UT vs WUSTL vs BC

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
finaciardi

New

UT vs WUSTL vs BC

Postby finaciardi » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:08 pm

Last edited by finaciardi on Thu May 11, 2017 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thomas Hagan, ESQ.

Silver

Re: UT vs WUSTL vs BC

Postby Thomas Hagan, ESQ. » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:21 pm

Looks like it will come down to which school is the best fit for you/where do you want to practice law.

waldorf

Gold

Postby waldorf » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:28 pm

Thomas Hagan, ESQ. wrote:Looks like it will come down to which school is the best fit for you/where do you want to practice law.

+1.

You should have more money than that at Wash U with above a 170. I'd negotiate.

UT probably has the best national reach out of the three but it still limits you to the region. I also would ask yourself, how major of a city are you wanting? I love STL and stick up for it a lot but I would not call it a major city.

trebekismyhero

Silver

Postby trebekismyhero » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:33 pm

Negotiate with WUSTL, with a 170+ you should be close to a full ride if not a full ride. Then take that back to UT and BC to maximize your scholarships there and then pick the one you want. Right now, they're all a little expensive, but you should get more $ by negotiating. UT probably the best for big law, but without Texas ties not sure it as big of an advantage. Pick the one you like best and most affordable after you negotiate

finaciardi

New

Postby finaciardi » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:05 pm

Last edited by finaciardi on Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

Hikikomorist

Platinum

Postby Hikikomorist » Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:20 pm

finaciardi wrote:
bwaldorf wrote:You should have more money than that at Wash U with above a 170. I'd negotiate.

trebekismyhero wrote:Negotiate with WUSTL, with a 170+ you should be close to a full ride if not a full ride.

Hi, thank you so much for your inputs.
My understanding was that you need another offer to negotiate scholarship. Currently, WUSTL is my highest offer -- do you have any advice on how to negotiate in that case?

Just feed them a line about law school being super expensive. WUSTL always pays for high LSAT scores.

Rigo

Diamond

Postby Rigo » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:09 pm

trebekismyhero wrote:Negotiate with WUSTL, with a 170+ you should be close to a full ride if not a full ride. Then take that back to UT and BC to maximize your scholarships there and then pick the one you want. Right now, they're all a little expensive, but you should get more $ by negotiating. UT probably the best for big law, but without Texas ties not sure it as big of an advantage. Pick the one you like best and most affordable after you negotiate

Agree with all this.
As it stands now I would probably do UT since you didn't indicate a burning desire to practice in New England and its the best of the three for biglaw.

WUSTL should give you more so definitely negotiate.

Return to “Choosing a Law School�