Regardless of the scholarships, Columbia is simply not better than Chicago in terms of employment, faculty, etc.

And Chicago's unique way of teaching Economics with the Law, and its academic rigorousness is simply giving me a BONER.

Today, I cried. I cried with all my heart....

I just want to go to Chicago Law School....
[youtube]wvNFiAVl-b0[/youtube]

icechicken

Bronze

Post by icechicken » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:08 pm

Chicago is the ultimate example of the individual shaped by the signifier. UChicago is an institution seen only in mirror images; lost in a hall of mirrors he is a reflection of a reflection of a reflection. You start with Harvard—the traditional all-American research powerhouse, you reflect it to create Yale—the same thing but slightly less. You invert Harvard to create Stanford—Harvard turned sporty and entrepreneurial—then you reflect the inversion in the reflection: you create a being that can only exist in reference to others. UChicago is the true no-name school; without the peer institutions it reflects, inverts and parodies it has no reason to exist. UChicago's identity only comes from what and who it isn't—without a wider frame of reference it is nothing. It has no lay prestige. In a world where our identities are shaped by our warped relationships to alma maters and LSAT medians we are all UChicago.

Justtrying2help

Bronze

Post by Justtrying2help » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:12 pm

icechicken wrote:Chicago is the ultimate example of the individual shaped by the signifier. UChicago is an institution seen only in mirror images; lost in a hall of mirrors he is a reflection of a reflection of a reflection. You start with Harvard—the traditional all-American research powerhouse, you reflect it to create Yale—the same thing but slightly less. You invert Harvard to create Stanford—Harvard turned sporty and entrepreneurial—then you reflect the inversion in the reflection: you create a being that can only exist in reference to others. UChicago is the true no-name school; without the peer institutions it reflects, inverts and parodies it has no reason to exist. UChicago's identity only comes from what and who it isn't—without a wider frame of reference it is nothing. It has no lay prestige. In a world where our identities are shaped by our warped relationships to alma maters and LSAT medians we are all UChicago.
LOL!

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:30 pm

icechicken wrote: It has no lay prestige.
So you're saying I can't copulate at UChi?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

beepboopbeep

Gold

Post by beepboopbeep » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:16 pm

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to enroll at the Chicago Law School. The unique way of teaching is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical Rigor most of the courses will go over a typical law student’s head. There’s also its economic outlook, which is deftly woven into the course syllabi - the school's philosophy draws heavily from Milton Friedman literature, for instance. The students understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the Rigor, to realise that they’re not just learning - they're experiencing something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the Chicago Law School truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the Rigor in Chicago Law School’s existential catchphrase “cash rules everything around me” which itself is a cryptic reference to famed economist RZA. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Saul Levmore’s genius wit unfolds itself in their classrooms. What fools.. how I pity them. :mrgreen:

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Chicago Law School tattoo. On my BONER. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only - and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 8)

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:29 pm

This is the worst thread on TLS.

KENYADIGG1T

Bronze

Post by KENYADIGG1T » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:29 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to enroll at the Chicago Law School. The unique way of teaching is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical Rigor most of the courses will go over a typical law student’s head. There’s also its economic outlook, which is deftly woven into the course syllabi - the school's philosophy draws heavily from Milton Friedman literature, for instance. The students understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the Rigor, to realise that they’re not just learning - they're experiencing something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the Chicago Law School truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the Rigor in Chicago Law School’s existential catchphrase “cash rules everything around me” which itself is a cryptic reference to famed economist RZA. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Saul Levmore’s genius wit unfolds itself in their classrooms. What fools.. how I pity them. :mrgreen:

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Chicago Law School tattoo. On my BONER. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only - and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid 8)
11/10 copypasta

icechicken

Bronze

Post by icechicken » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:42 pm

KENYADIGG1T wrote:
icechicken wrote: It has no lay prestige.
So you're saying I can't copulate at UChi?
I think you're charismatic enough to do fine anywhere but in general people should assume they'll be median

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Intro-gamer

New

Post by Intro-gamer » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:21 pm

...I'm so happy i clicked this thread :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Barack O'Drama

Gold

Post by Barack O'Drama » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:54 pm

icechicken wrote:Chicago is the ultimate example of the individual shaped by the signifier. UChicago is an institution seen only in mirror images; lost in a hall of mirrors he is a reflection of a reflection of a reflection. You start with Harvard—the traditional all-American research powerhouse, you reflect it to create Yale—the same thing but slightly less. You invert Harvard to create Stanford—Harvard turned sporty and entrepreneurial—then you reflect the inversion in the reflection: you create a being that can only exist in reference to others. UChicago is the true no-name school; without the peer institutions it reflects, inverts and parodies it has no reason to exist. UChicago's identity only comes from what and who it isn't—without a wider frame of reference it is nothing. It has no lay prestige. In a world where our identities are shaped by our warped relationships to alma maters and LSAT medians we are all UChicago.
holy shit. This is fucking amazing. Are you secretly ratfukr?
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

carsondalywashere

Silver

Post by carsondalywashere » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:43 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to enroll at the Chicago Law School. The unique way of teaching is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical Rigor most of the courses will go over a typical law student’s head. There’s also its economic outlook, which is deftly woven into the course syllabi - the school's philosophy draws heavily from Milton Friedman literature, for instance. The students understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the Rigor, to realise that they’re not just learning - they're experiencing something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike the Chicago Law School truly ARE idiots - of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the Rigor in Chicago Law School’s existential catchphrase “cash rules everything around me” which itself is a cryptic reference to famed economist RZA. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Saul Levmore’s genius wit unfolds itself in their classrooms. What fools.. how I pity them. :mrgreen:

Every person I've ever met who is affiliated with U of C (not just the law school) has this attitude.

beepboopbeep

Gold

Post by beepboopbeep » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:12 pm

What, they like copypasta? I have unfortunately not had the same experience

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”