QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Johann
Posts: 19155
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:25 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby Johann » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:03 am

BigZuck wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
Nebby wrote:I can give you tips on how to crush 1L


I'd be happy to hear them! You can PM me any time.

Make sure you guys keep this to PM because if Nebby's WHITE HOT TAKES on straight up CRUSHIN' 1L ever reach the general public they might have to totally revamp law school as we know it.


i think he was like #1 in his class after 1L... stop taking your personal vendettas to the on topics. doesnt help prospective students at all.

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 4059
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby cannibal ox » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:06 am

Johann wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
Nebby wrote:I can give you tips on how to crush 1L


I'd be happy to hear them! You can PM me any time.

Make sure you guys keep this to PM because if Nebby's WHITE HOT TAKES on straight up CRUSHIN' 1L ever reach the general public they might have to totally revamp law school as we know it.


i think he was like #1 in his class after 1L... stop taking your personal vendettas to the on topics. doesnt help prospective students at all.


This is either next-level trolling or next-level stupidity.

Veil of Ignorance
Posts: 264
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:22 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby Veil of Ignorance » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:01 am

cannibal ox wrote:
Johann wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
Nebby wrote:I can give you tips on how to crush 1L


I'd be happy to hear them! You can PM me any time.

Make sure you guys keep this to PM because if Nebby's WHITE HOT TAKES on straight up CRUSHIN' 1L ever reach the general public they might have to totally revamp law school as we know it.


i think he was like #1 in his class after 1L... stop taking your personal vendettas to the on topics. doesnt help prospective students at all.


This is either next-level trolling or next-level stupidity.


Wait, why?

User avatar
UVA2B
Posts: 3140
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby UVA2B » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:13 am

Veil of Ignorance wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:
Johann wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
Nebby wrote:I can give you tips on how to crush 1L


I'd be happy to hear them! You can PM me any time.

Make sure you guys keep this to PM because if Nebby's WHITE HOT TAKES on straight up CRUSHIN' 1L ever reach the general public they might have to totally revamp law school as we know it.


i think he was like #1 in his class after 1L... stop taking your personal vendettas to the on topics. doesnt help prospective students at all.


This is either next-level trolling or next-level stupidity.


Wait, why?


No idea on the personal vendettas part, but it's extremely unlikely anyone here has groundbreaking ideas how to do well as a 1L. Number one in your class could be an unchecked workaholic who just drives themselves to the bone, or it could be someone with autodidactic memory that just naturally gets law school and hardly works at all (the latter being extremely unlikely at QU, but I hope you get my point). Every piece of advice on doing well in law school is probably already explicitly discussed in topics around here, and that advice can be helpful only to the extent your learning style matches with that advice.

Npret
Posts: 1163
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:42 am

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby Npret » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:23 am

UVA2B wrote:
Veil of Ignorance wrote:
cannibal ox wrote:
Johann wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
Nebby wrote:I can give you tips on how to crush 1L


I'd be happy to hear them! You can PM me any time.

Make sure you guys keep this to PM because if Nebby's WHITE HOT TAKES on straight up CRUSHIN' 1L ever reach the general public they might have to totally revamp law school as we know it.


i think he was like #1 in his class after 1L... stop taking your personal vendettas to the on topics. doesnt help prospective students at all.


This is either next-level trolling or next-level stupidity.


Wait, why?


No idea on the personal vendettas part, but it's extremely unlikely anyone here has groundbreaking ideas how to do well as a 1L. Number one in your class could be an unchecked workaholic who just drives themselves to the bone, or it could be someone with autodidactic memory that just naturally gets law school and hardly works at all (the latter being extremely unlikely at QU, but I hope you get my point). Every piece of advice on doing well in law school is probably already explicitly discussed in topics around here, and that advice can be helpful only to the extent your learning style matches with that advice.


People know how to apply advice and adjust learning styles. I think the more advice on how people did well in law school the better.

Who is the Hall Monitor of Posts around here anyway?

User avatar
UVA2B
Posts: 3140
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby UVA2B » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:35 am

Npret wrote:
People know how to apply advice and adjust learning styles. I think the more advice on how people did well in law school the better.

Who is the Hall Monitor of Posts around here anyway?


Yeah, I don't personally care at all about whether advice gets rehashed, I was just explaining why zuck was mocking the idea of providing advice on doing well. Absolutely no dog in that fight, and reminding others of how to succeed in law school is never a bad thing. I think it was more just mocking the idea that there is some special approach to law school that can only be shared via PM (this could be the personal vendetta part I'm missing).

User avatar
OneHandedEconomist
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:29 am

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby OneHandedEconomist » Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:49 am

38 pages, and yet OP will still end up making a life ruining choice.

At this point, OP deserves the debt and joblessness they'll eventually face.

User avatar
Nebby
amateur huffpo
Posts: 30524
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby Nebby » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:03 am

Johann wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
Nebby wrote:I can give you tips on how to crush 1L


I'd be happy to hear them! You can PM me any time.

Make sure you guys keep this to PM because if Nebby's WHITE HOT TAKES on straight up CRUSHIN' 1L ever reach the general public they might have to totally revamp law school as we know it.


i think he was like #1 in his class after 1L... stop taking your personal vendettas to the on topics. doesnt help prospective students at all.

Zuck was being sarcastic and not in a malicious way.

Zuck you gotta put disclaimers on your jokes because this is the second time someone has interpreted it as a dig at me. Like I'd ever take a post seriously by a 10k+ poster with no avatar :twisted:

BigZuck
Posts: 11720
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby BigZuck » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:31 pm

Nebby wrote:
Johann wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
Nebby wrote:I can give you tips on how to crush 1L


I'd be happy to hear them! You can PM me any time.

Make sure you guys keep this to PM because if Nebby's WHITE HOT TAKES on straight up CRUSHIN' 1L ever reach the general public they might have to totally revamp law school as we know it.


i think he was like #1 in his class after 1L... stop taking your personal vendettas to the on topics. doesnt help prospective students at all.

Zuck was being sarcastic and not in a malicious way.

Zuck you gotta put disclaimers on your jokes because this is the second time someone has interpreted it as a dig at me. Like I'd ever take a post seriously by a 10k+ poster with no avatar :twisted:

Now that I'm in the twilight of my TLS shitpoasting career all of my posts should have an implied "This is a bad sarcastic joke" disclaimer attached to them.

Or people should just ignore them probably.

(Ferris- I was serious though when I wished you luck. I hope everything works out and law school gets you where you want to go, I really do)

User avatar
trebekismyhero
Posts: 782
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 5:26 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby trebekismyhero » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Good luck Ferris. Hope QU and Connecticut works out for you. Let us know how 1L goes as well as your driver's test :)

Total aside, does anyone know whatever happened to DaRascal? He was brought up in this thread earlier and I wondered

User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 16057
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby Rigo » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:54 pm

trebekismyhero wrote:Total aside, does anyone know whatever happened to DaRascal? He was brought up in this thread earlier and I wondered

His last thread/posts:
viewtopic.php?p=8904541#p8904541
I wonder if he ever did pull it together or drop out.

User avatar
Pragmatic Gun
Posts: 1361
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby Pragmatic Gun » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:39 pm

OMG DaRascal was the ferris of yesteryear.

grades??
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:55 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby grades?? » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:41 pm

Kevin was going to be the next ferris, but alas, he was gone too soon

User avatar
Pragmatic Gun
Posts: 1361
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby Pragmatic Gun » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:48 pm

For real, who is this kevin dude?

User avatar
star fox
Posts: 20486
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:13 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby star fox » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:50 pm

DaRascal is a legend. Ferris can only hope to become 1/10 of DaRascal.

grades??
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:55 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby grades?? » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:54 pm

Pragmatic Gun wrote:For real, who is this kevin dude?


He made a thread about a month ago about his amazing time at Ave Maria law school and it went exactly how you thought it would. He pmed a mod to delete the thread and went into hiding and left us too soon

User avatar
Pragmatic Gun
Posts: 1361
Joined: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby Pragmatic Gun » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:56 pm

grades?? wrote:
Pragmatic Gun wrote:For real, who is this kevin dude?


He made a thread about a month ago about his amazing time at Ave Maria law school and it went exactly how you thought it would. He pmed a mod to delete the thread and went into hiding and left us too soon


Ohhh, was he the one who linked to his youtube videos?

grades??
Posts: 984
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:55 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby grades?? » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:57 pm

Pragmatic Gun wrote:
grades?? wrote:
Pragmatic Gun wrote:For real, who is this kevin dude?


He made a thread about a month ago about his amazing time at Ave Maria law school and it went exactly how you thought it would. He pmed a mod to delete the thread and went into hiding and left us too soon


Ohhh, was he the one who linked to his youtube videos?


Yeah exactly. RIP kevin

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 4059
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby cannibal ox » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:34 pm

DaRascal wishes he was john1990 (or whatever his username was)

User avatar
UVA2B
Posts: 3140
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby UVA2B » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:37 pm

cannibal ox wrote:DaRascal wishes he was john1990 (or whatever his username was)


Who was preceded by Bearsgrl. We can do this all day.









No seriously, can we start ranking them?

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 4059
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby cannibal ox » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:38 pm

Bearsgirl was before my time. Was she an on-topic troll? I've only heard about Lounge trolling.

User avatar
UVA2B
Posts: 3140
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 10:48 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby UVA2B » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:41 pm

Yeah, before my time too. But if you read through some of those train wrecks ex post, still hilarious.

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 4509
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby PeanutsNJam » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:50 pm

don't forget bmathers. short-lived but still excellent

User avatar
pancakes3
Posts: 6177
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby pancakes3 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:53 pm

was bmathers the lazy river guy?

Winter is Coming
Posts: 395
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 am

Re: QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby Winter is Coming » Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:22 pm

John1990 was truly amazing. He'd continue to pop up after a year or two of silence explaining that he had been kicked out of another law school and was trying to reapply to other schools without disclosing that he had done 1L twice (or maybe 3 times).




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests