QU v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cannibal ox

Gold

Re: UCONN v Cardozo(Ferrisjso's decision)

Postby cannibal ox » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:50 am

I believe this is the preferred picture for the People's College of Law:

[+] Spoiler

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Apr 14, 2017 3:01 am

rcharter1978 wrote:
Pragmatic Gun wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:Ferris- - what is the deadline to make a decision? I just want to know if I should keep checking on this thread. TYIA

23 hours, 40 minutes. If Richmond or W+L give me money off the WL(Richmond might seeing as i'm on the "priority waitlist), this thread could run a little longer, if not that's going to be the end.

Wow, well this thread is v. entertaining so I hope it goes on. I will say that it seems like you take criticism really well or you're immune to it. This would make you a good fit for the certain political arenas

He will make a great member of the PTA board.

Hey, Antonio Villaraigosa, former mayor of Los Angeles, went to the Peoples College of Law. He didn't even bother with the bar exam after the 4th try.

You elitists haven't even heard of this fine institution so let me post a pic of the prestigious campus....

So, Ferris' dreams could all come true

Just want to point out that PCL is located only on the second floor of that building. The luxurious first floor is some immigration law firm lolol

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:44 am

jingosaur wrote:First time poster to this thread. I'm glad to be joining. I read the last 5 pages and I am ready to give you your advice.

Don't go to law school. You care more about what the law should be rather than what the law is, and I don't think that you actually want to practice law. You just want a J.D. on your resume because a lot of politicians have a J.D, so if you get one, you will be well on your way to becoming them. As you may have realized from recent elections, your credentials will not matter as much as you think when seeking public office. Your connections and your rhetoric will matter much more, and that will be developed better by latching onto some local politicians and getting involved in some bigger campaigns when they come along.

Because you will not listen to that, Cardozo is the best option available to you. But you will not get a clerkship. You will do a great job cementing the perception that Cardozo students are gunner strivers and I would be more entertained by your posts if you go there. QU will not get you anywhere. The only QU grad that I am aware of did some divorce settlement show on Bravo, and I doubt you have her figure, so that will not be you.

When considering a TTT, you also have to consider the stress that you will take every step of the way. Grades are unlikely to be good enough, and you already expressed your fears there. You also have to consider that you will definitely not have a job at graduation, and you will take the bar unemployed. You will have to apply to 500+ jobs and will only get a job, if you do get one, after you get bar results back (and only if you pass). You will be in the same spot at Cardozo, but there will be at least a chance that you don't completely crap out.

Inb4 Ferris interprets this post as:

a) elitist
b) influenced by your unbridled love for NYC
c) too negative

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:55 am

cannibal ox wrote:I believe this is the preferred picture for the People's College of Law:

[+] Spoiler

LOL, why is that dude so mad, he is drinking a Perrier! Also, that payphone is being used like all the time, I wonder how many low level drug dealers attend PCOL?

rcharter1978

Gold

Postby rcharter1978 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:56 am

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:
Pragmatic Gun wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:
Ferrisjso wrote:
rcharter1978 wrote:Ferris- - what is the deadline to make a decision? I just want to know if I should keep checking on this thread. TYIA

23 hours, 40 minutes. If Richmond or W+L give me money off the WL(Richmond might seeing as i'm on the "priority waitlist), this thread could run a little longer, if not that's going to be the end.

Wow, well this thread is v. entertaining so I hope it goes on. I will say that it seems like you take criticism really well or you're immune to it. This would make you a good fit for the certain political arenas

He will make a great member of the PTA board.

Hey, Antonio Villaraigosa, former mayor of Los Angeles, went to the Peoples College of Law. He didn't even bother with the bar exam after the 4th try.

You elitists haven't even heard of this fine institution so let me post a pic of the prestigious campus....

So, Ferris' dreams could all come true

Just want to point out that PCL is located only on the second floor of that building. The luxurious first floor is some immigration law firm lolol

LOL, so they don't even get a window?

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Fri Apr 14, 2017 7:34 am

Let's dispel with this fiction that Ferris doesn't know what he is doing. He knows exactly what he is doing.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:13 am

jjcorvino wrote:Let's dispel with this fiction that Ferris doesn't know what he is doing. He knows exactly what he is doing.

:lol: :lol: boy I miss lil ole' Marco

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:15 am

So what did Ferris decide? I imagine it involves ignoring everyone's advice.

jjcorvino

Silver

Postby jjcorvino » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:18 am

grades?? wrote:So what did Ferris decide? I imagine it involves ignoring everyone's advice.

He threw out a last minute app to the people's college of law and is going there at sticker because of it's history of graduating politicians.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:19 am

jjcorvino wrote:
grades?? wrote:So what did Ferris decide? I imagine it involves ignoring everyone's advice.

He threw out a last minute app to the people's college of law and is going there at sticker because of it's history of graduating politicians.

I'm pretty sure PCoL is eliminated from his list because LA is not a walkable city.

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:24 am

jjcorvino wrote:

I have always believed PCOL was a joke. Google has just shown me it isn't.... I think I'm gonna puke

ernie

Bronze

Postby ernie » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:33 am

BigZuck wrote:
ernie wrote:Ooook true, but obviously I'm not going to read 30 pages of an internet forum. Seriously, do y'all have that much time on your hands?

Surely you have enough time to read the first post in any thread you decide to spew into yes?

So I'm assuming the answer to my question is "yes," seeing as how you somehow have managed to accumulate over 11,000 posts on a law school forum. (Reevaluate your life, by the way.)

In any event, the first post isn't clear about whether OP has geographic ties to CT (beyond going to UG there). My advice is valid. If OP has substantial ties to CT, it does not make sense for him to choose QU over Cardozo given his goals.

Nebby

Diamond

Postby Nebby » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:38 am

ernie wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
ernie wrote:Ooook true, but obviously I'm not going to read 30 pages of an internet forum. Seriously, do y'all have that much time on your hands?

Surely you have enough time to read the first post in any thread you decide to spew into yes?

So I'm assuming the answer to my question is "yes," seeing as how you somehow have managed to accumulate over 11,000 posts on a law school forum. (Reevaluate your life, by the way.)

In any event, the first post isn't clear about whether OP has geographic ties to CT (beyond going to UG there). My advice is valid. If OP has substantial ties to CT, it does not make sense for him to choose QU over Cardozo given his goals.

You should reevaluate your life, buddy

lymenheimer

Gold

Postby lymenheimer » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:39 am

ernie wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

I mean...maybe if you had been here for more than 3 days you'd have been a part of this rollercoaster since the start. But there are a lot of people like you who showed up at page 10, 15, 20 repeating things and making it longer. So stick to lurking.

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:41 am

I think Ernie is an OP alt.

grades??

Silver

Postby grades?? » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:45 am

Shakawkaw wrote:I think Ernie is an OP alt.

Or Ernie is Kevin. Kevin please come back.

uion1715

New

Postby uion1715 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:52 am

jjcorvino wrote:

I'm pretty sure PCoL is eliminated from his list because LA is not a walkable city.

LA is "walkable" (There is a subway station by PCOL too), just that you may get shot in the MacArthur Park area if you walk there to get to PCOL.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:58 am

uion1715 wrote:
jjcorvino wrote:

LA is "walkable" (There is a subway station by PCOL too), just that you may get shot in the MacArthur Park area if you walk there to get to PCOL.

The entire area around PCOL legitimately looks like Honduras.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:59 am

Also, if y'all have't checked this out already...highly recommend.

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=86431&hilit=people%27s+college+of+law

BigZuck

Diamond

Postby BigZuck » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:19 am

Nebby wrote:
ernie wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

Big words coming from a guy with 25K posts on a law school forum

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:31 am

BigZuck wrote:
Nebby wrote:
ernie wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

If it weren't for current law students and professionals providing their wisdom on these forums, it would be full of insufferable 0Ls like Ferris circlejerking each other with praise. Get over yourself.

ETA: you're also a megaposter, so apologizes if that was flame.
Last edited by Shakawkaw on Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nebby

Diamond

Postby Nebby » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:32 am

Shakawkaw wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Nebby wrote:
ernie wrote:
BigZuck wrote:

If it weren't for current law students and professionals providing their wisdom on these forums, it would be full of insufferable 0Ls like Ferris circlejerking each other with praise. Get over yourself.

BigZuck was being sarcastic, but otherwise you are correct :D

Shakawkaw

Gold

Postby Shakawkaw » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:33 am

My b, read too quickly and reacted.

BigZuck

Diamond

Postby BigZuck » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:37 am

Can someone let me know what Shakawkaw is shakawkawing about? I only read posts penned by posters with at least a 5K post history.

Thanks!

PeanutsNJam

Gold

Postby PeanutsNJam » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:06 pm

Hey Ferrisjso why don't you make a poll and see how many people here would vote you into office, even with a YLS JD/MBA/PhD and a MD from JHU.

Return to “Choosing a Law School?