STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

HARVARD OR STANFORD

STANFORD
19
49%
HARVARD
20
51%
 
Total votes: 39

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby dyebri » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:40 pm

Hey guys,
So i know this topic has been posted before but I am having a really hard time deciding. In terms of prestige are they equally the same/ will they open the same doors for me? Which one would you choose and why?

Thank you for all your help
Last edited by dyebri on Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rpupkin

Platinum
Posts: 5658
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby rpupkin » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:43 pm

dyebri wrote:Hey guys,
So i know this topic has been posted before but I am having a really hard time deciding. I dont necessarily want to practice law my whole life but I do want to work in big law for a couple years and then go into real estate/ business.

If that's really your goal, then the correct answer is: neither.

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby dyebri » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:46 pm

rpupkin wrote:
dyebri wrote:Hey guys,
So i know this topic has been posted before but I am having a really hard time deciding. I dont necessarily want to practice law my whole life but I do want to work in big law for a couple years and then go into real estate/ business.

If that's really your goal, then the correct answer is: neither.


what would you choose though between the two
Last edited by dyebri on Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
TripleM

Bronze
Posts: 139
Joined: Wed May 11, 2016 8:35 am

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby TripleM » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:50 pm

dyebri wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
dyebri wrote:Hey guys,
So i know this topic has been posted before but I am having a really hard time deciding. I dont necessarily want to practice law my whole life but I do want to work in big law for a couple years and then go into real estate/ business.

If that's really your goal, then the correct answer is: neither.



I want to learn the law. It is useful to know

For the record, he was not misunderstanding your statements.

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby dyebri » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:53 pm

.
Last edited by dyebri on Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse

Diamond
Posts: 29317
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:54 pm

dyebri wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
dyebri wrote:Hey guys,
So i know this topic has been posted before but I am having a really hard time deciding. I dont necessarily want to practice law my whole life but I do want to work in big law for a couple years and then go into real estate/ business.

If that's really your goal, then the correct answer is: neither.



I want to learn the law. It is useful to know

If you're going to be a lawyer.

User avatar
mjb447

Silver
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:36 am

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby mjb447 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:20 pm

Yeah, you don't really learn that much of the law in law school, and it would probably be malpractice to make a legal decision based on what you learn there. If you want to learn about the law generally, read some books, but if you don't want to be a lawyer, don't go to law school.

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby Mikey » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:27 pm

mjb447 wrote:if you don't want to be a lawyer, don't go to law school.

cavalier1138

Gold
Posts: 4954
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby cavalier1138 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:29 pm

You don't want to be a lawyer. So don't go to law school.

This seems like a really simple concept...

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby dyebri » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:31 pm

I do want to be a lawyer. Thank you guys

User avatar
mjb447

Silver
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:36 am

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby mjb447 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:35 pm

dyebri wrote:I do want to be a lawyer. Thank you guys

OK another angle - why not start your real estate/business career now?

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby dyebri » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:41 pm

mjb447 wrote:
dyebri wrote:I do want to be a lawyer. Thank you guys

OK another angle - why not start your real estate/business career now?



I want to go to law sschool. I want to be a lawyer lol. just answer between which one you would choose

Mikey

Platinum
Posts: 8047
Joined: Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby Mikey » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:43 pm

dyebri wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
dyebri wrote:I do want to be a lawyer. Thank you guys

OK another angle - why not start your real estate/business career now?



I want to go to law sschool. I want to be a lawyer lol. just answer between which one you would choose

the only reason people are iffy about you going to LS is because you said: "I dont necessarily want to practice law my whole life but I do want to work in big law for a couple years and then go into real estate/ business"

User avatar
RSN

Silver
Posts: 967
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby RSN » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:58 pm

dyebri wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
dyebri wrote:I do want to be a lawyer. Thank you guys

OK another angle - why not start your real estate/business career now?



I want to go to law sschool. I want to be a lawyer lol. just answer between which one you would choose


Another reason people are pushing back is because you haven't actually given any useful information here. Look at the announcement topic at the top of this forum. At least something about your comparative costs to attend the two schools would be useful. I'm going to throw out a wild guess that you have someone else paying for you, but that's essential information if you want any help.

cavalier1138

Gold
Posts: 4954
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby cavalier1138 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:01 pm

dyebri wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
dyebri wrote:I do want to be a lawyer. Thank you guys

OK another angle - why not start your real estate/business career now?



I want to go to law sschool. I want to be a lawyer lol. just answer between which one you would choose


Ok lol. Lol what kind of lol law do you want to practice lol?

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby dyebri » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:17 pm

LetsGoMets wrote:
dyebri wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
dyebri wrote:I do want to be a lawyer. Thank you guys

OK another angle - why not start your real estate/business career now?



I want to go to law sschool. I want to be a lawyer lol. just answer between which one you would choose


Another reason people are pushing back is because you haven't actually given any useful information here. Look at the announcement topic at the top of this forum. At least something about your comparative costs to attend the two schools would be useful. I'm going to throw out a wild guess that you have someone else paying for you, but that's essential information if you want any help.


hey yes assuming the cost will be the same

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby dyebri » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:17 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
dyebri wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
dyebri wrote:I do want to be a lawyer. Thank you guys

OK another angle - why not start your real estate/business career now?



I want to go to law sschool. I want to be a lawyer lol. just answer between which one you would choose


Ok lol. Lol what kind of lol law do you want to practice lol?


no idea yet/ something along the lines of corporate to real estate

User avatar
mjb447

Silver
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:36 am

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby mjb447 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:20 pm

LetsGoMets wrote:
dyebri wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
dyebri wrote:I do want to be a lawyer. Thank you guys

OK another angle - why not start your real estate/business career now?



I want to go to law sschool. I want to be a lawyer lol. just answer between which one you would choose


Another reason people are pushing back is because you haven't actually given any useful information here. Look at the announcement topic at the top of this forum. At least something about your comparative costs to attend the two schools would be useful. I'm going to throw out a wild guess that you have someone else paying for you, but that's essential information if you want any help.

+1. Aside from OP's non-legal long term goals, this is pretty much another useless "which school has more prestige" thread. (If OP's sole legal goal is a few years of biglaw, Harvard, Stanford, and about a dozen other schools will give OP a reasonable shot if he finishes around median or above.)

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby dyebri » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:37 pm

mjb447 wrote:
LetsGoMets wrote:
dyebri wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
dyebri wrote:I do want to be a lawyer. Thank you guys

OK another angle - why not start your real estate/business career now?



I want to go to law sschool. I want to be a lawyer lol. just answer between which one you would choose


Another reason people are pushing back is because you haven't actually given any useful information here. Look at the announcement topic at the top of this forum. At least something about your comparative costs to attend the two schools would be useful. I'm going to throw out a wild guess that you have someone else paying for you, but that's essential information if you want any help.

+1. Aside from OP's non-legal long term goals, this is pretty much another useless "which school has more prestige" thread. (If OP's sole legal goal is a few years of biglaw, Harvard, Stanford, and about a dozen other schools will give OP a reasonable shot if he finishes around median or above.)


I have no idea why this question is so difficult for you to answer. Just which one is your preference. If you dont like the way I posed the question you dont have to comment on the thread. Very simple.

Im asking which one would you go to?

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby Rigo » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:39 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're in at neither so don't put cart before horse buddy.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam

Gold
Posts: 4559
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby PeanutsNJam » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:44 pm

OP pick your favorite coast and go to that school.

I think Stanford has a slight edge in terms of opening doors only because their class size is much smaller. Hard to stand out in a crowd of 500+ Harvard students.

So I pick Stanford.

User avatar
RCSOB657

Gold
Posts: 3330
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 am

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby RCSOB657 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:46 pm

dyebri wrote:Hey guys,
So i know this topic has been posted before but I am having a really hard time deciding. In terms of prestige are they equally the same/ will they open the same doors for me? Which one would you choose and why?

Thank you for all your help


Yale. For the preftige.

User avatar
mjb447

Silver
Posts: 1276
Joined: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:36 am

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby mjb447 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:56 pm

dyebri wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
LetsGoMets wrote:
dyebri wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
dyebri wrote:I do want to be a lawyer. Thank you guys

OK another angle - why not start your real estate/business career now?



I want to go to law sschool. I want to be a lawyer lol. just answer between which one you would choose


Another reason people are pushing back is because you haven't actually given any useful information here. Look at the announcement topic at the top of this forum. At least something about your comparative costs to attend the two schools would be useful. I'm going to throw out a wild guess that you have someone else paying for you, but that's essential information if you want any help.

+1. Aside from OP's non-legal long term goals, this is pretty much another useless "which school has more prestige" thread. (If OP's sole legal goal is a few years of biglaw, Harvard, Stanford, and about a dozen other schools will give OP a reasonable shot if he finishes around median or above.)


I have no idea why this question is so difficult for you to answer. Just which one is your preference. If you dont like the way I posed the question you dont have to comment on the thread. Very simple.

Im asking which one would you go to?

By the same token, if you don't like people pointing out that inane questions are inane, don't bother with TLS. Or law school. Or lawyers.

dyebri

Bronze
Posts: 267
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:42 am

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby dyebri » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:07 pm

mjb447 wrote:
dyebri wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
LetsGoMets wrote:
dyebri wrote:
mjb447 wrote:
dyebri wrote:I do want to be a lawyer. Thank you guys

OK another angle - why not start your real estate/business career now?



I want to go to law sschool. I want to be a lawyer lol. just answer between which one you would choose


Another reason people are pushing back is because you haven't actually given any useful information here. Look at the announcement topic at the top of this forum. At least something about your comparative costs to attend the two schools would be useful. I'm going to throw out a wild guess that you have someone else paying for you, but that's essential information if you want any help.

+1. Aside from OP's non-legal long term goals, this is pretty much another useless "which school has more prestige" thread. (If OP's sole legal goal is a few years of biglaw, Harvard, Stanford, and about a dozen other schools will give OP a reasonable shot if he finishes around median or above.)


I have no idea why this question is so difficult for you to answer. Just which one is your preference. If you dont like the way I posed the question you dont have to comment on the thread. Very simple.

Im asking which one would you go to?

By the same token, if you don't like people pointing out that inane questions are inane, don't bother with TLS. Or law school. Or lawyers.


My man. Please stop commenting. thank you

cavalier1138

Gold
Posts: 4954
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: STANFORD OR HARVARD..PLEASE HELP!

Postby cavalier1138 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:10 pm

So you don't actually want to be a lawyer, and you haven't been admitted to Harvard or Stanford.

Why is this a thread?



Return to “Choosing a Law School�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests