WUSTL, ND, BU, or GWU?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
trebekismyhero

Silver

Re: WUSTL, ND, BU, or GWU?

Postby trebekismyhero » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:18 pm

anonpsanon wrote:Also - question to all. I know that specializations/class offerings aren't supposed to matter so much...BUT...

Doesn't UIUC have the reputation for feeding into biglaw? Specifically corporate biglaw? The clinical/experiential training offered doesn't seem as robust as the offerings at other schools (Wisc, Loyola, etc.). For someone hoping to practice family law (or, if that doesn't work out, employment law, immigration law, public interest... not at all interested in biglaw)... is UIUC still the best option?

If you want family law and network you will be able to get it. I know plenty of people in family law from UIUC, including the bigger family law firms like Berger Schatz. If you have a full ride and want to be in chicago, UIUC will be far superior to Wisconsin and probably superior to loyola. I think UIUC has 20-30% higher employment score than Loyola, it is not just big law.

BigZuck

Diamond

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:22 pm

trebekismyhero wrote:
anonpsanon wrote:Also - question to all. I know that specializations/class offerings aren't supposed to matter so much...BUT...

Doesn't UIUC have the reputation for feeding into biglaw? Specifically corporate biglaw? The clinical/experiential training offered doesn't seem as robust as the offerings at other schools (Wisc, Loyola, etc.). For someone hoping to practice family law (or, if that doesn't work out, employment law, immigration law, public interest... not at all interested in biglaw)... is UIUC still the best option?

If you want family law and network you will be able to get it. I know plenty of people in family law from UIUC, including the bigger family law firms like Berger Schatz. If you have a full ride and want to be in chicago, UIUC will be far superior to Wisconsin and probably superior to loyola. I think UIUC has 20-30% higher employment score than Loyola, it is not just big law.

Ignore this

No way is a firm called Burger Schats

He's trolling U

Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Postby Pinkpanda24 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:31 pm

BigZuck wrote:
trebekismyhero wrote:

Ignore this

He's trolling U

http://www.bergerschatz.com lol

njdevils2626

Bronze

Postby njdevils2626 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:31 pm

Pinkpanda24 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
trebekismyhero wrote:

Ignore this

He's trolling U

http://www.bergerschatz.com lol

Gotta say, really impressed you were able to manufacture a fake law firm website that quickly. 10/10

BigZuck

Diamond

Postby BigZuck » Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:37 pm

It's pretty good but nowhere close to the GOAT Payne & Fears.

Sharts Burger had no idea what they were doing when they formed their firm. Payne and Fears knew EXACTLY what they were doing.

Pinkpanda24

Bronze

Postby Pinkpanda24 » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:12 pm

BigZuck wrote:It's pretty good but nowhere close to the GOAT Payne & Fears.

Sharts Burger had no idea what they were doing when they formed their firm. Payne and Fears knew EXACTLY what they were doing.

After a crap day at my mortgage sales job, this was the laugh I needed. Thank you. Hahahaha

Return to “Choosing a Law School�