QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cavalier1138

Gold

Re: UCONN v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:49 am

Holy shit, are we seriously debating the "path to office" now? None of these are viable paths. Chase your dreams, and all that, but this isn't a fucking career plan.

Ferris, you were so damn close to making a good decision. Don't give up now.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:52 pm

Leaning towards Dozo and attempting to get employment in CT from there. How difficult is it to crack other states from regional schools?

Pragmatic Gun

Silver

Postby Pragmatic Gun » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:57 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:Leaning towards Dozo and attempting to get employment in CT from there. How difficult is it to crack other states from regional schools?

:roll:

pancakes3

Platinum

Postby pancakes3 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:03 pm

i know i'd trust this guy to be my congressman.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:05 pm

Pragmatic Gun wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:Leaning towards Dozo and attempting to get employment in CT from there. How difficult is it to crack other states from regional schools?

:roll:

I'm pretty sure a Starbucks in Connecticut doesn't care if you went to law school in NY, CT, CA, or even China.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:08 pm

I know it's difficult don't get me wrong. The how difficult part is the issue here because Cardozo's the best choice financially and I want to live in CT why not try to balance it?

mjb447

Silver

Postby mjb447 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:09 pm

pancakes3 wrote:i know i'd trust this guy to be my congressman.

He'd make sure that his district had fully funded public transportation, though.

Pragmatic Gun

Silver

Postby Pragmatic Gun » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:12 pm

mjb447 wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:i know i'd trust this guy to be my congressman.

He'd make sure that his district had fully funded public transportation, though.

:lol:

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:16 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:I know it's difficult don't get me wrong. The how difficult part is the issue here because Cardozo's the best choice financially and I want to live in CT why not try to balance it?

it's a serious uphill battle. I wouldn't say its impossible, but I 100% believe you would be more likely to be employed in CT by the end of 2021 if you retook and went to UCONN. That is, you could end up unemployed for over a year if you go to Dozo and gun for CT.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:26 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:I know it's difficult don't get me wrong. The how difficult part is the issue here because Cardozo's the best choice financially and I want to live in CT why not try to balance it?

Are you going to be unhappy in NYC though?

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:26 pm

guybourdin wrote:

it's a serious uphill battle. I wouldn't say its impossible, but I 100% believe you would be more likely to be employed in CT by the end of 2021 if you retook and went to UCONN. That is, you could end up unemployed for over a year if you go to Dozo and gun for CT.

Take this with a grain of salt due to self-selection but here's Cardozo's ABA employment stats, just to show give you a picture of how hard it is.

For 2015 Cardozo grades, the top 3 states looked like this.

1. New York - 255
2. New Jersey - 26
3. Florida - 4

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:27 pm

Rigo wrote:

Are you going to be unhappy in NYC though?

That's quite enough.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:30 pm

I don't think the dude should go somewhere he hates and wouldn't be happy at. :?

He did cross Cardozo off the list for quality of life reasons, after all.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:32 pm

Rigo wrote:I don't think the dude should go somewhere he hates and wouldn't be happy at. :?

No, I say that because:

We've already established that Ferris hates NYC and doesn't want to be here at all.
Problem is that his best option by far is Dozo yet he really wants to live/work in CT.
His only CT options are Quinnipiac and UConn

Pragmatic Gun

Silver

Postby Pragmatic Gun » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:36 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
Rigo wrote:I don't think the dude should go somewhere he hates and wouldn't be happy at. :?

No, I say that because:

We've already established that Ferris hates NYC and doesn't want to be here at all.
Problem is that his best option by far is Dozo yet he really wants to live/work in CT.

He apparently wants to get far away from his family and friends.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:44 pm

Pragmatic Gun wrote:

No, I say that because:

He apparently wants to get far away from his family and friends.

I know this was kind of answered before, but I still don't even get why Ferris even applied to Dozo if NYC was that insufferable...seeing how he would rather dip to the triple digit rankings AND cut his employment rate in half rather than go to Cardozo on a half-ride scholarship.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:49 pm

Yeah I think ferris is very misguided in his affinity for CT and he doesn't have a real plan for a legal career or to address his transportation issues. I do not think he should go to law school at all. That being said, his dislike of NYC is the main reason that he's flailing about and considering subpar options so he won't have to return to NYC even though Cardozo is the more affordable (without sacrificing outcomes) option and would allow him to forgo learning to drive and getting a car.

I don't think ferris is going to get his desired outcome from any law school because bottom line he doesn't want to be a lawyer and is using law school as nothing more than a way to put off the struggles of adulthood and as a perceived stepping stone into politics.

Not going to UConn shouldn't mean going to Cardozo, it should mean not going to law school at all in the fall.

Im rooting for you ferris, but I think you lack the necessary maturity and wisdom to go to law school. You should take a step back and not go instead of trying to determine which is the least bad of bad options.

pancakes3

Platinum

Postby pancakes3 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:56 pm

guybourdin wrote:

Take this with a grain of salt due to self-selection but here's Cardozo's ABA employment stats, just to show give you a picture of how hard it is.

For 2015 Cardozo grades, the top 3 states looked like this.

1. New York - 255
2. New Jersey - 26
3. Florida - 4

this shit took like 5 seconds to find. ferris should be able to find it, even as a 0L. he's either not willing or not able to find this stuff out and not willing or not able to understand the advice given.

let the dude dig his own debt-grave guys.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:57 pm

I hate that this probably feels like a gang up but it is all coming from us not wanting applicants to make bad choices. Some people may be a bit abrasive in their delivery but I think we all want what's best for you.

Npret

Silver

Postby Npret » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:02 pm

Why don't you just get a job in Connecticut and move?

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Postby BlendedUnicorn » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:05 pm

Rigo wrote:Yeah I think ferris is very misguided in his affinity for CT and he doesn't have a real plan for a legal career or to address his transportation issues. I do not think he should go to law school at all. That being said, his dislike of NYC is the main reason that he's flailing about and considering subpar options so he won't have to return to NYC even though Cardozo is the more affordable (without sacrificing outcomes) option and would allow him to forgo learning to drive and getting a car.

I don't think ferris is going to get his desired outcome from any law school because bottom line he doesn't want to be a lawyer and is using law school as nothing more than a way to put off the struggles of adulthood and as a perceived stepping stone into politics.

Not going to UConn shouldn't mean going to Cardozo, it should mean not going to law school at all in the fall.

Im rooting for you ferris, but I think you lack the necessary maturity and wisdom to go to law school. You should take a step back and not go instead of trying to determine which is the least bad of bad options.

+1 I'm just jumping into this thread to tag it and noting that the bolded is a low bar.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:05 pm

Rigo wrote:Yeah I think ferris is very misguided in his affinity for CT and he doesn't have a real plan for a legal career or to address his transportation issues. I do not think he should go to law school at all. That being said, his dislike of NYC is the main reason that he's flailing about and considering subpar options so he won't have to return to NYC even though Cardozo is the more affordable (without sacrificing outcomes) option and would allow him to forgo learning to drive and getting a car.

This is exactly what we've been saying until page 20, when everyone kind of gave up.

Like I said, it's Fifty First Dates but if Drew Barrymore never figured shit out every single day.

Pragmatic Gun

Silver

Postby Pragmatic Gun » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:16 pm

The dude is confused. I don't think he should go to law school until he has a well-thought out Plan A and Plan B and Plan C.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:17 pm

This is exactly what we've been saying until page 20, when everyone kind of gave up.

Like I said, it's Fifty First Dates but if Drew Barrymore never figured shit out every single day.

Let me just write my own lil recap of the 20 pages, mannnn.
I just don't think the course correction for 20 pages of NOT UCONN should be Cardozo if he's clearly going to be miserable. I'd probably vote going to UConn with a positive and hopeful attitude than going to Cardozo dejected.

I just feel uneasy about all of this in general so add an implied :? to all my posts ITT.

Pragmatic Gun

Silver

Postby Pragmatic Gun » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:20 pm

I am still surprised that this thread got to be so long.

Return to “Choosing a Law School?