Which law schools have the best gyms?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
fazzvm56

Bronze

Re: Which law schools have the best gyms?

Postby fazzvm56 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:35 pm

GULC's gym is great. BU's is pretty remarkable too, the pool they have is awesome.

Boltsfan

New

Postby Boltsfan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:14 pm

Don't all schools have good gyms? I have to work out at a Gold's Gym now, and man I would kill to be able to go back to my UG/Law School gym.

I would guess the best gyms are at schools with semi-serious sports programs but that don't have team-specific gyms. If the Football/Basketball/Baseball/etc. teams all work out at the same place the non-athletes work out, I'm guessing that shared facility will be top notch.

JD_Kingfish

Bronze

Postby JD_Kingfish » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:27 pm

Idk if anywhere really comes close to GULC. I would play bball in that gym every day if I had the chance.

dabigchina

Silver

Postby dabigchina » Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:59 pm

Boltsfan wrote:Don't all schools have good gyms? I have to work out at a Gold's Gym now, and man I would kill to be able to go back to my UG/Law School gym.

I would guess the best gyms are at schools with semi-serious sports programs but that don't have team-specific gyms. If the Football/Basketball/Baseball/etc. teams all work out at the same place the non-athletes work out, I'm guessing that shared facility will be top notch.

What's an example of a school with a semi serious sports program that does not have team specific gyms?

Even Columbia crew has their own facilities within the gym. I have literally never heard of anyone caring about crew.

Aquinas

Bronze

Postby Aquinas » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:23 pm

dabigchina wrote:
Boltsfan wrote:Don't all schools have good gyms? I have to work out at a Gold's Gym now, and man I would kill to be able to go back to my UG/Law School gym.

What's an example of a school with a semi serious sports program that does not have team specific gyms?

Even Columbia crew has their own facilities within the gym. I have literally never heard of anyone caring about crew.

I think it's safe to say crew is taken very, very seriously at Ivies, GTown, Syracuse, Navy, Wisconsin, MIT, Washington, and NESCAC schools...

laqueredup

Bronze

Postby laqueredup » Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:48 pm

The gulc gym was really nice when I visited last week. I was suprised at how empty it was but it is finals week.

floatie

Silver

Postby floatie » Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:29 pm

Peck.173 wrote:The RPAC at Ohio State is top of the line in every way.

+1

smow4029

New

Postby smow4029 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:47 am

Clemenceau wrote:Penn's is acceptable and close to the law school, but often pretty crowded. Also, it's like ~$20/month, which is lame.

Not saying your assessment is off, but considering how expensive gyms are in DC, the prospect of paying $20/month (max) for a gym is so exciting.

emkay625

Gold

Postby emkay625 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:45 am

The UT law school dean (who is super nice and awesome) has floated the idea of acquiring a building that's across the street from the law school (which is currently a book store) and turning it into a gym an recreational center for law students only. No clue if this is still a possibility (been about a year since I last heard talk of it.) But it would be awesome if it happened. The main UT gym is really nice but can be crowded during peak times.

illini2016

New

Postby illini2016 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:55 pm

Chicago's is tremendous.

IsThisForReal

Gold

Postby IsThisForReal » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:58 pm

UF has several different facilities across campus. You'll find that any school with a decent football program is gonna have a good gym.
Last edited by IsThisForReal on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

BlendedUnicorn

Platinum

Postby BlendedUnicorn » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:59 pm

I like Chicago's two gyms. One has more of an old-timey sweat and blood feel to it and the other is more modern looking but both dedicate a substantial portion of their space to free weights with really nice lifting platforms and that's pretty much all I ask for. I'm sure it's not the best but it's good.

Return to “Choosing a Law School�