Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
PeanutsNJam

Gold

Re: Class of 2016 Employment Statistics by School

Post by PeanutsNJam » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:59 pm

C/O 2018 was 208 at the end of 1L, and I think they only took a few transfers. 2018 will probably be a smaller class than 2016 tbh.

Rigo

Diamond

Post by Rigo » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:00 pm

Are we going to enter a new era of TLS WUSTL hype now?
Will WUSTL be inundated with deposits over the next week?

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Post by Hikikomorist » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:01 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:C/O 2018 was 208 at the end of 1L, and I think they only took a few transfers. 2018 will probably be a smaller class than 2016 tbh.
Yeah, these numbers are extra impressive when you consider how much of the 2016 class transferred.

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:02 pm

Rigo wrote:Are we going to enter a new era of TLS WUSTL hype now?
Hopefully not. That being said, I'm at the Northwestern ASW. Some of the tour guides/current students were asking us what schools we were deciding between (presumably to persuade us). There were quite a few students who were deciding between NU and full-rides at WUSTL.

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:09 pm

PeanutsNJam wrote:lol I wonder what jcougar has to say about Wustl now

C/O 2017 numbers might be back down to sub-40% yeah since class size shot up so much. My class so far seems to be doing well though, so C/O 2018 is looking decent.
JCougar will find a way to spin these numbers in some way. He, along with some others like BruceWayne are pure agenda posters who should not be taken seriously.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:10 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:
Hopefully not. That being said, I'm at the Northwestern ASW. Some of the tour guides/current students were asking us what schools we were deciding between (presumably to persuade us). There were quite a few students who were deciding between NU and full-rides at WUSTL.
I'd take the full ride at WUSTL unless the Pritzkers were offering 75 %. I've never been an ASW host monkey, but I think they may just be making conversation rather than trying to sell you.

kingpin101

Bronze

Post by kingpin101 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:21 pm

star fox wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
I'd take the full ride at WUSTL unless the Pritzkers were offering 75 %. I've never been an ASW host monkey, but I think they may just be making conversation rather than trying to sell you.
Yeah no. WUSTL still gives you less than a coin flip's chance of getting biglaw. I'd take NU even at half.

loslakers

New

Post by loslakers » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:24 pm

xn3345

New

Post by xn3345 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:26 pm

Dean Miles said u chi class of 2016 had 19% clerk and 67% bl at ASW

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:47 pm

xn3345 wrote:Dean Miles said u chi class of 2016 had 19% clerk and 67% bl at ASW
Those numbers are insane.

robert88

Bronze

Post by robert88 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:54 pm

Congrats, WUSTL!!!

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:30 am

xn3345 wrote:Dean Miles said u chi class of 2016 had 19% clerk and 67% bl at ASW
Are deans actually using the Official TLS Employment Metric now?

Npret

Gold

Post by Npret » Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:50 am

As a person who lived through the refusal to bail out Lehman, Lehman collapse, domino collapse of the world economies, 2008and 2009 layoffs (including 1st years) and extended deferrals, collapse of Heller, Thelen, Dewey,etc.: These numbers makes me want to celebrate. So many people got fucked over.

Class sizes finally closing back in on normal numbers makes me very happy and much less anxious for you guys.

Excellent.Congrats all.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cannibal ox

Gold

Post by cannibal ox » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:42 am

Hikikomorist wrote:
PeanutsNJam wrote:C/O 2018 was 208 at the end of 1L, and I think they only took a few transfers. 2018 will probably be a smaller class than 2016 tbh.
Yeah, these numbers are extra impressive when you consider how much of the 2016 class transferred.
WUSTL re-ranks after people declare that they're transferring (even if they don't end up transferring), and everyone who stays get bumped up in the class rankings, so transfers don't really make a difference when it comes time for OCI. It might even help if firms say "we're taking (X number) of WUSTL kids" though I doubt firms do that for a school like WUSTL (no offense, but I only hear about that with much higher ranked schools).

robert88

Bronze

Post by robert88 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:51 am

Re-ranking at WUSTL happens only after the new semester starts, which is later than OCI.
cannibal ox wrote:
Hikikomorist wrote:
WUSTL re-ranks after people declare that they're transferring (even if they don't end up transferring), and everyone who stays get bumped up in the class rankings, so transfers don't really make a difference when it comes time for OCI. It might even help if firms say "we're taking (X number) of WUSTL kids" though I doubt firms do that for a school like WUSTL (no offense, but I only hear about that with much higher ranked schools).

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:23 am

Yeah Wustl does not rerank until after oci

Nebby

Diamond

Post by Nebby » Sat Apr 08, 2017 2:49 pm

updated

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

kingpin101

Bronze

Post by kingpin101 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:23 pm

Nebby wrote:updated
Missed BC.

KissMyAxe

Bronze

Post by KissMyAxe » Sat Apr 08, 2017 3:47 pm

RedPurpleBlue wrote:
People were discussing what scholarships they had elsewhere? Ew. I mean, I could see one person asking a question re: that, but if I asked an admit what schools they were deciding between, and they volunteered their scholarships, I'd cringe.

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:03 pm

kingpin101 wrote:
Nebby wrote:updated
Missed BC.
And UCI

star fox

Diamond

Post by star fox » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:43 pm

KissMyAxe wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
People were discussing what scholarships they had elsewhere? Ew. I mean, I could see one person asking a question re: that, but if I asked an admit what schools they were deciding between, and they volunteered their scholarships, I'd cringe.
The kind of people who attend ASW are usually insufferable future gunners so I'm not too surprised.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

KissMyAxe

Bronze

Post by KissMyAxe » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:15 pm

star fox wrote:
KissMyAxe wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
The kind of people who attend ASW are usually insufferable future gunners so I'm not too surprised.
I didn't attend ASW, but our one insufferable gunner did ask me my LSAT during orientation, so I guess you're right. Disgusting though. Admits and other 0Ls, don't do this when you're visiting law schools.

proteinshake

Gold

Post by proteinshake » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:16 pm

KissMyAxe wrote:
star fox wrote:
KissMyAxe wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
I didn't attend ASW, but our one insufferable gunner did ask me my LSAT during orientation, so I guess you're right. Disgusting though. Admits and other 0Ls, don't do this when you're visiting law schools.
LOL :lol:

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Post by PeanutsNJam » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:10 pm

awaiting >50% from UT and <45% from GULC to really solidify the new rankings

jk am not wishing unemployment on GULC grads

RedPurpleBlue

Silver

Post by RedPurpleBlue » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:46 pm

KissMyAxe wrote:
RedPurpleBlue wrote:
Yep. I thought it was pretty odd too. Reminded me of kids discussing their ACT/SAT during the first couple weeks of undergrad/orientation. It's definitely cringe worthy, but it wasn't everyone. Most the people who did bring up their scholly #s did seem insufferable, and I wouldn't want any of them as classmates.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”