Class of 2015 Employment Statistics by School: #TrustTheProcess

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Rigo
Posts: 15766
Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:19 pm

Re: Class of 2015 Employment Statistics by School: #TrustTheProcess

Postby Rigo » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:10 am

pipipipi wrote:I am wondering what's other options are there apart from "BL (101+) + FC" and "unemployed, in school-funded positions, deferred starting dates, and unknown employment"?

Small law office work? JD not required positions?

I am asking because percentage in the first thread don't add up to 100%, and I would like to understand more of what the difference means. Thank you!

Look at the ABA Employment Summaries. There are more breakdowns there.
http://employmentsummary.abaquestionnaire.org

pipipipi
Posts: 156
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:23 pm

Re: Class of 2015 Employment Statistics by School: #TrustTheProcess

Postby pipipipi » Sun Jan 15, 2017 4:30 am

Rigo wrote:
pipipipi wrote:I am wondering what's other options are there apart from "BL (101+) + FC" and "unemployed, in school-funded positions, deferred starting dates, and unknown employment"?

Small law office work? JD not required positions?

I am asking because percentage in the first thread don't add up to 100%, and I would like to understand more of what the difference means. Thank you!

Look at the ABA Employment Summaries. There are more breakdowns there.
http://employmentsummary.abaquestionnaire.org


Thanks a lot! I didn't think about this earlier.

somedeadman
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: Class of 2015 Employment Statistics by School: #TrustTheProcess

Postby somedeadman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:36 pm

Will the 2016 reports be out before 0Ls have to make a decision?

User avatar
Nebby
amateur huffpo
Posts: 29525
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 12:23 pm

Re: Class of 2015 Employment Statistics by School: #TrustTheProcess

Postby Nebby » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:48 pm

somedeadman wrote:Will the 2016 reports be out before 0Ls have to make a decision?

They'll be out mid April

somedeadman
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: Class of 2015 Employment Statistics by School: #TrustTheProcess

Postby somedeadman » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:52 pm

Nebby wrote:
somedeadman wrote:Will the 2016 reports be out before 0Ls have to make a decision?

They'll be out mid April

Dang. Timing has not been on my side for this process lol

personofinterest
Posts: 133
Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:13 pm

Re: Class of 2015 Employment Statistics by School: #TrustTheProcess

Postby personofinterest » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:06 am

somedeadman wrote:
Nebby wrote:
somedeadman wrote:Will the 2016 reports be out before 0Ls have to make a decision?

They'll be out mid April

Dang. Timing has not been on my side for this process lol


I wouldn't expect them to change all that much year to year, so you can be reasonably confident w/ your decision based on past years. Also, this year isn't much better than last year for predicting employment when you graduate in 3 years.

In short, don't fret over this year's stats too much.

somedeadman
Posts: 436
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:42 pm

Re: Class of 2015 Employment Statistics by School: #TrustTheProcess

Postby somedeadman » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:46 pm

personofinterest wrote:
somedeadman wrote:
Nebby wrote:
somedeadman wrote:Will the 2016 reports be out before 0Ls have to make a decision?

They'll be out mid April

Dang. Timing has not been on my side for this process lol


I wouldn't expect them to change all that much year to year, so you can be reasonably confident w/ your decision based on past years. Also, this year isn't much better than last year for predicting employment when you graduate in 3 years.

In short, don't fret over this year's stats too much.

Cool. I was being an extra neurotic 0L yesterday haha

User avatar
PrezRand
Posts: 1543
Joined: Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:31 pm

Re: Class of 2015 Employment Statistics by School: #TrustTheProcess

Postby PrezRand » Tue May 02, 2017 7:00 pm

Houston=47/240 so 19.6%?

User avatar
Kummel
Posts: 3368
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:55 pm

Re: Class of 2015 Employment Statistics by School: #TrustTheProcess

Postby Kummel » Tue May 02, 2017 10:57 pm

Wow WUSTL is really dropping the ball

User avatar
cannibal ox
Posts: 4030
Joined: Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:49 pm

Re: Class of 2015 Employment Statistics by School: #TrustTheProcess

Postby cannibal ox » Tue May 02, 2017 11:03 pm

Y'all know this thread is from a year ago, right?




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Commoncourtesy, SolemnMan and 7 guests