For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect school

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ernie
Posts: 158
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:34 am

For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect school

Postby ernie » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:12 pm

"For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect school."

-TLS (link: http://www.top-law-schools.com/wiki/Hofstra_Law)

It's time for TLS to finally kill off these horrendous law school profiles and articles. Frankly, this should have been done a long time ago. The fact that these articles drive traffic to TLS is not a good reason to keep them online. TLS often opines that students at mediocre law schools should have done their due diligence before deciding to attend; perhaps we shouldn't make that due diligence harder by polluting the internet with hundreds of misleading puff pieces about toilet-tier law schools. A sampling...

"No New York Law Schools Directory can ignore the rising star that Yeshiva (Cardozo) has become since its recent formation barely twenty seven years ago. . . . With a faculty concerned about teaching and the ability for motivated students to graduate in two and a half years, most students who attend Cardozo are happy with their choice."
(link: http://www.top-law-schools.com/new-york ... hools.html)

"A law school on the rise is Thomas Jefferson, which recently received ABA accreditation in 1996. Thomas Jefferson has been successful in recruiting both dedicated professors and increasingly strong students to bolster its reputation. Buoyed by a continually increasing bar passage rate and a decreasing acceptance rate, the law school continues to carve out a strong niche for itself amongst Southern California law schools."
(link: http://www.top-law-schools.com/san-dieg ... hools.html)

"If you feel confident that law school is for you, I recommend that you proceed even if you do not get into the school of your dreams. If you have hesitations, I would still consider going, especially if you get into one of the top law schools because that diploma will open up other options: the skills learned in law school are readily transferable to a wide number of other fields."
(link: http://www.top-law-schools.com/prelaw1.html)

cavalier1138
Posts: 4012
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby cavalier1138 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the forums are kind of a separate entity from the no-longer-curated pages/blogs on the site, right?

User avatar
cornell2020
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:59 pm

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby cornell2020 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:27 pm

The issue goes beyond mere puffery of TTTs. There is a lot of incorrect and outdated information on the wiki, even about good schools. I think it would be ideal for TLS to reactivate and maintain these resources, but barring that, it seems like it would be prudent to either take them down or preface them with a clear warning of their datedness.

User avatar
sublime
Posts: 16886
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2013 12:21 pm

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby sublime » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:16 pm

I agree and we have had/ are having behind the scene discussions on how to address.


User avatar
Lavitz
Posts: 3377
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:39 am

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby Lavitz » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:04 pm

Came in here expecting OP to be Hofstra adcomm. Pretty disappointed.

User avatar
MarkinKansasCity
#MAGA
Posts: 15293
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:14 pm

sublime wrote:I agree and we have had/ are having behind the scene discussions on how to address.


You should let the TLS hivemind edit the law school profiles. For science.

User avatar
UVA2B
Posts: 2335
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby UVA2B » Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:19 pm

MarkinKansasCity wrote:
sublime wrote:I agree and we have had/ are having behind the scene discussions on how to address.


You should let the TLS hivemind edit the law school profiles. For science.


And maybe let SBL come back just to rewrite Hastings seems appropriate.


User avatar
Pneumonia
Posts: 1770
Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby Pneumonia » Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:29 pm

"on-topic hidden gems"

User avatar
Slippin' Jimmy
Posts: 634
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby Slippin' Jimmy » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:32 am

We should just redirect to 3rdtierreality's school profiles.

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2980
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby jingosaur » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:33 am

We should find areyouinsane to write Seton Hall's. He rewrote their Wikipedia but I'm too lazy to go find what he wrote. It was fucking hilarious though

User avatar
nothingtosee
Posts: 947
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby nothingtosee » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:27 am

bluelotus for bc
let's also find unemployed_northeastern from the ATL comments

User avatar
carsondalywashere
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby carsondalywashere » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:37 am

jingosaur wrote:We should find areyouinsane to write Seton Hall's. He rewrote their Wikipedia but I'm too lazy to go find what he wrote. It was fucking hilarious though

I really want to read this lmao

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2980
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby jingosaur » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:15 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:
jingosaur wrote:We should find areyouinsane to write Seton Hall's. He rewrote their Wikipedia but I'm too lazy to go find what he wrote. It was fucking hilarious though

I really want to read this lmao


Found it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =306264248

Mods, please update

User avatar
Thelaw23
Posts: 785
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:23 pm

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby Thelaw23 » Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:17 pm

jingosaur wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:
jingosaur wrote:We should find areyouinsane to write Seton Hall's. He rewrote their Wikipedia but I'm too lazy to go find what he wrote. It was fucking hilarious though

I really want to read this lmao


Found it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =306264248

Mods, please update



"On July 23, 2009, borderline mental retard Peter Cammarano, a Seton Hall Law alum and mayor of Hoboken, NJ, was charged with extortion by color of offical right for accepting $25,000 from an undercover FBI agent. "

Gold

User avatar
carsondalywashere
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby carsondalywashere » Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:47 pm

Thelaw23 wrote:
jingosaur wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:
jingosaur wrote:We should find areyouinsane to write Seton Hall's. He rewrote their Wikipedia but I'm too lazy to go find what he wrote. It was fucking hilarious though

I really want to read this lmao


Found it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =306264248

Mods, please update



"On July 23, 2009, borderline mental retard Peter Cammarano, a Seton Hall Law alum and mayor of Hoboken, NJ, was charged with extortion by color of offical right for accepting $25,000 from an undercover FBI agent. "

Gold


That dude should have written a book

User avatar
waldorf
Posts: 2279
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2016 6:28 pm

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby waldorf » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:23 pm

carsondalywashere wrote:
Thelaw23 wrote:
jingosaur wrote:
carsondalywashere wrote:
jingosaur wrote:We should find areyouinsane to write Seton Hall's. He rewrote their Wikipedia but I'm too lazy to go find what he wrote. It was fucking hilarious though

I really want to read this lmao


Found it:
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?ti ... =306264248

Mods, please update



"On July 23, 2009, borderline mental retard Peter Cammarano, a Seton Hall Law alum and mayor of Hoboken, NJ, was charged with extortion by color of offical right for accepting $25,000 from an undercover FBI agent. "

Gold


That dude should have written a book


He had a blog, but it's long gone

User avatar
Nebby
amateur huffpo
Posts: 28954
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby Nebby » Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:23 pm

sublime wrote:I agree and we have had/ are having behind the scene discussions on how to address.

What's the address? Can't the webmaster just take them down?

NotSkadden
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:31 pm

Re: For those who want to take a gamble and go for that big New York City paycheck, Hofstra might just be the perfect sc

Postby NotSkadden » Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:11 pm

I've always been a gambling man, if I may say so myself.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests