Ohio State or George Washington?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sushibarwxam

New

Ohio State or George Washington?

Postby sushibarwxam » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:20 am

Right now I have offers from both schools. My offer from GW is more, but with in-state tuition from OSU 2nd and 3rd year, tuition is the same price. Which means it would just be more expensive to live in GW because of Cost of Living. I'm not really sure which one to pick, I could see myself living in both areas. I'm not really sure what type of law I want to get into but I'm leaning more towards corporate/labor law. I'm hoping someone can shed some insight.

EDIT

3.13/168. Not looking to retake, looking to matriculate this year. I'd be paying about 55k for tuition at either place and will have to use loans for it all. I have family ties to Ohio, but I've always enjoyed DC. I don't have my mind set on practicing anywhere in particular so at this point I would be happy working in either city or anywhere else. I want to work for a bigger firm, something to do with corporate/labor/general business.
Last edited by sushibarwxam on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UVA2B

Gold

Re: Ohio State or George Washington?

Postby UVA2B » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:23 am

You want us to shed some insight when you've provided next to none? If you want good advice, answer the questions stickied at the top of the choosing forum. LSAT/GPA? Do you have retakes available? Cost of attendance at each? How will you be financing education? What are your goals for the degree? Where do you want to practice following graduation? These questions will all weigh heavily on the best option. With the information provided, no one will give you good advice.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:51 am

UVA2B wrote:You want us to shed some insight when you've provided next to none? If you want good advice, answer the questions stickied at the top of the choosing forum. LSAT/GPA? Do you have retakes available? Cost of attendance at each? How will you be financing education? What are your goals for the degree? Where do you want to practice following graduation? These questions will all weigh heavily on the best option. With the information provided, no one will give you good advice.

Seriously....lols

OP just go to Ohio state because they have great sports. Enjoy!

KissMyAxe

Bronze

Postby KissMyAxe » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:57 am

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
UVA2B wrote:You want us to shed some insight when you've provided next to none? If you want good advice, answer the questions stickied at the top of the choosing forum. LSAT/GPA? Do you have retakes available? Cost of attendance at each? How will you be financing education? What are your goals for the degree? Where do you want to practice following graduation? These questions will all weigh heavily on the best option. With the information provided, no one will give you good advice.

Seriously....lols

OP just go to Ohio state because they have great sports. Enjoy!

Their sports didn't seem so hot in the playoffs this year. lol.

foregetaboutdre

Bronze

Postby foregetaboutdre » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:59 am

FWIW if you want to practice in DC, OSU has like 4 (or less) students who get full time jobs in DC after law school.

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:52 am

Ohio is quicker to say and will resonate more with red state voters.

Dr. Nefario

Gold

Postby Dr. Nefario » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:56 pm

With wanting BigLaw, GW is the better option. 55K isn't absolutely terrible, but COL will probably push you closer to 100k debt.

Return to “Choosing a Law School�