Some advice on where to apply. Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
TheToolMan

New

Some advice on where to apply.

Post by TheToolMan » Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:44 pm

First post here, long time lurker.

I'm a graduate of a Big 10 school. Stats: 3.23/174. White male. My GPA at the University is 3.6, however when I was first starting out I didn't take things too seriously and got some very poor grades at a community college. My GPA the last two years is 3.8+. I worked full-time throughout college to support myself. I'm the first in my family to graduate college.

I like the prospect of living in Indiana and have considered IU Bloomingon an option. However I would like to shoot higher and apply to NW or some others in the T-14. Do I have any sort of shot?

zot1

Gold

Re: Some advice on where to apply.

Post by zot1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:08 pm

Apply and find out.

fliptrip

Gold

Post by fliptrip » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:28 pm

I'll try to actually be helpful to you here.

Your situation is not unique. You're a splitter and splitter cycles are pretty unpredictable so you're best advised to apply widely. Your success will be dictated by your GPA/LSAT. Here's what you're looking at chance wise in the top 14:

zot1

Gold

Post by zot1 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:13 pm

Hey now. It's hard to predict admission without softs, UG info, personal statement, and whatnot. The only way to know really is to apply and find out.

Abraham Lincoln Uni.

Bronze

Post by Abraham Lincoln Uni. » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:49 pm

The applicant pool differs each cycle so it will depend on the number of applicants and how competitive

your application is. Due to your specific scores, it is always advised that students apply to a range of law

schools to increase their chances of admission. If you apply to multiple law schools it will increase your

chances of being admitted to some law school and then you can plan from there. There is no harm in

applying.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”