Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Pure Applesauce

Bronze
Posts: 210
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:30 pm

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby Pure Applesauce » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:44 pm

grades?? wrote:
Pure Applesauce wrote:
grades?? wrote:
goldenbear2020 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Looks like UT is up. Somebody else post it, I'm too scared.

163 / 362 = 45.0%


Jesus not even 50%? Even GT has the balls to be over 50%. UTTTTTT for life. It is now confirmed t11, then Berkeley Michigan, then Georgetown and UTTTT I guess can hang out outside the cool kids group.


Vandy trolling is egregious


Sure Vandy can join the t20 group of gt, UT and WUSTL. A group of regional law schools, cool.


straight fire

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7788
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:44 pm

.
Last edited by Hikikomorist on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7788
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:47 pm

.
Last edited by Hikikomorist on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cannibal ox

Gold
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby cannibal ox » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:49 pm

cannibal ox wrote:As long as we're doing tiers...

WUSTL

Get it? Cause UT is gonna be at 45%



8) 8) 8) called it 8) 8) 8)

BigZuck

Diamond
Posts: 11731
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby BigZuck » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:54 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:If only UT had shown restraint with class size. Should be better for the C/o 2018, assuming the economy doesn't tank.

I want to blame it on transfers but all the transfers I know are at 100+ firms :oops:

cannibal ox wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:As long as we're doing tiers...

WUSTL

Get it? Cause UT is gonna be at 45%



8) 8) 8) called it 8) 8) 8)

This is next level. Didn't you win some guess the rankings competition once too?

cannibal ox

Gold
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby cannibal ox » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:03 pm

79.55% employment for UT, up from 75.4%, so that's... a thing.

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7788
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:05 pm

.
Last edited by Hikikomorist on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

cannibal ox

Gold
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby cannibal ox » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:06 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:79.55% employment for UT, up from 75.4%, so that's... a thing.

I didn't really consider that number when applying, but it's pretty horrifying now.


That's basically UT's test score, and you didn't consider it? Who even are you?

Hikikomorist

Platinum
Posts: 7788
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:05 pm

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:09 pm

.
Last edited by Hikikomorist on Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rpupkin

Platinum
Posts: 5658
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby rpupkin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:11 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:UT numbers should get a 50 percent boost by virtue of placing mostly in Texas, where there's no state income tax and a low CoL.

LOL. In other words, Texas is an engine of economic growth due to low taxes, and yet UT still can't keep up with the likes of GULC and Vandy when it comes to placement. Just pathetic.

cannibal ox

Gold
Posts: 4075
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby cannibal ox » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:12 pm

Hikikomorist wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:79.55% employment for UT, up from 75.4%, so that's... a thing.

I didn't really consider that number when applying, but it's pretty horrifying now.


That's basically UT's test score, and you didn't consider it? Who even are you?

Mainly considered BL+FC. Overall employment score is more like scores on those state achievement tests. BL+FC is more like LSAT/SAT/GMAT/GRE.


Except BL+FC is binary, and LSAT/SAT/GMAT/GRE are not.

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby amta » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:15 pm

rpupkin wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:UT numbers should get a 50 percent boost by virtue of placing mostly in Texas, where there's no state income tax and a low CoL.

LOL. In other words, Texas is an engine of economic growth due to low taxes, and yet UT still can't keep up with the likes of GULC and Vandy when it comes to placement. Just pathetic.


its cause everyone else goes in house at exxon, bp, and shell.

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby RParadela » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:21 pm

Applesauce11 wrote:NYU is up- 74.43%.

http://www.law.nyu.edu/sites/default/fi ... f-2016.pdf


So NYU is now the third best school in New York? Big, if true

Lawcat11

Bronze
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:38 pm

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby Lawcat11 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:41 pm

RParadela wrote:
Applesauce11 wrote:NYU is up- 74.43%.

http://www.law.nyu.edu/sites/default/fi ... f-2016.pdf


So NYU is now the third best school in New York? Big, if true


NYU is only a hair behind Cornell and has a far bigger proportion of its graduates go into public interest and government.

Blackfish

New
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby Blackfish » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:41 pm

lol @ UT. I always knew GULC was the true T14. Its T15 ranking is just fake news pushed by MSM! Sad!

User avatar
jstans

Bronze
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2016 12:12 pm

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby jstans » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:41 pm

amta wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:UT numbers should get a 50 percent boost by virtue of placing mostly in Texas, where there's no state income tax and a low CoL.

LOL. In other words, Texas is an engine of economic growth due to low taxes, and yet UT still can't keep up with the likes of GULC and Vandy when it comes to placement. Just pathetic.


its cause everyone else goes in house at exxon, bp, and shell.


Good thing Tillerson is at the helm of our international diplomacy. Exxon forever.

User avatar
amta

Platinum
Posts: 9459
Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby amta » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:42 pm

Blackfish wrote:lol @ UT. I always knew GULC was the true T14. Its T15 ranking is just fake news pushed by MSM! Sad!


think about who controls the MSM though....

User avatar
PrezRand

Gold
Posts: 1608
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby PrezRand » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:34 pm

Damn UT :(

User avatar
Big Red

Gold
Posts: 3260
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby Big Red » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:43 pm

Image

registering

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:41 am

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby registering » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:55 pm

Applesauce11 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
Applesauce11 wrote:NYU is up- 74.43%.

http://www.law.nyu.edu/sites/default/fi ... f-2016.pdf


So NYU is now the third best school in New York? Big, if true


NYU is only a hair behind Cornell and has a far bigger proportion of its graduates go into public interest and government.


NYU had more BL+FC than GULC with 170 fewer students. It also gives 20 full rides a year to PI kids, which probably deflates its numbers a bit since they probably aren't just bottom 10% or something.

Nebby

Diamond
Posts: 31199
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby Nebby » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:57 pm

Anyone feeling charitable can post the stats I'm missing in the format I established :D

curry1

Silver
Posts: 877
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 11:41 am

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby curry1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:58 pm

registering wrote:
Applesauce11 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
Applesauce11 wrote:NYU is up- 74.43%.

http://www.law.nyu.edu/sites/default/fi ... f-2016.pdf


So NYU is now the third best school in New York? Big, if true


NYU is only a hair behind Cornell and has a far bigger proportion of its graduates go into public interest and government.


NYU had more BL+FC than GULC with 170 fewer students. It also gives 20 full rides a year to PI kids, which probably deflates its numbers a bit since they probably aren't just bottom 10% or something.


If you're using GULC as a comparator, you know that your school is a TTT in decline.

User avatar
RParadela

Silver
Posts: 858
Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:04 am

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby RParadela » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:27 pm

curry1 wrote:
registering wrote:
Applesauce11 wrote:
RParadela wrote:
Applesauce11 wrote:NYU is up- 74.43%.

http://www.law.nyu.edu/sites/default/fi ... f-2016.pdf


So NYU is now the third best school in New York? Big, if true


NYU is only a hair behind Cornell and has a far bigger proportion of its graduates go into public interest and government.


NYU had more BL+FC than GULC with 170 fewer students. It also gives 20 full rides a year to PI kids, which probably deflates its numbers a bit since they probably aren't just bottom 10% or something.


If you're using GULC as a comparator, you know that your school is a TTT in decline.


NYU folks are hitting the panic button

registering

New
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:41 am

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby registering » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:43 pm

Nebby wrote:Anyone feeling charitable can post the stats I'm missing in the format I established :D


NYU: 74.4% [67.0%] (+7.4%)
Michigan: 66.4% [61.0%] (+5.4%)
Boalt: 61.5% [56.4%]
(+5.1%)
Vanderbilt: 56.6% [47%] (+9.6%)
GULC: 51.5% [44%] (+7.5%)
Texas 45% [42%] (+3%)

Not sure why the formatting is fucky with Berkeley.
Last edited by registering on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Blackfish

New
Posts: 98
Joined: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:58 am

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Postby Blackfish » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:43 pm

Georgetown still has the highest employment number for Law Centers.



Return to “Choosing a Law School?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests