UCI FT (65K) or Fordham PT (30k)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sunnyhopeful

New

UCI FT (65K) or Fordham PT (30k)

Postby sunnyhopeful » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:41 am

Last edited by sunnyhopeful on Sun Mar 12, 2017 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

floatie

Silver

Re: UCI FT (65K) or Fordham PT (30k)

Postby floatie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:47 am

These are both regional schools that most likely won't carry to the other market. Getting Cali from Fordham would probably require previous ties.

What would be the total COA for each school?

sunnyhopeful

New

Postby sunnyhopeful » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:10 am

floatie wrote:These are both regional schools that most likely won't carry to the other market. Getting Cali from Fordham would probably require previous ties.

~90K for UCI and 120k for Fordham. I will probably work if I did Fordham's PT program and could offset to about half that.

floatie

Silver

Postby floatie » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:14 am

sunnyhopeful wrote:
floatie wrote:These are both regional schools that most likely won't carry to the other market. Getting Cali from Fordham would probably require previous ties.

~90K for UCI and 120k for Fordham. I will probably work if I did Fordham's PT program and could offset to about half that.

So for all intents and purposes the COA at the two schools is about the same. If you were to pick Fordham, do you already have a job lined up that will be flexible enough to accommodate the PT program?

Decide which market you want more, and pick that school.

cavalier1138

Platinum

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Mar 09, 2017 12:37 pm

floatie wrote:If you were to pick Fordham, do you already have a job lined up that will be flexible enough to accommodate the PT program?

OP, this is absolutely crucial. Most people start PT programs with a job they've held for quite some time. You shouldn't be going to a PT program on the expectation of getting a job to help defray costs. The debt load really doesn't end up being that different at the end of the day (you're paying off cost-of-living expenses and some tuition, but you end up taking on more tuition costs overall, etc.).

Return to “Choosing a Law School�