Columbia, NYU RTK Invite, and BU PI Scholarship

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
gramps

Columbia, NYU RTK Invite, and BU PI Scholarship

Postby gramps » Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:02 pm

Last edited by gramps on Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cloture

Re: Columbia, NYU RTK Invite, and BU PI Scholarship

Postby Cloture » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:33 pm

gramps wrote:Seeking advice. Here's the situation.

BU - PI full tuition scholarship. Decision deadline April 1.

NYU - RTK invite. Interview April 2.

Columbia - Admitted, but aid offer unlikely to be forthcoming until April sometime.

Stanford - Decision pending, but find it unlikely that I will get in (already rejected from Harvard).

My initial thoughts are to use the current BU deadline of April 1 to request that Columbia expedite their FA offer. Then, request an extension from BU to get the results of RTK the following week. This would allow for a more informed decision/negotiation process.

FYI, I am quite debt averse.

I'm open to your thoughts. Thanks!

Fellow BU PI scholarship recipient and very interested in what BU says to your extension request. I really hope you don't have to choose between the BU scholarship and the RTK interview. Personally, I'd choose the RTK interview.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:11 pm

Let CLS know of your circumstances (tell them you have RTK interview, they'll know what that means timetable wise), and they can work something out for you.

Are you committed to PI!

gramps

Postby gramps » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:17 pm

jbagelboy wrote:Let CLS know of your circumstances (tell them you have RTK interview, they'll know what that means timetable wise), and they can work something out for you.

Are you committed to PI!

Yes, I'm committed to PI, so any input regarding CLS vs. NYU LRAP could be helpful as well. Thanks!

Joscellin

Postby Joscellin » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:51 am

gramps wrote:
jbagelboy wrote:Let CLS know of your circumstances (tell them you have RTK interview, they'll know what that means timetable wise), and they can work something out for you.

Are you committed to PI!

Yes, I'm committed to PI, so any input regarding CLS vs. NYU LRAP could be helpful as well. Thanks!

There's currently a discussion going on re: CLS/NYU LRAP viewtopic.php?f=4&t=260724

gramps

Postby gramps » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:27 pm

Joscellin wrote:
gramps wrote:

Are you committed to PI!

There's currently a discussion going on re: CLS/NYU LRAP viewtopic.php?f=4&t=260724

Thanks! Super helpful!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”