QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Ferrisjso

Gold

Re: UCONN v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:55 pm

BigZuck wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:Well seeing that no one gave any advice, I'm done with this thread. I was looking for reasons maybe I should not do QU(the myLSN numbers for QU are inaccurate ABA 509's put them at 50% JD required jobs, not 40% and this doesn't count JD advantage) or do Cardozo instead not a bunch of elitist trolls mocking me. Like I've never gotten why Cavalier and Graded keep coming back. If this page was confined to actual advice and not elitist trolling it'd only be 10 pages probably so stop whining. Again to the handful of helpful posters thank you.

Your insistence on dropping the word "509" at every opportunity has me convinced that you are a shill planted by the ABA. It's insane. No one cares about 509s, and you've probably mentioned them in over 100 posts.

Here's LST, enjoy:
https://www.lstreports.com/schools/quinnipiac/jobs/

I told you to be the best version of yourself you can be. How is that not advice? This thread is 30 pages long, what more were you looking for?

Dude even your source says 50%, WTF were you even talking about before?

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:Well seeing that no one gave any advice, I'm done with this thread. I was looking for reasons maybe I should not do QU(the myLSN numbers for QU are inaccurate ABA 509's put them at 50% JD required jobs, not 40% and this doesn't count JD advantage) or do Cardozo instead not a bunch of elitist trolls mocking me. Like I've never gotten why Cavalier and Graded keep coming back. If this page was confined to actual advice and not elitist trolling it'd only be 10 pages probably so stop whining. Again to the handful of helpful posters thank you.

We literally spent 30 pages telling you to go to Cardozo or don't go to law school/reapply/retake/rethink your goals/mature the hell up/learn how to drive/anything else. You decided to ignore 30 pages of actual advice and kept posting, hoping that somebody will tell you what you want to hear. Okay, so I'll give you what you want:

Just go to QU. I'm sure SOMEBODY has to go there and you seem like the perfect candidate. Comprehending basic advice on an online forum seems like second-nature for you so I'm sure you'll do perfectly fine in law school. Best of luck!

Also, hey! You have a 1000 posts now so can get the fancy banner when you post on the TLS Destinations thread!

To say I've ignored everything on here isn't fair and just isn't true. I was deterred from going to UCONN because the employment prospects were only 10% better than QU and I'd be paying 2-3 times as much.

Where's this TLS destinations thread you all are talking about?

I just don't get why you couldn't take the same advice that deterred you from UCONN and applied it to QU, which is an expontentially worse school in terms of job prospects....like why do we have to go through the entire spiel every single time a new school randomly pops into your list (ie, Widener).

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=276168

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:58 pm

Ferris please reply to my last post. I want to you rationally respond to it, with reasoned analysis. Might as well practice your law school exam skills early.

UVA2B

Gold

Postby UVA2B » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:00 pm

There is a non-zero chance ferrisjso resorts to murdering classmates because he thinks that will improve his 50% chance of getting a legal job following graduation.

(I know this is just elitist trolling, but I stopped taking you seriously a long time ago, so this is purely for fun at this point)

pancakes3

Platinum

Postby pancakes3 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:01 pm

idiot. 50% JD employment includes "short term" and "part time" employment like doc review. discounting those gigs, only 40% of the employed JDs were in long term, full time jobs.

BigZuck

Diamond

Postby BigZuck » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:02 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

Your insistence on dropping the word "509" at every opportunity has me convinced that you are a shill planted by the ABA. It's insane. No one cares about 509s, and you've probably mentioned them in over 100 posts.

Here's LST, enjoy:
https://www.lstreports.com/schools/quinnipiac/jobs/

I told you to be the best version of yourself you can be. How is that not advice? This thread is 30 pages long, what more were you looking for?

Dude even your source says 50%, WTF were you even talking about before?

Me? I never said anything about their employment score. You must be thinking of someone else.

I don't think there's a particularly meaningful difference between 40% and 50% though. That's just different degrees of bad.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:04 pm

just, fyi, I said last 5 years, not last year (which was 50.4% ft/lt jd req). I just pulled the aba employment reports (NOT 509s, those don't mention jobs...) and there were 658 grads, of which 264 had full time, long term JD req employment. that's 40.1%. 2 of those years were just under 35%! whoabad. If you include JD advantage, it goes up to 61%.

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:06 pm

grades?? wrote:

I have never been an elitist troll mocking you. I am giving you my subjective opinion based on the evidence and my reasoning ability. To think otherwise is your prejudices talking.

Even if QU is 50%, thats a fucking coin flip for a legal job. Given that you haven't had academic success before, I can reasonably assume you wont have great success in law school- leading to the conclusion you will at least be likely to be at median if not below. Given that, you are likely looking at graduating without a chance for a legal job, ever. Given this assessment, that is a HUGE REASON WHY you shouldn't go to QU. You can't just ignore it like you are trying to now. I hope you just look at the reasons before its too late.

If that is cool with you given the debt you are taking on, that will only affect your life, not mine. I have come here in an honest attempt to show you how unreasonable and irrational you have been and continue to be. That isn't elitism.

Still waiting for you to reply to this Ferris.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:10 pm

grades?? wrote:
grades?? wrote:

I have never been an elitist troll mocking you. I am giving you my subjective opinion based on the evidence and my reasoning ability. To think otherwise is your prejudices talking.

Even if QU is 50%, thats a fucking coin flip for a legal job. Given that you haven't had academic success before, I can reasonably assume you wont have great success in law school- leading to the conclusion you will at least be likely to be at median if not below. Given that, you are likely looking at graduating without a chance for a legal job, ever. Given this assessment, that is a HUGE REASON WHY you shouldn't go to QU. You can't just ignore it like you are trying to now. I hope you just look at the reasons before its too late.

If that is cool with you given the debt you are taking on, that will only affect your life, not mine. I have come here in an honest attempt to show you how unreasonable and irrational you have been and continue to be. That isn't elitism.

Well I have had academic success before so that's just not true. I have a 3.5, so that basis of assuming that is flawed IMO. You didn't ask me a question though.

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:15 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
grades?? wrote:
grades?? wrote:

Well I have had academic success before so that's just not true. I have a 3.5, so that basis of assuming that is flawed IMO. You didn't ask me a question though.

What are you going to do when you don't get a full time legal job from QU?

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:19 pm

grades?? wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
grades?? wrote:
grades?? wrote:

If Cardozo gives me a better chance of being a lawyer in CT, then I'm going to do it, but I don't think it does.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:20 pm

grades?? wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
grades?? wrote:
grades?? wrote:

Probably come back and blame elitism

ernie

Bronze

Postby ernie » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:25 pm

Wow, this is a super long thread. :shock:

OP, what schools are you choosing between? It's between QU and Cardozo I'm assuming from the past couple of pages? What are your goals? Do you know your cost of attendance at each of the schools you're considering?

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm

ernie wrote:Wow, this is a super long thread. :shock:

OP, what schools are you choosing between? It's between QU and Cardozo I'm assuming from the past couple of pages? What are your goals? Do you know your cost of attendance at each of the schools you're considering?

dude........................................

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:27 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
grades?? wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
grades?? wrote:
grades?? wrote:

If Cardozo gives me a better chance of being a lawyer in CT, then I'm going to do it, but I don't think it does.

You didn't answer my question. What will you do if you don't get a full time legal job from QU? Answer the question.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:29 pm

ernie wrote:Wow, this is a super long thread. :shock:

Yes it's Cardozo and QU. QU is about 70k(from 509 COL estimates) and Cardozo is about 110k(I rounded everything up to account for interest/tuition increases). My goal is to practice law and one day run for public office. Right now my main concern is that Cardozo has better employment stats but I want to work in CT and whatever school puts me in a better position to do that, I want to go to. Cardozo's also more money.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:30 pm

grades?? wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
grades?? wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
grades?? wrote:
grades?? wrote:

You didn't answer my question. What will you do if you don't get a full time legal job from QU? Answer the question.

Well it's a stupid question, why would I assume I wouldn't get legal employment? I think the obvious answer is get a job in something else, but why would anyone assume that right of the bat? Right now what matters to me is if Cardozo's better employment stats give me a better chance to get into CT or not.

lymenheimer

Gold

Postby lymenheimer » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:33 pm

TIL 110k = 2 (or 3) x 70k

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:33 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
Well it's a stupid question, why would I assume I wouldn't get legal employment? I think the obvious answer is get a job in something else, but why would anyone assume that right of the bat? Right now what matters to me is if Cardozo's better employment stats give me a better chance to get into CT or not.

Are you high? Its not a stupid question when half of the QU class doesn't get a legal job, ever. It is just an equally strong assumption than you assuming you would get a job (if not more so if QU is at 40%, not 50%). Either way, you cannot assume you would get a legal job from QU because it is at least equally likely that you wont get one. So again, answer my question instead of deflecting.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:36 pm

grades?? wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:

Are you high? Its not a stupid question when half of the QU class doesn't get a legal job, ever. It is just an equally strong assumption than you assuming you would get a job (if not more so if QU is at 40%, not 50%). Either way, you cannot assume you would get a legal job from QU because it is at least equally likely that you wont get one. So again, answer my question instead of deflecting.

I'm don't need to deflect. Of course the answer (which should be obvious) is try to get a JD advantage job and pay the debt that way. Still the question I asked is what matters to me while making my decision.

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:39 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
grades?? wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:

I'm don't need to deflect. Of course the answer (which should be obvious) is try to get a JD advantage job and pay the debt that way. Still the question I asked is what matters to me while making my decision.

I don't get how you can assume you will get a legal job from QU. Because the assumption is not true. You are equally likely to get a legal from QU as you are not get a legal job.

The point is surely you can't think its a good idea to go into that type of position with debt? When you can't even at the start say you are more likely than not to even find legal employment? That is a non-rational position to be in. And surely you are rational?

ernie

Bronze

Postby ernie » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:41 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:Yes it's Cardozo and QU. QU is about 70k(from 509 COL estimates) and Cardozo is about 110k(I rounded everything up to account for interest/tuition increases). My goal is to practice law and one day run for public office. Right now my main concern is that Cardozo has better employment stats but I want to work in CT and whatever school puts me in a better position to do that, I want to go to. Cardozo's also more money.

Hmm. So, I'm not going to advocate for one over the other, but I will give you something to consider: if you want to target a specific geographical area, it's not just the school that matters—your existing ties matter too. If you're from CT originally, no employer in Stamford is going to question your commitment to staying in the area just because you went to law school in New York.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:44 pm

ernie wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:Yes it's Cardozo and QU. QU is about 70k(from 509 COL estimates) and Cardozo is about 110k(I rounded everything up to account for interest/tuition increases). My goal is to practice law and one day run for public office. Right now my main concern is that Cardozo has better employment stats but I want to work in CT and whatever school puts me in a better position to do that, I want to go to. Cardozo's also more money.

Hmm. So, I'm not going to advocate for one over the other, but I will give you something to consider: if you want to target a specific geographical area, it's not just the school that matters—your existing ties matter too. If you're from CT originally, no employer in Stamford is going to question your commitment to staying in the area just because you went to law school in New York.

I am from NY but went to UG in CT.

Legallylawyer2020

Bronze

Postby Legallylawyer2020 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:44 pm

I genuinely believe that Cardozo would get you legal employment in CT/Westchester/upstate NY better than QU would.

Most people going to Cardozo want NYC. The percentage of people graduating from any school wanting to get a legal job in CT is small (most people want NY, DC, LA/west coast, Boston, Chicago etc) and while I don't have hard numbers or facts to support this, I honestly believe Cardozo's overall better reputation would put you ahead of QU in terms of finding a legal job in CT if you network and look for connections/internships/summer jobs in CT during school.

Cardozo is more than worth the extra debt considering you'd be getting a degree from a decently strong/well regarded (in NYC at least) tier 2 school as opposed to a low tier 3 school (QU).

Legal employment from QU is a 50/50 shot which is not worth paying 70K for. Cardozo has objectively superior employment stats, you would be able to find much more interesting/better internships/externships/clinic experiences at Cardozo due to being in NYC. There's a lot of public interest and potentially political jobs you could find from NYC for summer work etc.

The TL;DR is that no one can predict where they'll land on the curve at law school because it's a set curve meaning only a small percentage of each class can get an A, B, C etc. the differences between A exams and B exams is sometimes a point. You need to choose the school that gives you the best shot at finding a job if you graduate from median.

Gitaroo_Dude

Silver

Postby Gitaroo_Dude » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:45 pm

Hey man,

I just want to implore you to not attend QU. It is an objectively bad law school. Any school that is unable to regularly place 50% of its grads into long-term JD required jobs is not a school worth attending even for free.

Take a year off. You seemed to be okay not pursuing law school a few pages back. Please take some time to work either in VA or CT, build up some life experience, then pursue law school. It's the best decision for you. Or like the poster above me said, go to Cardozo and just do your summer work in CT and network your ass off to get there. QU is just.... it's baaaaaaad.
Last edited by Gitaroo_Dude on Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Choosing a Law School?