Law School Rankings: Is this Article Accurate?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Chambers

New

Law School Rankings: Is this Article Accurate?

Postby Chambers » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:07 am

I was wondering what others think about this article: http://www.law-school-hacker.com/top-ranked-law-schools.html, where the author ranks his top 20 law schools in the United States. I'm mostly interested in your thoughts about his groupings (he creates five "clumps" of schools based on prestige and opportunities for graduates) and his descriptions of the opportunities for graduates in each group (scroll about half way down the page to see these). Any other thoughts on the article are welcome as well.

Clemenceau

Silver

Re: Law School Rankings: Is this Article Accurate?

Postby Clemenceau » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:59 am

Hmm any chance, just going out on a limb here, that perhaps you're the author of this article?

nick417

Bronze

Postby nick417 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:14 pm

What is the purpose of this article. You have essentially listed the consensus top 15 law schools. The order may be a little different, but who care? They are all great schools.

The more intriguing rankings are beyond the schools you listed in your article. What potential students are struggling with are schools ranked between 25-75 in the USNews rankings. What is the difference between attending school 25 and school 45?

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:42 pm

I think this article is excellent. It provides further support for my oft-stated view that Penn is falling toward the bottom of the T14.

Chambers

New

Postby Chambers » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:52 pm

To clarify: I am not the author of the article, and therefore don't have inside information on the article's purpose.

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:52 pm

Chambers wrote:To clarify: I am not the author of the article, and therefore don't have inside information on the article's purpose.

Do you somehow make revenue off the site? I really can't think of any other reason to post clickbait junk like this.

Chambers

New

Postby Chambers » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:06 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Chambers wrote:To clarify: I am not the author of the article, and therefore don't have inside information on the article's purpose.

Do you somehow make revenue off the site? I really can't think of any other reason to post clickbait junk like this.

No, I have no connection whatsoever to the site. I'm genuinely interested in his groupings and employment prospects for top law schools.

cavalier1138

Gold

Postby cavalier1138 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:48 pm

Chambers wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:

No, I have no connection whatsoever to the site. I'm genuinely interested in his groupings and employment prospects for top law schools.

Why? The author of that article appears to barely be able to string together words in a way that makes a coherent sentence. It's some guy's personal blog. And it's a bad one at that. He's just regurgitating common knowledge and for some reason hating on Penn.

existentialcrisis

Bronze

Postby existentialcrisis » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:28 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:
Chambers wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:

Why? The author of that article appears to barely be able to string together words in a way that makes a coherent sentence. It's some guy's personal blog. And it's a bad one at that. He's just regurgitating common knowledge and for some reason hating on Penn.

It's probably the Sandusky scandal that our football team had several years ago.

Chambers

New

Postby Chambers » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:38 pm

I'll admit I'm new to these things...can anyone recommend a better source for similar info?

existentialcrisis

Bronze

Postby existentialcrisis » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:39 pm

Chambers wrote:I'll admit I'm new to these things...can anyone recommend a better source for similar info?

http://www.lstscorereports.com/schools/

Chambers

New

Postby Chambers » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:54 pm

^Thanks.

somebodyelse

New

Postby somebodyelse » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:47 pm

existentialcrisis wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:
Chambers wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:

It's probably the Sandusky scandal that our football team had several years ago.

Not sure if serious or not, but that's Penn State.

rpupkin

Platinum

Postby rpupkin » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:49 pm

somebodyelse wrote:
existentialcrisis wrote:

That's not the point. The point is that Penn is mired in "clump 4B" with the likes of GULC and Cornell.

somebodyelse

New

Postby somebodyelse » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:03 pm

rpupkin wrote:
somebodyelse wrote:
existentialcrisis wrote:

That's not the point. The point is that Penn is mired in "clump 4B" with the likes of GULC and Cornell.

Just making a correction....

existentialcrisis

Bronze

Postby existentialcrisis » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:23 pm

somebodyelse wrote:
rpupkin wrote:
somebodyelse wrote:
existentialcrisis wrote:

Just making a correction....

4B? Please. We're gunning for the big 10 title and the USWNR #6 spot. Watch out Ohio State and NYU.

Return to “Choosing a Law School�