QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Ferrisjso

Gold

Re: UCONN v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:50 am

Ok my last day to make a decision. Im torn between QU and Dozo but i have to say im leaning heavily towards QU at this point. I will take on less debt, i will be placed into CT and I have walker friendly housing available in the event i cant learn to drive(im going to try this summer). I know alot of you dont like QU which is why i wanted to give the serious people on here a chance to tell me im wrong.

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:56 am

There are literally 30 pages of people telling you that you are wrong about Q. You really should just not go.

beforethelaw

New

Postby beforethelaw » Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:56 am

Ferrisjso wrote:Ok my last day to make a decision. Im torn between QU and Dozo but i have to say im leaning heavily towards QU at this point. I will take on less debt, i will be placed into CT and I have walker friendly housing available in the event i cant learn to drive(im going to try this summer). I know alot of you dont like QU which is why i wanted to give the serious people on here a chance to tell me im wrong.

Jobs.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:02 am

Ferrisjso wrote:Ok my last day to make a decision. Im torn between QU and Dozo but i have to say im leaning heavily towards QU at this point. I will take on less debt, i will be placed into CT and I have walker friendly housing available in the event i cant learn to drive(im going to try this summer). I know alot of you dont like QU which is why i wanted to give the serious people on here a chance to tell me im wrong.

LOLs. You seem to have a short-term memory.

Ferris, just go to QU. It seems like youre either trolling or are just posting for the attention. Good luck!

BigZuck

Diamond

Postby BigZuck » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:10 am

I think mostly people don't like wasting three years and tens of thousands of dollars. It's not necessarily anything personal toward QU.

Do what you want dude, life is short and you only live once so go be the best version of yourself that you can be.

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:19 am

Ferrisjso wrote:I know alot of you dont like QU

this is such a demented way to phrase how we feel about QU that I honestly think you need help. Over the last 5 years QU has an average 40% LST employment rating. We don't dislike QU, we think you will fail there. You will walk out with 50, 60, 70k in debt, NO job, no direction, no ability to think for yourself (because you can't now and you won't learn in law school). We don't want you to be in that position!! that's all. I'm going to try to not open this thread anymore, though. good luck or whatever

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:21 am

when you make your decision, please do post it in the destinations thread, though!

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:23 am

guybourdin wrote:when you make your decision, please do post it in the destinations thread, though!

+137

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:29 am

jjcorvino wrote:
guybourdin wrote:when you make your decision, please do post it in the destinations thread, though!

+137

Ferrisjso - West Hartford Driving School '17

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:50 am

As opposed to all the people who have been joking about QU having shit job prospects?

I know you think "serious people" equates to "people who agree with my boneheaded decisions at every turn", but I promise that literally everyone in this thread (and others) has been looking out for your interests better than you have. If anyone wanted a solid argument for why the "nanny state" might not be so bad, you'd be a perfect example for them to trot out.

UVA2B

Gold

Postby UVA2B » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:53 am

Predicting a ferrisjso "choosing electives at QU" thread T-1 year away in the forum for law students that runs a minimum of 100 pages

Stylnator

Silver

Postby Stylnator » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:55 am

just for clarification purposes, how come you've ruled out not going to law school?

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:05 pm

This thread keeps delivering.

mjb447

Silver

Postby mjb447 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:14 pm

UVA2B wrote:Predicting a ferrisjso "choosing electives at QU" thread T-1 year away in the forum for law students that runs a minimum of 100 pages

With <5% of those pages being on the original topic.

UVA2B

Gold

Postby UVA2B » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:17 pm

mjb447 wrote:
UVA2B wrote:Predicting a ferrisjso "choosing electives at QU" thread T-1 year away in the forum for law students that runs a minimum of 100 pages

With <5% of those pages being on the original topic.

Statistical rounding conventions since it'll actually be 0.01% and ferrisjso will still end up taking Bird Law in the Northeast and Corporate Tax in preparation for the Hartford Biglaw SA coming up the next summer.

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:17 pm

Shakawkaw wrote:This thread keeps delivering.

+140

dbalkaran

Silver

Postby dbalkaran » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:21 pm

It's like watching a crash. It's horrible, but you can't look away.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:24 pm

dbalkaran wrote:It's like watching a crash. It's horrible, but you can't look away.

:lol: :lol:

but really though..

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:40 pm

Ferris, I know you are going to pick QU. It is an objectively bad decision. But I know you wont listen to us. I hope you the best with your life, but please realize the monumental mistake you will be making. As long as you acknowledge that you are likely to never work as a lawyer, make a good salary, and live in debt for a long time, then go ahead. But you ought to be able to say these things having reasoned about them before making this decision.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:41 pm

Well seeing that no one gave any advice, I'm done with this thread. I was looking for reasons maybe I should not do QU(the myLSN numbers for QU are inaccurate ABA 509's put them at 50% JD required jobs, not 40% and this doesn't count JD advantage) or do Cardozo instead not a bunch of elitist trolls mocking me. Like I've never gotten why Cavalier and Graded keep coming back. If this page was confined to actual advice and not elitist trolling it'd only be 10 pages probably so stop whining. Again to the handful of helpful posters thank you.

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:45 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:Well seeing that no one gave any advice, I'm done with this thread. I was looking for reasons maybe I should not do QU(the myLSN numbers for QU are inaccurate ABA 509's put them at 50% JD required jobs, not 40% and this doesn't count JD advantage) or do Cardozo instead not a bunch of elitist trolls mocking me. Like I've never gotten why Cavalier and Graded keep coming back. If this page was confined to actual advice and not elitist trolling it'd only be 10 pages probably so stop whining. Again to the handful of helpful posters thank you.

I have never been an elitist troll mocking you. I am giving you my subjective opinion based on the evidence and my reasoning ability. To think otherwise is your prejudices talking.

Even if QU is 50%, thats a fucking coin flip for a legal job. Given that you haven't had academic success before, I can reasonably assume you wont have great success in law school- leading to the conclusion you will at least be likely to be at median if not below. Given that, you are likely looking at graduating without a chance for a legal job, ever. Given this assessment, that is a HUGE REASON WHY you shouldn't go to QU. You can't just ignore it like you are trying to now. I hope you just look at the reasons before its too late.

If that is cool with you given the debt you are taking on, that will only affect your life, not mine. I have come here in an honest attempt to show you how unreasonable and irrational you have been and continue to be. That isn't elitism.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:48 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:Well seeing that no one gave any advice, I'm done with this thread. I was looking for reasons maybe I should not do QU(the myLSN numbers for QU are inaccurate ABA 509's put them at 50% JD required jobs, not 40% and this doesn't count JD advantage) or do Cardozo instead not a bunch of elitist trolls mocking me. Like I've never gotten why Cavalier and Graded keep coming back. If this page was confined to actual advice and not elitist trolling it'd only be 10 pages probably so stop whining. Again to the handful of helpful posters thank you.

We literally spent 30 pages telling you to go to Cardozo or don't go to law school/reapply/retake/rethink your goals/mature the hell up/learn how to drive/anything else. You decided to ignore 30 pages of actual advice and kept posting, hoping that somebody will tell you what you want to hear. Okay, so I'll give you what you want:

Just go to QU. I'm sure SOMEBODY has to go there and you seem like the perfect candidate. Comprehending basic advice on an online forum seems like second-nature for you so I'm sure you'll do perfectly fine in law school. Best of luck!

Also, hey! You have a 1000 posts now so can get the fancy banner when you post on the TLS Destinations thread!

Mikey

Platinum

Postby Mikey » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:52 pm

you've gotten plenty of advice, you just choose to view it as something different

BigZuck

Diamond

Postby BigZuck » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:53 pm

Your insistence on dropping the word "509" at every opportunity has me convinced that you are a shill planted by the ABA. It's insane. No one cares about 509s, and you've probably mentioned them in over 100 posts.

Here's LST, enjoy:
https://www.lstreports.com/schools/quinnipiac/jobs/

I told you to be the best version of yourself you can be. How is that not advice? This thread is 30 pages long, what more were you looking for?

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Thu Apr 13, 2017 12:54 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:

We literally spent 30 pages telling you to go to Cardozo or don't go to law school/reapply/retake/rethink your goals/mature the hell up/learn how to drive/anything else. You decided to ignore 30 pages of actual advice and kept posting, hoping that somebody will tell you what you want to hear. Okay, so I'll give you what you want:

Just go to QU. I'm sure SOMEBODY has to go there and you seem like the perfect candidate. Comprehending basic advice on an online forum seems like second-nature for you so I'm sure you'll do perfectly fine in law school. Best of luck!

Also, hey! You have a 1000 posts now so can get the fancy banner when you post on the TLS Destinations thread!

To say I've ignored everything on here isn't fair and just isn't true. I was deterred from going to UCONN because the employment prospects were only 10% better than QU and I'd be paying 2-3 times as much.

Where's this TLS destinations thread you all are talking about?

Return to “Choosing a Law School?