Fordham(30K Scholarship) vs Cardozo(Full Scholarship)???

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jgoods13

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Fordham(30K Scholarship) vs Cardozo(Full Scholarship)???

Postby jgoods13 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:30 pm

Hey,

I've been going back and forth between these two options for a couple of weeks now. My issue is that I'm not 100% convinced that I want to pursue BigLaw, which would obviously be the benefit of going to Fordham. For both schools I am planning on taking out loans to cover living expenses, and for Fordham I'd take out loans to cover the remaining tuition. Any and all advice is appreciated!

sunnyhopeful

New
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:39 pm

Re: Fordham(30K Scholarship) vs Cardozo(Full Scholarship)???

Postby sunnyhopeful » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:16 pm

You could probably leverage the full ride at Cardozo to get more money from Fordham.

baseballfan660

Bronze
Posts: 113
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:46 pm

Re: Fordham(30K Scholarship) vs Cardozo(Full Scholarship)???

Postby baseballfan660 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:06 pm

jgoods13 wrote:Hey,

I've been going back and forth between these two options for a couple of weeks now. My issue is that I'm not 100% convinced that I want to pursue BigLaw, which would obviously be the benefit of going to Fordham. For both schools I am planning on taking out loans to cover living expenses, and for Fordham I'd take out loans to cover the remaining tuition. Any and all advice is appreciated!

Stats ? Also 30k per year or total?

jgoods13

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Fordham(30K Scholarship) vs Cardozo(Full Scholarship)???

Postby jgoods13 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:34 am

baseballfan660 wrote:
jgoods13 wrote:Hey,

I've been going back and forth between these two options for a couple of weeks now. My issue is that I'm not 100% convinced that I want to pursue BigLaw, which would obviously be the benefit of going to Fordham. For both schools I am planning on taking out loans to cover living expenses, and for Fordham I'd take out loans to cover the remaining tuition. Any and all advice is appreciated!

Stats ? Also 30k per year or total?



165/3.62 Majoring in Business Administration at a relatively good state university...$30k annual scholarship

basketofbread

New
Posts: 33
Joined: Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:46 pm

Re: Fordham(30K Scholarship) vs Cardozo(Full Scholarship)???

Postby basketofbread » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:46 am

Are you me? I have almost the exact same offers. Similarly at an impasse. What careers are you interested in if not BigLaw?

jgoods13

New
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:24 pm

Re: Fordham(30K Scholarship) vs Cardozo(Full Scholarship)???

Postby jgoods13 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:49 pm

basketofbread wrote:Are you me? I have almost the exact same offers. Similarly at an impasse. What careers are you interested in if not BigLaw?


For Cardozo, I'd probably see how I do my first year and pursue BigLaw if my grades are good enough, otherwise I would probably do IP...for Fordham I'd be all-in on BigLaw and would settle for a smaller firm if I'm not in the top ~35% my first year

User avatar
Ferrisjso

Gold
Posts: 2149
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:40 pm

Re: Fordham(30K Scholarship) vs Cardozo(Full Scholarship)???

Postby Ferrisjso » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:56 pm

Cardozo, especially if you''re "unsure" about BL. The main reason to pay more for Fordham is the 15%(give or take) boost in BL employment numbers.

User avatar
trebekismyhero

Silver
Posts: 806
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 5:26 pm

Re: Fordham(30K Scholarship) vs Cardozo(Full Scholarship)???

Postby trebekismyhero » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:21 pm

jgoods13 wrote:
basketofbread wrote:Are you me? I have almost the exact same offers. Similarly at an impasse. What careers are you interested in if not BigLaw?


For Cardozo, I'd probably see how I do my first year and pursue BigLaw if my grades are good enough, otherwise I would probably do IP...for Fordham I'd be all-in on BigLaw and would settle for a smaller firm if I'm not in the top ~35% my first year


IP is pretty hard to get unless you're patent eligible, business administration doesn't count. There is soft IP like trademark work, but that generally is more in big law.

Ask Fordham for more $ using Cardozo full ride.



Return to “Choosing a Law School�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 6 guests