Already debating...

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
at593

New

Already debating...

Postby at593 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:08 pm

Hi all,

I have been admitted to a few schools already (UVA and Duke) and even without having scholarship information at this point, I find myself wondering about something.

All the threads I've read on tls seem to hate on Michigan quite a bit (saw one today that called it a dumpster fire, lol). I've always kind of wanted to go there though, despite not wanting to practice in the midwest (went to mich for undergrad, and my boyfriend will probably go there for med school next year).

Is Michigan that bad compared to Duke and UVA? Would my options be significantly decreased if I ended up getting in and choosing it over other options? I'm interested in potentially pursuing a federal clerkship and/or working in biglaw for a few years, at least.

HYPSM

Bronze

Re: Already debating...

Postby HYPSM » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:26 am

The schools you mentioned are, more or less, peers with Michigan. If you want to go there and your SO will be there as well, go.

Simple as that.

ChristineBaskets

New

Postby ChristineBaskets » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:36 am

HYPSM wrote:The schools you mentioned are, more or less, peers with Michigan. If you want to go there and your SO will be there as well, go.

Simple as that.

+1

I'd say that barring a situation where attending UVA or Duke would be the significantly cheaper option (unlikely), Michigan would be a fine choice.

BigZuck

Diamond

Postby BigZuck » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:00 am

Michigan is fine but you've got to admit that it's a lot of fun to make fun of

Just go to whatever school makes the most sense

/thread

(Mods plz lock thanks)

Return to “Choosing a Law School�