PLEASE ADVICE Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
hipcatdaddio

Bronze

Re: PLEASE ADVICE

Post by hipcatdaddio » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:05 pm

Nachoo2019 wrote:Definitely Akron. The lazy river there has tons of networking events where the students find their jobs. In fact, I hear they plan to hold OCI in the river next year!!
Any advise on appropriate swimsuit interview attire? Are floral prints too dated? Also, is it inappropriate to chase after your interviewer's innertube if they start floating past you?

somethingElse

Gold

Post by somethingElse » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:08 pm

Didn't you guys hear? Akron's "lazy river" (i.e. lazy puddle) is so last week. It's all about Texas Tech's lazy river now! Look it up if you don't believe me.

hipcatdaddio

Bronze

Post by hipcatdaddio » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:33 pm

Once High Point University decides to create NC's 8th law school, UNC and Wake Forest better look out.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/0 ... 08077.html

Nachoo2019

Silver

Post by Nachoo2019 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:38 pm

somethingElse wrote:Didn't you guys hear? Akron's "lazy river" (i.e. lazy puddle) is so last week. It's all about Texas Tech's lazy river now! Look it up if you don't believe me.

DING DING DING! We have a new lazy river champion. I present to you Texas Tech's "Leisure Pool":

http://www.depts.ttu.edu/recsports/aquatics/leisure.php

Something else is definitely right on this one :shock:

wlee1220

Bronze

Post by wlee1220 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:54 pm

As an HBCU (undergrad) alum, I'm pleading with you not to do this (if this is even serious). I'm taking a huge leap in assuming you went to an HBCU but the only reason why I have any familiarity with Texas Southern or FAMU Law is because I went to one for undergrad. These schools are fine for what they are on the undergrad level, but the only HBCU law school halfway worth attending is Howard and you really shouldn't do that either.

Whatever your numbers are, put in the time to study and retake until they are good enough to get you into a flagship state school. If you don't think you can get above a certain threshold, maybe you should rethink law school altogether.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

raven1231

Bronze

Post by raven1231 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:04 pm

wlee1220 wrote:As an HBCU (undergrad) alum, I'm pleading with you not to do this (if this is even serious). I'm taking a huge leap in assuming you went to an HBCU but the only reason why I have any familiarity with Texas Southern or FAMU Law is because I went to one for undergrad. These schools are fine for what they are on the undergrad level, but the only HBCU law school halfway worth attending is Howard and you really shouldn't do that either.

Whatever your numbers are, put in the time to study and retake until they are good enough to get you into a flagship state school. If you don't think you can get above a certain threshold, maybe you should rethink law school altogether.
What about GGU?

raven1231

Bronze

Post by raven1231 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:05 pm

Nachoo2019 wrote:Definitely Akron. The lazy river there has tons of networking events where the students find their jobs. In fact, I hear they plan to hold OCI in the river next year!!
I'm not really much on lazy rivers or whatever...Plus GGU has a new moot court room which has gained national attention. I think GGU is honestly better, but I can't help but wonder if the prestige I'd be getting from Akron over GGU is worth the additional $$$

Mr. Peanutbutter

Diamond

Post by Mr. Peanutbutter » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:30 pm

what the hell is a GGU?

hipcatdaddio

Bronze

Post by hipcatdaddio » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:32 pm

Mlk&Ckies wrote:what the hell is a GGU?

I'm assuming Golden Gate University, but I'm pretty sure that this thread isn't serious...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Nachoo2019

Silver

Post by Nachoo2019 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:32 pm

Mlk&Ckies wrote:what the hell is a GGU?

It's a rare species that hides beneath the other 9 better law schools in northern California

sublime

Diamond

Post by sublime » Thu Jun 09, 2016 4:33 pm

wlee1220

Bronze

Post by wlee1220 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:04 pm

raven1231 wrote:
I'm not really much on lazy rivers or whatever...Plus GGU has a new moot court room which has gained national attention. I think GGU is honestly better, but I can't help but wonder if the prestige I'd be getting from Akron over GGU is worth the additional $$$
You gotta be fucking kidding me. Wtf is this thread?

BeachBear

New

Post by BeachBear » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:26 pm

Last edited by BeachBear on Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

philippian413

New

Post by philippian413 » Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:41 pm

Also, if you were even #1 or #2 in your class the very best I believe you could transfer is somewhere in the T50. That is a substantial jump from where these schools are but I don't see it possible you getting into the T14 or T30 schools. I do know one person who was able to jump from UF law to Harvard and decided not to HLS.

A free ride is great but you will have such an up-hill battle from these schools.

Best situation would be to get your LSAT score up and go to T50 or higher school and then try to transfer up. As you can see from the other comments here which are delivered via a shotgun to the face this is very hard to.

If sitting the year out is a big issue for you. Then take the free ride. I would see what state you end up practicing in. If Florida then FAMU might make good sense. If you got more questions PM me. Good luck and all the best.

P.S. Just because you killed it grade wise in undergrad and high school does not mean you will do well in law school.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Choosing a Law School”