Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Andrewfromla818
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

Postby Andrewfromla818 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:17 pm

Barrred wrote:The haters here all raise valid points that you should consider, but to offer a contrasting (albeit anecdotal) point of view: I went to school in a cool city, partied my ass off all three years, had a blast, and still graduated near the top of my class, got clerkships, biglaw, etc.

You mentioned "work hard, play hard." In my opinion, if you are truly committed to the former, you can certainly embrace the later. This can really be done at any school, but the advice above about getting a job is certainly true: the higher ranked the school is, the less hard you have to work to graduate above your peers in order to get a good job. Depending on your stats, apply to the T20 schools in cities where you would want to live, read about the schools, and then go visit them to get a feel for the student body.


This is helpful. Thank you so much.
If you don't mind me asking what Law School you went to?
Also, i just wanted to get students perspectives on specific law schools when it comes to the social aspect of it and the great time people have in law schools.

albanach
Posts: 1263
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:05 pm

Re: Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

Postby albanach » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:29 pm

UVA2B wrote:This is a bad question, and should not be your approach to law school at all.


Given UVA is known to devote an entire month to drinking, this view might not be universal.

User avatar
UVA2B
Posts: 3122
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

Postby UVA2B » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:41 pm

albanach wrote:
UVA2B wrote:This is a bad question, and should not be your approach to law school at all.


Given UVA is known to devote an entire month to drinking, this view might not be universal.


:lol: :lol:

Just cause we have a good time doesn't mean we decided to go to UVA for Feb Club. Serious correlation/causation fail (I hope, I haven't asked everyone their personal reasoning for attending and could certainly be wrong).

cavalier1138
Posts: 4650
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:47 pm

Andrewfromla818 wrote:
Barrred wrote:The haters here all raise valid points that you should consider, but to offer a contrasting (albeit anecdotal) point of view: I went to school in a cool city, partied my ass off all three years, had a blast, and still graduated near the top of my class, got clerkships, biglaw, etc.

You mentioned "work hard, play hard." In my opinion, if you are truly committed to the former, you can certainly embrace the later. This can really be done at any school, but the advice above about getting a job is certainly true: the higher ranked the school is, the less hard you have to work to graduate above your peers in order to get a good job. Depending on your stats, apply to the T20 schools in cities where you would want to live, read about the schools, and then go visit them to get a feel for the student body.


This is helpful. Thank you so much.
If you don't mind me asking what Law School you went to?
Also, i just wanted to get students perspectives on specific law schools when it comes to the social aspect of it and the great time people have in law schools.


Translation: "I am replying to the only semi-supportive post I have been able to find, and I am deeply appreciative. Please tell me more things to validate my decision, even though it is quite clear that I am favoring the wrong factors in my school search."

User avatar
twenty
Posts: 3185
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:17 pm

Re: Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

Postby twenty » Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:02 am

TCR: The school you can get into for free.

never check grades, never check loans, just bang the undergrads

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7728
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

Postby Mikey » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:07 am

Akron law has a lazy river. You can probably relax and have fun there.

User avatar
Future Ex-Engineer
Posts: 1430
Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:20 pm

Re: Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:28 am

Mikey wrote:Akron law has a lazy river. You can probably relax and have fun there.


wait fr? might not even need to retake. I'm pretty sure they'd give me a full ride

User avatar
Mikey
Posts: 7728
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

Postby Mikey » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:32 am

Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Mikey wrote:Akron law has a lazy river. You can probably relax and have fun there.


wait fr? might not even need to retake. I'm pretty sure they'd give me a full ride

Yup!

https://www.uakron.edu/im/online-newsro ... d565f9f9fe

clearly the lazy river experience far outweighs any debt a student will take on :mrgreen:

User avatar
Pozzo
Posts: 1884
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:36 pm

Re: Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

Postby Pozzo » Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Mikey wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Mikey wrote:Akron law has a lazy river. You can probably relax and have fun there.


wait fr? might not even need to retake. I'm pretty sure they'd give me a full ride

Yup!

https://www.uakron.edu/im/online-newsro ... d565f9f9fe

clearly the lazy river experience far outweighs any debt a student will take on :mrgreen:

With a 44% LST employment score, I think a lazy river would be a nice escape.

User avatar
TooMuchTuna
Posts: 919
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:35 am

Re: Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

Postby TooMuchTuna » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:10 pm

Mikey wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Mikey wrote:Akron law has a lazy river. You can probably relax and have fun there.


wait fr? might not even need to retake. I'm pretty sure they'd give me a full ride

Yup!

https://www.uakron.edu/im/online-newsro ... d565f9f9fe

clearly the lazy river experience far outweighs any debt a student will take on :mrgreen:


Bama has one too! Roll Tide!

https://urec.sa.ua.edu/aquatics/aquatics-faciities/

User avatar
Greenteachurro
"Big Bang Theory is great, actually."
Posts: 1387
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:20 am

Re: Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

Postby Greenteachurro » Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:13 pm

Pozzo wrote:
Mikey wrote:
Future Ex-Engineer wrote:
Mikey wrote:Akron law has a lazy river. You can probably relax and have fun there.


wait fr? might not even need to retake. I'm pretty sure they'd give me a full ride

Yup!

https://www.uakron.edu/im/online-newsro ... d565f9f9fe

clearly the lazy river experience far outweighs any debt a student will take on :mrgreen:

With a 44% LST employment score, I think a lazy river would be a nice escape.


I would think you'd just want to forget that you're in Akron for 3 years.

Andrewfromla818
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

Postby Andrewfromla818 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:38 pm

twenty wrote:TCR: The school you can get into for free.

never check grades, never check loans, just bang the undergrads


What does TCR mean??

User avatar
TooMuchTuna
Posts: 919
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:35 am

Re: Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

Postby TooMuchTuna » Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:02 am

Andrewfromla818 wrote:
twenty wrote:TCR: The school you can get into for free.

never check grades, never check loans, just bang the undergrads


What does TCR mean??


The credited response.

User avatar
TheSpanishMain
Posts: 4741
Joined: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:26 pm

Re: Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

Postby TheSpanishMain » Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:53 pm

OP, no offense, but you write very poorly and you seem immature. Maybe put off law school for the time being.

pyramidenergy888
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:44 pm

Re: Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

Postby pyramidenergy888 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:59 pm

OP is a troll

User avatar
DorkothyParker
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:32 pm

Re: Fun, easy, least stressful Law Schools.

Postby DorkothyParker » Thu Jun 15, 2017 5:39 pm

I'm going to treat this like a normal question to ask.

I'm trying to get out of Boise, ID. But we keep appearing on lists for top places to live/work/etc. If you like skiing, snowboarding, hiking, large dog ownership or really any kind of outdoorsy stuff, you can live in a city and still drive out to the mountains in minutes. There are two schools. University of Idaho is the preferred choice. Not highly ranked, but it's ranked. Concordia is newer and will give money to ANYONE. Seriously. They do pair a student with a lawyer mentor in the community, so that is neat. But again, mostly just cheap and not ranked *at all.* I had Concordia students in some of my mediation classes at grad school at Boise State. Not sure what to make of that.

We have a really high brewery to population ratio. Folks are moving in from Colorado because it's similar in lifestyle but cheaper. No marijuana. Super red state. It's kind of the deep south of the north. But if you are a lawyer, you can send your kid to a private school or attend a better public school because otherwise the general education here is dismal.

I'm leaving here, but it might be a fun change of pace.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], reaver95, Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests