Cardozo, NYLS, temple (all $$$$) or BC ($$) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
funnybones

New

Cardozo, NYLS, temple (all $$$$) or BC ($$)

Post by funnybones » Sun Apr 10, 2016 5:59 am

Last edited by funnybones on Mon May 09, 2016 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

cavalier1138

Re: Cardozo, NYLS, temple (all $$$$) or BC ($$)

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:15 am

What are your stats and career goals (outside of just "working in NY")?

Tls2016

Silver

Post by Tls2016 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 7:36 am

NYLS is one of the worst law schools in the country. Don't go there.
What are the stipulations on your scholarships?
How much are you going to owe? Scholarships don't cover cost of living. How much will you borrow for that?

funnybones

New

Post by funnybones » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:01 am

What about Cardozo, i'm also waiting on Fordham (applied really late). My stats are 3.75 from a private liberal arts school with no grade inflation, and 164 LSAT. Strong softs. 2 years WE. Not dead set on BigLaw, worked at a boutique law firm and would consider them, but would like to make some money- will be financing wherever I go with loans.

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:21 am

Tls2016 wrote:NYLS is one of the worst law schools in the country. Don't go there.
What are the stipulations on your scholarships?
How much are you going to owe? Scholarships don't cover cost of living. How much will you borrow for that?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:43 am

Is there a particular reason that a retake and re-apply isn't an option? With what you've said, it sounds like getting your score up even a few points more (combined with the extra year out of school) could get you much better offers from better schools.

But of the ones you listed, BC clearly has the best chance of getting you gainful employment.

Biglaw1990

Bronze

Post by Biglaw1990 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:51 am

Last edited by Biglaw1990 on Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

funnybones

New

Post by funnybones » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:11 pm

cavalier1138 wrote:Is there a particular reason that a retake and re-apply isn't an option? With what you've said, it sounds like getting your score up even a few points more (combined with the extra year out of school) could get you much better offers from better schools.

But of the ones you listed, BC clearly has the best chance of getting you gainful employment.

I have certain personal factors that make it so starting law school this fall would be the best option. BC or Fordham?

cavalier1138

Post by cavalier1138 » Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:46 pm

funnybones wrote:
cavalier1138 wrote:Is there a particular reason that a retake and re-apply isn't an option? With what you've said, it sounds like getting your score up even a few points more (combined with the extra year out of school) could get you much better offers from better schools.

I have certain personal factors that make it so starting law school this fall would be the best option. BC or Fordham?
Looks like BC still edges them out a bit in employment, but Fordham may be better in the NY market.

I'd still say that if this fall is simply the "best option" and not a necessity, you should wait and retake. There's no need to rush this decision if the alternative means a lot more potential for your future career.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Clearly

Gold

Post by Clearly » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:25 am

Everyone has personal circumstances, you are truly underestimating the likelihood of a better outcome if you're patient. I have friends at B.C. and Fordham. Its not fun when only a third of the class can service their debt and the rest are scrambling for a 50k a year job that will never be able to do so. Fuck your circumstances, man up and play this smart, it's a life altering decision, don't half ass it. Trust me, I pushed back on retaking too (ironically also a 164, but way worse gpa), but eventually I did and a few years later my god am I happy I did. You're just looking at stats and making some assumptions, I've gotten calls from friends at Fordham practically in tears when they didn't get the job they wanted, these decisions have real consequences and I'd be a shitty person if I didn't tell you that giving up on a multiple choice test and rushing off this year is a chump move that could very realistically fuck your life up.

Biglaw1990

Bronze

Post by Biglaw1990 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:41 am

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”