Sorry for doing this again!

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

What school should DaRascal attend?

Seton Hall
40%
IU Maurer
60%

Total votes: 20

DaRascal

Re: Sorry for doing this again!

Postby DaRascal » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:08 pm

lawman84 wrote:
Dude sounds crazy (and based on his history is full of it) but honestly...

I know, but I never said I was sane. :roll:

Postby 071816 » Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:09 pm

DaRascal wrote:Ties schmies pies.

best quote in the history of these tsl fora

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:47 pm

Think I'll be going with IU. You guys haven't given me any reason not to, but if I don't get a solid $60k/year gig in three years (no fetching coffee or yelling at me), then I'll be joining JD Underground and making an ATL blog to share my experiences in the post law school slums of the hard streets of Central Indiana.

rpupkin

Postby rpupkin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:59 pm

DaRascal wrote:Think I'll be going with IU. You guys haven't given me any reason not to, but if I don't get a solid $60k/year gig in three years (no fetching coffee or yelling at me), then I'll be joining JD Underground and making an ATL blog to share my experiences in the post law school slums of the hard streets of Central Indiana.

How about this, my friend: go to both schools. Travel expenses may be considerable during the first semester, but it will be worth it.

It's like splitting aces: you can see which school deals you the better cards (i.e., grades), and then you can fold the weaker hand!

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:03 pm

rpupkin wrote:How about this, my friend: go to both schools. Travel expenses may be considerable during the first semester, but it will be worth it.

It's like splitting aces: you can see which school deals you the better cards (i.e., grades), and then you can fold the weaker hand!

If it were a possible, I'd definitely give it a shot just because I like trying new things out. Sadly, I feel that we're 100 years away from that. Why do I have to live in the primitive 21st century? If we were living in 2110, we'd have private space jets that can get from NJ to IN in 8 minutes and we'd have 22nd century computers to dupe law schools into not knowing that we're dual enrolled.

rpupkin

Postby rpupkin » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:05 pm

DaRascal wrote:
rpupkin wrote:How about this, my friend: go to both schools. Travel expenses may be considerable during the first semester, but it will be worth it.

If it were a possible, I'd definitely give it a shot just because I like trying new things out. Sadly, I feel that we're 100 years away from that. Why do I have to live in the primitive 21st century? If we were living in 2110, we'd have private space jets that can get from NJ to IN in 8 minutes and we'd have 22nd century computers to dupe law schools into not knowing that we're dual enrolled.

:cry:

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:48 pm

I'm starting to suspect that the OP isn't actually sorry

JohannDeMann

Postby JohannDeMann » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:52 pm

indiana for sure

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:43 pm

JohannDeMann wrote:indiana for sure

Now I'm definitely confused. So you feel pretty confident that IUB is the right choice then, huh? I have to be honest, a single tear is slowly rolling down my cheek as I consider the prospect of leaving the area of the world that is the height of civilization to head out to the ole' Indiana farmlands, but those LST reports don't lie. *sigh* :(

cron1834

Postby cron1834 » Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:08 am

I only studied for exams for like two weeks... I bet you could get away with a week at Seton Hall, plus you have connections there. No brainer.

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:08 am

cron1834 wrote:I only studied for exams for like two weeks... I bet you could get away with a week at Seton Hall, plus you have connections there. No brainer.

Added a poll, but probably going to IUB.
Seton Hall- Section stacking, 4% large firm score (Would hate to work biglaw, but would definitely do it for a year and get out if I had the grades and 10-15% is more attractive than a 3-5% chance). 75% chance of working a $35k clerkship or being underemployed.

IU- Zero ties to IN or Midwest. Stronger student body. 63% employment score. Need to find a hot girlfriend and spend my law school summers working in one of the major cities.

My ideal job after graduation is just a stable $50-60k, 9-5 set-up. I'm in some serious trouble, my friends. If I don't do damage at one of these schools, I'll be a fried platypus. So this is why you were saying to do well on the LSAT and stop drinking and letting my grades slip a few years ago. :oops:

dudley12

Postby dudley12 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:16 am

how can you troll for so many years?

JohannDeMann

Postby JohannDeMann » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:16 am

You'll be fine darascal. You're going to a good school for a very cheap price and are a chill and sociable dude. Study hard and things will work out.

butlerraider1

Postby butlerraider1 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:21 am

Thought you were heading to Iowa on a full ride

Young Marino

Postby Young Marino » Sun Jun 21, 2015 8:49 pm

dudley12 wrote:how can you troll for so many years?

eav1277

Postby eav1277 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:04 pm

So have you decided where you are going? I vote Indiana.

Da rascal be crazy but he's alright. He's a TLS vet at this point.
I am a rising 3L. Darascal and I were both t14 (or money at regional) hopefuls back in the 12/13 cycle (starting fall 2013).

Also what happened to dr dre? UC (TTtTTtTtTt) Irvine.

Postby 071816 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:15 pm

I miss Jah'rakal

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:54 pm

eav1277 wrote:So have you decided where you are going? I vote Indiana.

Hey, eav! Indiana in all probability. It's an extremely difficult decision because I'm happy here and have had family friends who have relatives who are Seton Hall Law graduates share their experiences with me. It doesn't help that the school has sent me a lot of nice things over the past few weeks or that I received some nice SH sweaters, a hat, and a few polo shirts from family to celebrate my decision.

I really wish IU hadn't e-mailed me. I simply cannot turn IUB down at this point if superior job prospects and a better chance at a job that I'm looking for out of law school are my foremost concerns. :(

orangered

Postby orangered » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:13 am

DaRascal wrote:
Hey, eav! Indiana in all probability. It's an extremely difficult decision because I'm happy here and have had family friends who have relatives who are Seton Hall Law graduates share their experiences with me. It doesn't help that the school has sent me a lot of nice things over the past few weeks or that I received some nice SH sweaters, a hat, and a few polo shirts from family to celebrate my decision.

I really wish IU hadn't e-mailed me. I simply cannot turn IUB down at this point if superior job prospects and a better chance at a job that I'm looking for out of law school are my foremost concerns. :(

Hey DaRascal, I checked out some of your earlier posts and you seem like a really cool dude. Have you looked at the gender ratios at both schools? I noticed that Seton Hall is just about 50:50 males and females, but IUB is like 61:39 guys to girls. That means that at IUB the girls can afford to be picky since they have a lot of options (i.e., other guys). Statistically, at Seton Hall, a girl can't reject too many guys without risking not finding one at all. As another mid 20s single dude, I think this is an important concern that TLS doesn't give enough weight to. Sure IUB's biglaw placement is great, but what about their girlfriend placement?

DaRascal

Postby DaRascal » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:02 am

Well I don't know that I'd be interested in dating a law student. I'm more into the college age girls (18-21 range) and IU has plenty of those. SH's undergrad campus is a few towns over from Newark in South Orange and it's a small school to begin with. Is it taboo for a 25 year old to date someone in that range in Indiana? Who cares. 8)

eav1277

Postby eav1277 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:48 pm

DaRascal wrote:Well I don't know that I'd be interested in dating a law student. I'm more into the college age girls (18-21 range) and IU has plenty of those. SH's undergrad campus is a few towns over from Newark in South Orange and it's a small school to begin with. Is it taboo for a 25 year old to date someone in that range in Indiana? Who cares. 8)

I would stick w non law grad students or non law individuals in general. Don't rule out working people.

Law students are downers and focus on law school too much.

KMart

Postby KMart » Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:51 pm

DaRascal wrote:Well I don't know that I'd be interested in dating a law student. I'm more into the college age girls (18-21 range) and IU has plenty of those. SH's undergrad campus is a few towns over from Newark in South Orange and it's a small school to begin with.

This is how I determined where I would go to law school.

Username123

Postby Username123 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:15 pm

When you hear back from IU about the increased scholarship, please update. I received the same email and turned it down, but I am very interested to see how much more they would be willing to offer (I had just under a full ride ~ 95% covered). Good luck.

jbagelboy

Postby jbagelboy » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:51 pm

DaRascal wrote:Well I don't know that I'd be interested in dating a law student. I'm more into the college age girls (18-21 range) and IU has plenty of those. SH's undergrad campus is a few towns over from Newark in South Orange and it's a small school to begin with. Is it taboo for a 25 year old to date someone in that range in Indiana? Who cares. 8)

I can see you've really thought this through.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:07 pm

BigZuck wrote:I'm starting to suspect that the OP isn't actually sorry

+1 :o

Return to “Choosing a Law School”