Which Law Schools for OC/LA Practice?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
TrynaLaw

New

Which Law Schools for OC/LA Practice?

Postby TrynaLaw » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:47 am

Hey all,

I am wondering which law schools I should apply to this cycle. I want to practice biglaw or midlaw in Orange County or LA to start out. I'm not sure which schools can get me there, preferably with a reasonable debt load. I am currently applying to UCLA, USC, UCI and Duke but I want to know which other schools are strong in the OC/LA market and worth applying to.

3.67LSAC GPA, 170 LSAT, 1 year WE, non-URM.

Thanks.

RamTitan

Silver

Re: Which Law Schools for OC/LA Practice?

Postby RamTitan » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Maybe throw in Arizona State, Berkley, and Northwestern as well? You have a pretty good list so far

existentialcrisis

Bronze

Postby existentialcrisis » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:17 pm

TrynaLaw wrote:Hey all,

I am wondering which law schools I should apply to this cycle. I want to practice biglaw or midlaw in Orange County or LA to start out. I'm not sure which schools can get me there, preferably with a reasonable debt load. I am currently applying to UCLA, USC, UCI and Duke but I want to know which other schools are strong in the OC/LA market and worth applying to.

3.67LSAC GPA, 170 LSAT, 1 year WE, non-URM.

Thanks.

Are you from there? If so, I think any of the t14 probably give you a reasonable shot. I doubt Duke offers much of a boost over say Michigan, regardless of what lst may say. Also if you're not from there and don't go to school in California I bet it will be tough.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Postby ArtistOfManliness » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:20 pm

Retake

Bob loblaw law blog

Bronze

Postby Bob loblaw law blog » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:25 pm

ArtistOfManliness wrote:Retake

Sarcasm? Op has 170, unless he/she wants Stanford (and with a 3.67, they wouldn't be increasing their chances much there anyway) that should be plenty to get money at the schools they are applying to. I don't think I've ever seen someone in the 170s told to retake unless they're gunning for hys or full rides in the T14.

ArtistOfManliness

Silver

Postby ArtistOfManliness » Thu Sep 29, 2016 11:50 pm

Bob loblaw law blog wrote:
ArtistOfManliness wrote:Retake

Sarcasm? Op has 170, unless he/she wants Stanford (and with a 3.67, they wouldn't be increasing their chances much there anyway) that should be plenty to get money at the schools they are applying to. I don't think I've ever seen someone in the 170s told to retake unless they're gunning for hys or full rides in the T14.

Clearly you haven't been on TLS very long. Retake is always TCR.

Return to “Choosing a Law School�