Cardozo ($$) v Brooklyn ($$) v WUSTL ($)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
warwickmain

Cardozo ($$) v Brooklyn ($$) v WUSTL ($)

Postby warwickmain » Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:55 pm

[deleted]
Last edited by warwickmain on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

trebekismyhero

Re: Cardozo ($$) v Brooklyn ($$) v WUSTL ($)

Postby trebekismyhero » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:12 pm

If you can get Cardozo and Brooklyn close to full tuition then those would be advisable because it sounds like you likely will not end up commuting so COA will be higher. Right now I would say none of the above. WUSTL at that cost is just too much. If it were under $100k then it would make sense. And Brooklyn and Cardozo are just not worth taking $100k worth of loans out, which if you don't live at home you will. If you actually kept Cardozo to $60k then I think that would be ok.

It sounds like you scored where you were averaging, but even just another point or two would lead to a lot more $ from WUSTL because you would be above their average so I wouldn't discount a retake in June.

gsy987

Postby gsy987 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:26 pm

trebekismyhero wrote:If you can get Cardozo and Brooklyn close to full tuition then those would be advisable because it sounds like you likely will not end up commuting so COA will be higher. Right now I would say none of the above. WUSTL at that cost is just too much. If it were under $100k then it would make sense. And Brooklyn and Cardozo are just not worth taking $100k worth of loans out, which if you don't live at home you will. If you actually kept Cardozo to $60k then I think that would be ok.

It sounds like you scored where you were averaging, but even just another point or two would lead to a lot more $ from WUSTL because you would be above their average so I wouldn't discount a retake in June.

Agreed. WUSTL is notorious for hunting for good LSAT scores...so waiting could be a good option.

warwickmain

Postby warwickmain » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:45 pm

gsy987 wrote:
trebekismyhero wrote:If you can get Cardozo and Brooklyn close to full tuition then those would be advisable because it sounds like you likely will not end up commuting so COA will be higher. Right now I would say none of the above. WUSTL at that cost is just too much. If it were under $100k then it would make sense. And Brooklyn and Cardozo are just not worth taking $100k worth of loans out, which if you don't live at home you will. If you actually kept Cardozo to $60k then I think that would be ok.

Agreed. WUSTL is notorious for hunting for good LSAT scores...so waiting could be a good option.

I didn't know about WUSTL being so focused on the LSAT for scholarships, but I'll definitely look into a June retake! Thanks!
I'm also waiting on Brooklyn still for a scholarship negotiation response, so we'll see what happens there.

Rigo

Postby Rigo » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:05 pm

It looks like WUSTL is being less generous this year just based on choosing threads.

As of now, I'd do Dozo but relentlessly negotiate with both Brooklyn and Dozo. Every little bit counts.

Johann

Postby Johann » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:34 pm

cardozo.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”