BU ($) vs Northeastern (Full) Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Aurel1a

New

BU ($) vs Northeastern (Full)

Post by Aurel1a » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:42 pm

I am highly interested in Public Interest and Environmental Law in the Boston area.

I'm choosing between:
Northeastern - PILS (full tuition + stipend) (COA around $13,000 per year - just living expenses)
BU - $20,000 per year (COA around $47,802 per year)
BC - still waiting on scholarship info but will probably be around or less than BU

Cost is a factor, but will not stop me from attending BC or BU.

Which of the three schools has the best prospects for PI? I know NUSL'S coop program can help with resume building, but BC and BU are higher ranking and tend to do better in employment stats.
Last edited by Aurel1a on Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

deant286

Bronze

Re: BU ($) vs Northeastern (Full)

Post by deant286 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 2:46 pm

There's a lot of factors that go into making this decision (and giving advice on which route to take) so it would be best if you provided the info the stickied thread suggests you provide. Otherwise no one can give you accurate advice because we don't know what you want to do, where you want to work, how much it will cost in total, etc etc.

But, generally, you want to choose your school based on which can best help you find employment (and, importantly, in the city/region you want to work in) with the least amount of debt. By the way, neither of those schools has "prestige" - which shouldn't be a factor anyway.

Look around the law school transparency website for the employment outcomes of the graduating classes from those schools to give you an idea of where they can help you find jobs and what kind of jobs they will be.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”