Moderators, please delete.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Law2017!

New

Postby Law2017! » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:36 pm

Last edited by Law2017! on Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mullens

Silver

Re: UVA vs NYU vs Berkeley

Postby Mullens » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:39 pm

Law2017! wrote:Hello,

I am deciding between UVA, NYU, and Berkeley. I am interested in intellectual property law and hope to live in Colorado long-term. None of the schools have offered me money, and I don't expect to receive any due to my LSAT score.

Berkeley and NYU are ranked highly in intellectual property law, but UVA offers a lot of great non-IP opportunities (i.e. Supreme Court litigation clinic, appellate litigation clinic, business law program, high federal clerkship placement, etc). I also prefer the UVA environment as far as location and student body.

It would be great to have some input about whether or not I should be concerned that UVA isn't ranked as high in IP law. I should also mention that UVA does have many great IP classes, an IP-related journal, and two IP clinics, so it is not as if I would be lacking in IP opportunities.

Thank you!

Unless you have "fuck you" money and can spend $300,000 on a law school without caring, you need to care a lot more about debt. Do you have any lower T14 acceptances or scholarships?

Colonel_funkadunk

Gold

Postby Colonel_funkadunk » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:46 pm

berk.

if you're resigned to the fact you're gonna take out a home's worth of student debt might as well go somewhere warm.

on the bright side, if it's 3L and you have no job and half a mill in debt looming you can just coincidentally get off'd in an antifa riot to end the student loan responsibility for yourself.

Npret

Silver

Postby Npret » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:49 pm

Ignore specialty rankings.

What is your idea about living in Colorado?

Future Ex-Engineer

Silver

Postby Future Ex-Engineer » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Colonel_funkadunk wrote:berk.

if you're resigned to the fact you're gonna take out a home's worth of student debt might as well go somewhere warm.

on the bright side, if it's 3L and you have no job and half a mill in debt looming you can just coincidentally get off'd in an antifa riot to end the student loan responsibility for yourself.

floatie

Silver

Postby floatie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:53 pm

All 3 are good options as far as giving you a good shot at the kind of jobs you're looking for. None of these 3 are worth sticker price, unless you have other ways of funding yourself (family, etc).

A. Nony Mouse

Diamond

Re: Moderators, please delete.

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Tue Feb 07, 2017 2:10 pm

FYI folks: the moderators don't delete threads on request.

Return to “Choosing a Law School�