Worth Reopening my Cycle?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mrtux45

Worth Reopening my Cycle?

Postby mrtux45 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:11 pm

**Please don't quote**

Resolved, thank you everyone for your feedback

**Please don't quote**
Last edited by mrtux45 on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Re: Worth Reopening my Cycle?

Postby cavalier1138 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:17 pm

I'd wait until you have an actual offer from WashU. My instinct is that previous numbers from MyLSN are less likely to be helpful, since they've raised their medians.

trebekismyhero

Postby trebekismyhero » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:17 pm

Honestly, I'd be surprised if you got that much of a scholarship off the waitlist to get you down to 110 COA at WashU. But even if you did, why would you pick it over BC if you want to be in Boston?

BC at 80k is fine. NU would only be worth it if you got COA closer to 150, which off the waitlist you wouldn't.

I'd say BC unless you were willing to retake for a better shot and more money at t13
Last edited by trebekismyhero on Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gitaroo_Dude

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:18 pm

If you want to work in Boston afterwards, I'd just stick with BC. WashU would only be worth it if you wanted to target St. Louis/the Mid West as your region after law school, and it miiiiight give you a leg up on NYC over BC. But right now BC seems like the better choice. What region(s) do you have ties to?

mrtux45

Postby mrtux45 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:20 pm

trebekismyhero wrote:

Honestly, I'd be surprised if you got that much of a scholarship off the waitlist to get you down to 110 COA at WashU. But even if you did, why would you pick it over BC if you want to be in Boston?

BC at 80k is fine. NU would only be worth it if you got COA closer to 150, which off the waitlist you wouldn't.

I'd say BC unless you were willing to retake for a better shot and more money at t13[/quote]

Thank you for the response, mirrors what my gut is saying so it's good to get outside reinforcement. Would you mind removing the quote of my OP, thanks

JD_Kingfish

Postby JD_Kingfish » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:21 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:I'd wait until you have an actual offer from WashU. My instinct is that previous numbers from MyLSN are less likely to be helpful, since they've raised their medians.

I agree with this. There are a lot of people on LSN that got way less than what people got with the same numbers in prior years, myself included.

mrtux45

Postby mrtux45 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:24 pm

Gitaroo_Dude wrote:If you want to work in Boston afterwards, I'd just stick with BC. WashU would only be worth it if you wanted to target St. Louis/the Mid West as your region after law school, and it miiiiight give you a leg up on NYC over BC. But right now BC seems like the better choice. What region(s) do you have ties to?

I have very strong ties to Boston. Grew up in the suburbs, did UG in Boston, lots of work experience between current job and UG with firms in Boston.

mrtux45

Postby mrtux45 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:26 pm

JD_Kingfish wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:I'd wait until you have an actual offer from WashU. My instinct is that previous numbers from MyLSN are less likely to be helpful, since they've raised their medians.

I agree with this. There are a lot of people on LSN that got way less than what people got with the same numbers in prior years, myself included.

That's fair. I was looking at this cycle's applicants, but you're both probably right in that what's on LSN is absolute best case scenario

Gitaroo_Dude

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:30 pm

mrtux45 wrote:
Gitaroo_Dude wrote:If you want to work in Boston afterwards, I'd just stick with BC. WashU would only be worth it if you wanted to target St. Louis/the Mid West as your region after law school, and it miiiiight give you a leg up on NYC over BC. But right now BC seems like the better choice. What region(s) do you have ties to?

I have very strong ties to Boston. Grew up in the suburbs, did UG in Boston, lots of work experience between current job and UG with firms in Boston.

BC for sure then unless you want to escape the area for some reason. Cost is fine, your ties are there, and WashU can't really bring anything to the table that BC won't already provide.

mrtux45

Postby mrtux45 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:33 pm

Thank you for all the great responses, really appreciate such quick feedback

Return to “Choosing a Law School”