QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
BigZuck

Diamond

Re: UCONN v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby BigZuck » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:45 pm

ernie wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:Yes it's Cardozo and QU. QU is about 70k(from 509 COL estimates) and Cardozo is about 110k(I rounded everything up to account for interest/tuition increases). My goal is to practice law and one day run for public office. Right now my main concern is that Cardozo has better employment stats but I want to work in CT and whatever school puts me in a better position to do that, I want to go to. Cardozo's also more money.

Hmm. So, I'm not going to advocate for one over the other, but I will give you something to consider: if you want to target a specific geographical area, it's not just the school that matters—your existing ties matter too. If you're from CT originally, no employer in Stamford is going to question your commitment to staying in the area just because you went to law school in New York.

Dude

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:46 pm

ernie wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:Yes it's Cardozo and QU. QU is about 70k(from 509 COL estimates) and Cardozo is about 110k(I rounded everything up to account for interest/tuition increases). My goal is to practice law and one day run for public office. Right now my main concern is that Cardozo has better employment stats but I want to work in CT and whatever school puts me in a better position to do that, I want to go to. Cardozo's also more money.

Hmm. So, I'm not going to advocate for one over the other, but I will give you something to consider: if you want to target a specific geographical area, it's not just the school that matters—your existing ties matter too. If you're from CT originally, no employer in Stamford is going to question your commitment to staying in the area just because you went to law school in New York.

With all due respect, I think you should just read the thread itself since all of this has already been said already/answered/responded to/ considered/ disregarded. lol Not really sure why you're asking for a fifth time re-run.

He's from NYC, went to UG at QU, doesn't want to stay in NYC bc he wants to get away from his social circumstances, wants to work in CT, the only schools he were considering in CT were UCONN and QU (UConn gave him unviable money and QU is QU), now it's between Cardozo with reasonable scholarship vs. QU but he doesn't like Cardozo because it's in NYC and is afraid he can't get a job in CT with a Dozo degree, and he's wondering if he has a better chance of getting a CT job from QU. But it's QU.

The end.

Winter is Coming

Bronze

Postby Winter is Coming » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:49 pm

Pretty sure Ernie is a sock puppet. Dude signed up 3 days ago to offer asinine advice.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Pretty sure Ernie is a sock puppet. Dude signed up 3 days ago to offer asinine advice.

Or maybe Chicagoburger making a comeback?

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:51 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
ernie wrote:

With all due respect, I think you should just read the thread itself since all of this has already been said already/answered/responded to/ considered/ disregarded. lol Not really sure why you're asking for a fifth time re-run.

He's from NYC, went to UG at QU, doesn't want to stay in NYC bc he wants to get away from his social circumstances, wants to work in CT, the only schools he were considering in CT were UCONN and QU (UConn gave him unviable money and QU is QU), now it's between Cardozo with reasonable scholarship vs. QU but he doesn't like Cardozo because it's in NYC and is afraid he can't get a job in CT with a Dozo degree, and he's wondering if he has a better chance of getting a CT job from QU. But it's QU.

The end.

To anyone reading this thread, this is a perfectly accurate summary of my situation. Thank you ESQ Thomas Hagan!

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:51 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Pretty sure Ernie is a sock puppet. Dude signed up 3 days ago to offer asinine advice.

Or maybe Chicagoburger making a comeback?

Or Kevin. I hope that it is Kevin. Kevin, if you are out there, please come back.

ernie

Bronze

Postby ernie » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:53 pm

What's "asinine" about my advice? Is it as asinine as a shameless Cornell whore telling a poster to choose Cornell over UCLA to target California?

Is it that kind of asinine?

mjb447

Silver

Postby mjb447 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:55 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:Not really sure why you're asking for a fifth time re-run.

But if we do it all again we might be able to push this thread past fifty pages!

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:57 pm

ernie wrote:

What's "asinine" about my advice? Is it as asinine as a shameless Cornell whore telling a poster to choose Cornell over UCLA to target California?

Is it that kind of asinine?

1. California is a very large state. If you wanted to work in SF and UCLA & Cornell both gave you the same amount of scholarship, I would choose Cornell 100%.

2. Cornell vs. UCLA is a little different than Cardozo vs. QU.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:00 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
ernie wrote:

The end.

To anyone reading this thread, this is a perfectly accurate summary of my situation. Thank you ESQ Thomas Hagan!

No problem, glad I could spare you from having to type that all out lol

Winter is Coming

Bronze

Postby Winter is Coming » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:00 pm

Ernie (or whoever you are):

1.) I am an admitted Cornell whore, but 2.) if you stalked my post history properly you'd know that guy was looking at the same scholarship (and it was a lot) to Cornell and UCLA and was OK with working NYC and was Biglaw or bust.

But this is coming from a poster who didn't read the first 30 pages of thread and jumps in to offer generic, useless advice that doesn't take into account all the nuances of Ferris that have come out here.

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:09 pm

Best of luck with your life ruining decision Ferris. The only good option is to not go. I hope you come back in 3 years with a success story, but I wont be holding my breath.

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 3:36 pm

You guys, quit it with all the elitism. Ferris doesn't like hearing about elitist things. Like statistics. Or reality.

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Postby Legallylawyer2020 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:17 pm

Just look at this and it tells you pretty much all you need to know. The objective answer is that Cardozo is the better school.

https://www.lstreports.com/compare/cardozo/quinnipiac/

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:23 pm

I really enjoy seeing the posts from people who think that Ferris is actually going to make a rational decision based on evidence. I appreciate the pure innocence of that hope.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:48 pm

QU has a third of the class size, so OP can definitely benefit from the 1 on 1 attention the professors can provide. I support you, Ferris!! Follow your dreams.

poptart123

Silver

Postby poptart123 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:53 pm

I thought yale was the best school for connecticut though?

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:56 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:QU has a third of the class size, so OP can definitely benefit from the 1 on 1 attention the professors can provide. I support you, Ferris!! Follow your dreams.

Well thank you for the positive words! Still have no idea which one I'm choosing though lol.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:57 pm

poptart123 wrote:I thought yale was the best school for connecticut though?

It is. Even most of the most elitist posters on here though can't make that happen though. Regardless Yale tends to place students outside of CT.

beforethelaw

New

Postby beforethelaw » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:46 pm

https://www.reddit.com/r/lawschooladmis ... t_reports/

QU is now down to 45% employment and Cardozo is up to 75%

Cardozo can almost definitely get you a job. QU cannot.

Cardozo can get you a job in Westchester, which is functionally the same as CT. And it can probably get CT as well. QU cannot get you a job.

beforethelaw

New

Postby beforethelaw » Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:48 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:I really enjoy seeing the posts from people who think that Ferris is actually going to make a rational decision based on evidence. I appreciate the pure innocence of that hope.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L99x5y7eA4g

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:31 pm

WL

poptart123

Silver

Postby poptart123 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:34 pm

guybourdin wrote:

WL

OP if you get off the WL the whole calculation changes I think

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:36 pm

poptart123 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

WL

Depends on the https://www.walkscore.com

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:36 pm

poptart123 wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

WL

He was joking. I'm on the WL for W+L and Richmond.

Return to “Choosing a Law School?