.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which one?

Cornell
37
76%
UCLA
12
24%
 
Total votes: 49

Itiswritten

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: Cornell vs. UCLA

Postby Itiswritten » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:14 pm

BigZuck wrote:Look we all agree that Cornell is an unprestigious garbage dump. Literally no one would dispute that.

But LOL UCLA isn't a peer of Cornell. Stop being so silly ya goose.

People can certainly choose UCLA over Cornell for any number of reasons. But they aren't peer schools.



So Cornell (13) is a peer of Penn(6)
Yet UCLA (15) is not a peer of Cornell (13)

Seems legit

Also pretty sure UCLA and Cornell had the same LSAT medians but UCLA's GPA median is higher.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Cornell vs. UCLA

Postby Rigo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:19 pm

Itiswritten wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Look we all agree that Cornell is an unprestigious garbage dump. Literally no one would dispute that.

But LOL UCLA isn't a peer of Cornell. Stop being so silly ya goose.

People can certainly choose UCLA over Cornell for any number of reasons. But they aren't peer schools.



So Cornell (13) is a peer of Penn(6)
Yet UCLA (15) is not a peer of Cornell (13)

Seems legit

Also pretty sure UCLA and Cornell had the same LSAT medians but UCLA's GPA median is higher.

You're too hung up on ordinal ranking differences here.
https://excessofdemocracy.com/blog/2017 ... -presented

Itiswritten

New
Posts: 60
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 11:40 pm

Re: Cornell vs. UCLA

Postby Itiswritten » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:49 pm

Rigo wrote:
Itiswritten wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Look we all agree that Cornell is an unprestigious garbage dump. Literally no one would dispute that.

But LOL UCLA isn't a peer of Cornell. Stop being so silly ya goose.

People can certainly choose UCLA over Cornell for any number of reasons. But they aren't peer schools.



So Cornell (13) is a peer of Penn(6)
Yet UCLA (15) is not a peer of Cornell (13)

Seems legit

Also pretty sure UCLA and Cornell had the same LSAT medians but UCLA's GPA median is higher.

You're too hung up on ordinal ranking differences here.
https://excessofdemocracy.com/blog/2017 ... -presented


Sooo tell me why I should listen to some associate prof at Pepperdine instead of US News

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Cornell vs. UCLA

Postby Rigo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:52 pm

Itiswritten wrote:
Rigo wrote:
Itiswritten wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Look we all agree that Cornell is an unprestigious garbage dump. Literally no one would dispute that.

But LOL UCLA isn't a peer of Cornell. Stop being so silly ya goose.

People can certainly choose UCLA over Cornell for any number of reasons. But they aren't peer schools.



So Cornell (13) is a peer of Penn(6)
Yet UCLA (15) is not a peer of Cornell (13)

Seems legit

Also pretty sure UCLA and Cornell had the same LSAT medians but UCLA's GPA median is higher.

You're too hung up on ordinal ranking differences here.
https://excessofdemocracy.com/blog/2017 ... -presented


Sooo tell me why I should listen to some associate prof at Pepperdine instead of US News

It's using US News overall scores, so theres no "instead of"
You are either being purposefully dense or didn't read it.

User avatar
BoyJord

Bronze
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:15 pm

Re: Cornell vs. UCLA

Postby BoyJord » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:55 pm

Rigo wrote:
Itiswritten wrote:
Rigo wrote:
Itiswritten wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Look we all agree that Cornell is an unprestigious garbage dump. Literally no one would dispute that.

But LOL UCLA isn't a peer of Cornell. Stop being so silly ya goose.

People can certainly choose UCLA over Cornell for any number of reasons. But they aren't peer schools.



So Cornell (13) is a peer of Penn(6)
Yet UCLA (15) is not a peer of Cornell (13)

Seems legit

Also pretty sure UCLA and Cornell had the same LSAT medians but UCLA's GPA median is higher.

You're too hung up on ordinal ranking differences here.
https://excessofdemocracy.com/blog/2017 ... -presented


Sooo tell me why I should listen to some associate prof at Pepperdine instead of US News

It's using US News raw data, so theres no "instead of"


+1 lol

BigZuck

Diamond
Posts: 11731
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Cornell vs. UCLA

Postby BigZuck » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:58 pm

Hey yo seriously dude can you not? This is dumb.

Rigo

Diamond
Posts: 16642
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Cornell vs. UCLA

Postby Rigo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:00 pm

I think OP has gotten enough opinions here. Come back and let us know what you choose & good luck!

Malarkey

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:26 am

Re: Cornell vs. UCLA

Postby Malarkey » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:05 pm

.
Last edited by Malarkey on Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ambrajdurbra131313

New
Posts: 52
Joined: Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:26 pm

Re: Cornell vs. UCLA

Postby ambrajdurbra131313 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:11 pm

[/quote]

Well, in my class, I personally knew 4 people that turned down H/S for USC, which I would consider a handful- I would think Cornell would be in the double digits, which would be a "bunch" to me[/quote]

statistically speaking, your classmates are probably lying. It would be surprising if even 1 person in a given USC class turned down H/S. People lie about stuff like this all the time.[/quote]

Well 2 of them were good pals so I know those forsure; I guess idk about the other 2 but don't know what the point of lying would be. I don't think its "lol" worthy like another poster suggested- if you have borderline H stats but get in then theres a decent chance that you won't get much money at CCN- however, you'd be likely to get big money from Cornell. If you want NYC biglaw, then thats a perfectly rational decision- my point was that if people are turning those schools down for USC then I would think it would be way more likely at a much better biglaw school

derekmuller

New
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:58 pm

Re: Cornell vs. UCLA

Postby derekmuller » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:21 pm

Itiswritten wrote:
Rigo wrote:
Itiswritten wrote:
BigZuck wrote:Look we all agree that Cornell is an unprestigious garbage dump. Literally no one would dispute that.

But LOL UCLA isn't a peer of Cornell. Stop being so silly ya goose.

People can certainly choose UCLA over Cornell for any number of reasons. But they aren't peer schools.



So Cornell (13) is a peer of Penn(6)
Yet UCLA (15) is not a peer of Cornell (13)

Seems legit

Also pretty sure UCLA and Cornell had the same LSAT medians but UCLA's GPA median is higher.

You're too hung up on ordinal ranking differences here.
https://excessofdemocracy.com/blog/2017 ... -presented


Sooo tell me why I should listen to some associate prof at Pepperdine instead of US News

Relieved someone on this forum is telling it like it is.

Moneytrees

Silver
Posts: 791
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:41 pm

Re: Cornell vs. UCLA

Postby Moneytrees » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:41 pm

Cornell is objectively far superior to UCLA in terms of employment stats. UCLA is a great school and has similar LSAT/GPA medians as Cornell, but let's be real, the only thing that really matters is pure job placement power. Cornell beats UCLA by a mile in that department.

ernie

Bronze
Posts: 169
Joined: Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:34 am

Re: Cornell vs. UCLA

Postby ernie » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:53 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Yeah I'm also at Cornell and had several close friends who wanted CA get it during OCI (not with amazing grades). While I agree that trying for more money is always preferable, I think Cornell here is a solid option if you are: 1) set on Biglaw over any CA law job and 2) are willing to target NYC and CA (through hustling mass-mailing in addition to bidding) during AJF. There's a good shot you will get CA, but you need to be ready for NYC if Biglaw or bust is your goal. My personal anecdata is that the people with CA ties here (there aren't a ton, but it's not insignificant) are able to get CA biglaw jobs with slightly above median.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that you're an idiot.

User avatar
Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver
Posts: 1222
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 pm

Re: Cornell vs. UCLA

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:05 pm

ernie wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:Yeah I'm also at Cornell and had several close friends who wanted CA get it during OCI (not with amazing grades). While I agree that trying for more money is always preferable, I think Cornell here is a solid option if you are: 1) set on Biglaw over any CA law job and 2) are willing to target NYC and CA (through hustling mass-mailing in addition to bidding) during AJF. There's a good shot you will get CA, but you need to be ready for NYC if Biglaw or bust is your goal. My personal anecdata is that the people with CA ties here (there aren't a ton, but it's not insignificant) are able to get CA biglaw jobs with slightly above median.

Hey, just wanted to let you know that you're an idiot.


Alright, Ernest. Time to get a new hobby.

Winter is Coming

Bronze
Posts: 404
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Cornell vs. UCLA

Postby Winter is Coming » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:33 pm

ETA: didn't realize he followed me over here haha

bgt1995

New
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Re: Cornell vs. UCLA

Postby bgt1995 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:16 pm

-



Return to “Choosing a Law School�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests