Retaking was such an incredible decision

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
bmathers

Silver
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Retaking was such an incredible decision

Postby bmathers » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:44 pm

Despite what family and friends (one a 3L) told me when I told them I was going to wait a cycle and retake, I'm so glad that I did.

I underperformed and got a 153 on my Feb LSAT. I was looking at Roger Williams for a 65% ship or Akron for a 10k/yr ship (14k/year tuition), along with waitlists.

I retook in June and got a 158 (PT 159-162), U am withdrawing from this cycle and retaking again in September, but I am currently looking at offers from: UTK (withdrew before scholarship info), PSU (withdrew before scholarship info), Akron (basically full-ride), Syracuse (40k/year), Cincinnati (50% ship), Georgia State (was just accepted, haven't heard anything about $$ yet). Still waiting decisions from Villanova, Wake Forest, and URichmond.

The retake advice is great advice.

User avatar
poptart123

Silver
Posts: 1152
Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:31 pm

Re: Retaking was such an incredible decision

Postby poptart123 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:57 pm

Seconded. Went from 1/3 tuition at my deposited school to full tuition. Will be reapplying next cycle, and maybe retaking again. TLS seems rough at first, but the advice is amazing.

"The truth hurts." - Anonymous

User avatar
bmathers

Silver
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: Retaking was such an incredible decision

Postby bmathers » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:59 pm

poptart123 wrote:TLS seems rough at first, but the advice is amazing.

"The truth hurts." - Anonymous

Agreed

User avatar
RamTitan

Silver
Posts: 1092
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:45 pm

Re: Retaking was such an incredible decision

Postby RamTitan » Tue Jul 12, 2016 3:10 pm

I'm retaking as well, and I think it will be the right decision!

User avatar
bmathers

Silver
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: Retaking was such an incredible decision

Postby bmathers » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:16 pm

Looking at my June LSAT more in-depth and redoing it right now... I have gotten through LG and a bit of LR so far and I SHOULD have probably scored in the mid-160s already... stupid, stupid errors that I don't usually commit. I missed #3 on the first LR section - I NEVER miss any on the first 2 pairs of pages with LR... I have no idea what I was thinking on that problem - I mislabeled it, with also changed my approach (I labeled it as a PAI, when it is clearly a MOA - that one alone would have given me a 159).

Mid 160s is totally achievable with my current understanding, let alone 2 more months of prep! I'm pumped. Mid 160s would be a game-changer.

User avatar
bmathers

Silver
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: Retaking was such an incredible decision

Postby bmathers » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:35 pm

Blind reviewed the first 2 sections so far... -2 and -2... would already put me at a 164.... maaaannnn

User avatar
Barack O'Drama

Gold
Posts: 3268
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:21 pm

Re: Retaking was such an incredible decision

Postby Barack O'Drama » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:43 pm

Excellent decision. I know it must be hard when some people in your life are against it, and you have the option to pull the trigger and just attend.

I have a lot of confidence that you'll kill it in September if you just keep attacking you weaknesses!
Last edited by Barack O'Drama on Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rpupkin

Platinum
Posts: 5658
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:32 pm

Re: Retaking was such an incredible decision

Postby rpupkin » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:51 pm

bmathers wrote:Despite what family and friends (one a 3L) told me when I told them I was going to wait a cycle and retake, I'm so glad that I did.

I underperformed and got a 153 on my Feb LSAT. I was looking at Roger Williams for a 65% ship or Akron for a 10k/yr ship (14k/year tuition), along with waitlists.

I retook in June and got a 158 (PT 159-162), U am withdrawing from this cycle and retaking again in September, but I am currently looking at offers from: UTK (withdrew before scholarship info), PSU (withdrew before scholarship info), Akron (basically full-ride), Syracuse (40k/year), Cincinnati (50% ship), Georgia State (was just accepted, haven't heard anything about $$ yet). Still waiting decisions from Villanova, Wake Forest, and URichmond.

Retake.

User avatar
bmathers

Silver
Posts: 889
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: Retaking was such an incredible decision

Postby bmathers » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:15 pm

rpupkin wrote:
bmathers wrote:Despite what family and friends (one a 3L) told me when I told them I was going to wait a cycle and retake, I'm so glad that I did.

I underperformed and got a 153 on my Feb LSAT. I was looking at Roger Williams for a 65% ship or Akron for a 10k/yr ship (14k/year tuition), along with waitlists.

I retook in June and got a 158 (PT 159-162), U am withdrawing from this cycle and retaking again in September, but I am currently looking at offers from: UTK (withdrew before scholarship info), PSU (withdrew before scholarship info), Akron (basically full-ride), Syracuse (40k/year), Cincinnati (50% ship), Georgia State (was just accepted, haven't heard anything about $$ yet). Still waiting decisions from Villanova, Wake Forest, and URichmond.

Retake.

Will do. After reviewing most of the June LSAT, I really should have gotten a 163-165 on it if I was thinking straight. I think if I score a 164 on an actual LSAT administration I would cry... and I am definitely not a crier, at all. haha That would be screaming "full-ride and stipend" for the schools that I am targeting, or in at Emory (to go, need a ship, very debt averse).

NoLongerALurker

Bronze
Posts: 144
Joined: Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:08 am

Re: Retaking was such an incredible decision

Postby NoLongerALurker » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:46 pm

Will add on to motivate future people. I went from in at NYU with no money to in at all of HYS and full rides at Chi/Columbia/NYU. The difference was one extra exam. Insane not to rewrite.



Return to “Choosing a Law School�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 11 guests