may want to go the PI route...besides the t14 schools, what other schools should i look into? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lillawyer2

Silver

may want to go the PI route...besides the t14 schools, what other schools should i look into?

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:08 pm

i dont want to do big law. so while maxing out my lsat potential, im not too concerned with rankings as i am with debt, location and job placement. i know most of the time this works hand in hand (t14 or die), but are there other schools with good-->great PI placement that are not t14, but still worth looking at for my career goals?

GreenEggs

Gold

Re: may want to go the PI route...besides the t14 schools, what other schools should i look into?

Post by GreenEggs » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:09 pm

Outside of T-14, best thing to do is get a full ride to a regionally respected school where you're committed to spend your life practicing
Last edited by GreenEggs on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lillawyer2

Silver

Re: may want to go the PI route...besides the t14 schools, what other schools should i look into?

Post by lillawyer2 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:32 pm

DCfilterDC wrote:Outside of T-14, best thing to do is get a full ride to a regionally respected school where you're committed to spend your life practicing
okay i respect that answer.

among the non-t14 schools in nyc.. and there are many...do you think with dignificant skolly it is worth while attending: Fordham,Brooklyn or CUNY (which "specializes" in PI)?

GreenEggs

Gold

Post by GreenEggs » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:35 pm

lillawyer2 wrote:
DCfilterDC wrote:Outside of T-14, best thing to do is get a full ride to a regionally respected school where you're committed to spend your life practicing

among the non-t14 schools in nyc.. and there are many...do you think with dignificant skolly it is worth while attending: Fordham,Brooklyn or CUNY (which "specializes" in PI)?
do you plan on spending ur life in nyc? i don't think any school "specializes" in PI outside the T-14, tho I know CUNY and northeastern claim they do.

I think if those are the schools you're looking at you have to take a full ride wherever.
Last edited by GreenEggs on Fri Jan 26, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lillawyer2

Silver

Post by lillawyer2 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:10 am

DCfilterDC wrote:
lillawyer2 wrote:

do you plan on spending ur life in nyc? i don't think any school "specializes" in PI outside the T-14, tho I know CUNY and northeastern claim they do.

I think if those are the schools you're looking at you have to take a full ride wherever.
nyc will be my home indefinitely.

lol thats why i put specializes in quotes, bc its a claim and im not too sure about where the actual graduates land up.

so Brooklyn, Fordham, CUNY full rides only...this is what i was thinking too and i can stay at home so COS is nothing.

My top school choices are of course the best schools in the northeast, but just in case.

thanks

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”