QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Ferrisjso

Gold

Re: UCONN v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby Ferrisjso » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:00 pm

shadowfax wrote:Against the odds that this is real.

If possible speak to Dean DeMeola at UConn Law about your concerns. I don't think there is a nicer person on the planet.

Maybe I will thank you. This thread has went on rather long and while I appreciate people might care enough about me for my thread to generate over 400 comments, I understand that this probably is too much lol. For those who gave productive advice, I feel like you have given me enough info to make an informed decision(even if it is objectively wrong), thank you! While I could post updates and stuff, I already think I have a good idea of what TLS's responses to these updates would be (whether it be more scholly money or getting off a WL) and continuing the thread seems to serve little other purpose than to give the trolls and haters a venue and excuse to trash me. I will not be updating the thread anymore and aside from the political threads which are pretty fun, I will probably rarely post at all(unless there's a choices thread where someone is really being misled/bullied). Thanks again to the people who genuinely care!
Last edited by Ferrisjso on Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
shadowfax wrote:
grades?? wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:
star fox wrote:Why is this thread 17 pages? Is it worth reading or is it just Ferrisjo needing (and receiving) attention?

The motion that was seconded was that you just leave this website. Stop this thread and stop giving advice in any other threads. We will stop pestering you if you just leave.

A seconded motion just leads to a vote. It is not in and of itself dispositive.

Poll?

a poll on ferris' thread to ban ferris.

fwiw, I vote against banning him, but would like some tag on all his terrible advice posts so 0Ls coming here for the first time will get a heads up.

The condescension is unbelievable. The whole reason i started giving advice because alot of what the consensus was advising was advice that wasn't right for them. My voice is needed to on here to counter all the elitism. I'm not taking any of your Model UN talk seriously you're a joke, my goal with giving advice is to let people understand the bubble some of the posters here are in, and to actually answer questions rather than asking for stats irrelevant to the question so you could tell people to retake.

We have been over this before. The problem with your statement is that your advice is just shitty and harmful. Thats why we want you to leave. If you f*&^ up your own life, great. But doing it with bad advice to others in unforgivable and thats why I will continue to harp on you until you leave this community. Go screw your own life up, but stop it for others.

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:01 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:The condescension is unbelievable. The whole reason i started giving advice because alot of what the consensus was advising was advice that wasn't right for them. My voice is needed to on here to counter all the elitism. I'm not taking any of your Model UN talk seriously you're a joke, my goal with giving advice is to let people understand the bubble some of the posters here are in, and to actually answer questions rather than asking for stats irrelevant to the question so you could tell people to retake.

Have you ever considered that it's entirely possible, maybe even likely, that when everyone disagrees with you, you might just be wrong?

The only "bubble" I've ever seen in your posts is the one you live in, where hard work and moxie somehow make up for an oversaturated legal market and six figures of debt from a terrible school. Of course, now we've gotten to see the weird "political ambitions are only achievable with a JD, and law is my fall back option" bubble. So who knows what comes next?

Seriously, seek help. You're only hurting yourself with this decision.

lymenheimer

Gold

Postby lymenheimer » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:01 pm

(Is focused on getting a political seat, doesn't realize it's not just the UN that makes motions, seconds, and votes on said motions)

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:03 pm

lymenheimer wrote:(Is focused on getting a political seat, doesn't realize it's not just the UN that makes motions, seconds, and votes on said motions)

Robert's Rules of What?

Nebby

Diamond

Postby Nebby » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:04 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:The condescension is unbelievable. The whole reason i started giving advice because alot of what the consensus was advising was advice that wasn't right for them. My voice is needed to on here to counter all the elitism. I'm not taking any of your Model UN talk seriously you're a joke, my goal with giving advice is to let people understand the bubble some of the posters here are in, and to actually answer questions rather than asking for stats irrelevant to the question so you could tell people to retake. That said If I stop posting on the thread it goes without saying I won't be spending much time if any on here, but it just irritates me you're so eager to get rid of someone who doesn't agree with the elitist "consensus".

Do you really think it is "elitism" that is causing everyone to give the advice they give?

I think it is the fact that: (1) the school's you are looking at have subpar employment outcomes; (2) you will be debt financing it; and (3) it is a general consensus that one should minimize debt when attending a school with subpar employment outcomes. That is why people are recommending Cardozo, because it has the best balance between employment outcomes and debt upon graduation in your situation.

mjb447

Silver

Postby mjb447 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:07 pm

Ferris has some naïve ideas that are probably going to get him into trouble, but every time he expresses a naïve idea he gets shot down a dozen times over and people generally take that opportunity to reiterate the things one should consider when choosing a law school. I doubt that anyone who reads anything else on TLS, or writes his/her own chance me/choosing a law school thread, or engages in a modicum of critical thinking is going to be misled by what he posts. I'd vote no, if that were even how it worked, and some of the commentary here is obnoxious and seems pretty far removed from anything actually related to law school admissions.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:09 pm

Nebby wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:The condescension is unbelievable. The whole reason i started giving advice because alot of what the consensus was advising was advice that wasn't right for them. My voice is needed to on here to counter all the elitism. I'm not taking any of your Model UN talk seriously you're a joke, my goal with giving advice is to let people understand the bubble some of the posters here are in, and to actually answer questions rather than asking for stats irrelevant to the question so you could tell people to retake. That said If I stop posting on the thread it goes without saying I won't be spending much time if any on here, but it just irritates me you're so eager to get rid of someone who doesn't agree with the elitist "consensus".

Do you really think it is "elitism" that is causing everyone to give the advice they give?

I think it is the fact that: (1) the school's you are looking at have subpar employment outcomes; (2) you will be debt financing it; and (3) it is a general consensus that one should minimize debt when attending a school with subpar employment outcomes. That is why people are recommending Cardozo, because it has the best balance between employment outcomes and debt upon graduation in your situation.

I was referring to other advice threads more than this one. Anyway I'm done here, just wanted to let you know the context of that statement!

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:11 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:
Nebby wrote:

I was referring to other advice threads more than this one. Anyway I'm done here, just wanted to let you know the context of that statement!

Great, now please never return to TLS

guynourmin

Gold

Postby guynourmin » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:36 pm

grades?? wrote:Great, now please never return to TLS

1 yr update thread would be great, though. Hope I catch it

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:37 pm

Okay can we get your final decision in a couple months at least?
Some of us are invested in this drama now.

snw2367

New

Postby snw2367 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:39 pm

Rigo wrote:Okay can we get your final decision in a couple months at least?
Some of us are invested in this drama now.

I like this thread becuase TLS is one of the few websites my office doesn't block. (Even Gmail is not okay)

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:46 pm

guybourdin wrote:

Alright I concede I would want to know in 6 months/1 year, etc how this turned out. You can return to give us updates, but until then, good luck with your life.

Ferrisjso

Gold

Postby Ferrisjso » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:50 pm

grades?? wrote:
guybourdin wrote:

Alright I concede I would want to know in 6 months/1 year, etc how this turned out. You can return to give us updates, but until then, good luck with your life.

You don't get to tell me what to do. I'm leaving because I'm tired of this, not because you or Cavalier dictated to me when to go. If you keep going with this BS I will stick around solely out of spite. To the other posters, I might post an update either after my decision, or after my 1L grades, not sure when.

poptart123

Silver

Postby poptart123 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:54 pm

Also give us an update about your dad's gentlemen's club chef job in a year. Curious minds here.

star fox

Diamond

Postby star fox » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:08 pm

My honest advice would be to not go to law school right now. You're a soon to be graduating college senior. Law School isn't going anywhere. Find a job doing something you think you may enjoy (maybe something in politics). Let your earliest LSAT expire (2 year lapse) and then if you're still feeling law school at the time give it another go (with lots and lots of prep) to try and get a full ride somewhere.

If you're gonna go, then just go. Clearly nothing said in 18 pages of thread is gonna change your mind. If you want to go to UConn or wherever, cool, good luck. I don't buy into the "sky is falling" mentality, so I think you'll be ok, although I think it'd still be better to go with a full ride, and that in general, there should be no need to rush into law school. Most people that go these days aren't K-JD so I don't know why you feel like you gotta go right now. It might help to get some perspective by doing something else for a little.

Stylnator

Silver

Postby Stylnator » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:12 pm

Best of luck Ferris. Maybe we'll meet at UConn and I'll let you know who I am.

shadowfax

Bronze

Postby shadowfax » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:07 pm

poptart123 wrote:Also give us an update about your dad's gentlemen's club chef job in a year. Curious minds here.

I don't think it has anything to do with chef jobs or the op at all but having driven by Hartford many times on the way to and from Cambridge there are in fact many Gentlemen's Clubs just to the east of Hartford. Huge highway advertising signs on I 84. Kind of tacky.

BigZuck

Diamond

Postby BigZuck » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:30 pm

For someone whose perception of Connecticut was entirely formed by Gilmore Girls this thread is very depressing.

mjb447

Silver

Postby mjb447 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:33 pm

BigZuck wrote:For someone whose perception of Connecticut was entirely formed by Gilmore Girls this thread is very depressing.

I think Stars Hollow is its own unique entity.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:33 pm

BigZuck wrote:For someone whose perception of Connecticut was entirely formed by Gilmore Girls this thread is very depressing.

:lol:

shadowfax

Bronze

Postby shadowfax » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:55 pm

Worry not the Gold Coast is alive and well. Hedge fund capital of the world. Dump the Gilmore Girls and start watching Showtime's Billions.

Lots of lawyers in the show as well. Could be considered educational.

Stylnator

Silver

Postby Stylnator » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:21 pm

Fear not, I assure you well-off white women have a marvelous time in CT!

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:19 pm

Ferrisjso wrote:You don't get to tell me what to do. I'm leaving because I'm tired of this, not because you or Cavalier dictated to me when to go.

Please find the point in the thread where I told you to leave the site.

Just because I think you're making the world's most idiotic decision doesn't mean I told you to leave. I told you to not go to law school right now, and I would hope that literally everyone and their mother telling you the same thing would have some effect. Clearly, it hasn't.

So I do second the motion for you to come back and tell us how it's going after a while. It would be an excellent cautionary tale.

star fox

Diamond

Postby star fox » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:44 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:You don't get to tell me what to do. I'm leaving because I'm tired of this, not because you or Cavalier dictated to me when to go.

Please find the point in the thread where I told you to leave the site.

Just because I think you're making the world's most idiotic decision doesn't mean I told you to leave. I told you to not go to law school right now, and I would hope that literally everyone and their mother telling you the same thing would have some effect. Clearly, it hasn't.

So I do second the motion for you to come back and tell us how it's going after a while. It would be an excellent cautionary tale.

It's not the world's most idiotic decision. A lot of people pay a lot of money to go to Connecticut Law and schools like that every year. I get it's not some totally kickass, awesome idea, but people survive, things work out for people... even if they don't get one of those totally rad LT/FT Employment Jobs 9 months after graduation or whatever the ABA Data supplies. I think this site could benefit from toning down the hyperbole. A lot of the stuff that was true when we were balls deep in the recession isn't really the case right now. The "Law Grad Working Retail" two years after graduation stuff probably isn't as common as people think. It all comes down to just helping people get informed and maximize their odds of achieving their goals... but sometimes it feels like elitist posturing from a lot of people that goes a bit overboard.

Return to “Choosing a Law School?