Case Western Law, Regional Reputation (?) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
wjlaw

New

Case Western Law, Regional Reputation (?)

Post by wjlaw » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:31 pm

I'm interested in finding out some information on Case Western Law, as most of the information I seem to find on the school seems to be fairly outdated. Can this school compete effectively with other Midwestern schools for positions, such as OSU, Cincinnati (which has surprisingly good placement), or any other law schools in the region (including Michigan schools such as MSU or Wayne State)? Does this school have strong regional prestige?

I know they don't publish NALP reports; is there any reason for that besides trying to hide employment statistics?

Also, I know its more of a regional school, and not really a school for biglaw, and I'm not really looking for comments related to retaking the LSAT or aiming for T14, as they are not relevant to what I'm seeking to find out. The school offered me pretty much full tuition, and I just want to get an idea of what the school offers as I consider all my options.

GreatBraffsby

Bronze

Re: Case Western Law, Regional Reputation (?)

Post by GreatBraffsby » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:38 pm

Just to piggyback on this topic, does anyone know if there is a school in Ohio that Ohio State would view as a peer in terms of salary negotiation? I don't think they see UC as a rival, as southern Ohio is its own beast. Would a full ride, or close to it, from Case move the needle for Moritz? Would it matter if the applicant had Ohio ties?

Right now I have to think Notre Dame and WUSTL are probably the closest peers in the Midwest.

eagle2a

Bronze

Post by eagle2a » Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:47 pm

Retake the LSAT, get a good scholly to OSU, go to OSU

raven1231

Bronze

Post by raven1231 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:15 am

I think IU would be more competitive with OSU. Like you said I don't think the other Ohio schools are seen as competition to them. I'm currently trying to decide between Case Western, OSU and IU myself. I got a full ride plus from Case, IU 75k (but since I'm from Ohio it's only half tuition), and am waiting to hear from OSU still. I also got a full ride plus 13k from UK, and full ride from UC but am not considering those really anymore.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”