UT Law Scholarship Questions

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Broncos15

UT Law Scholarship Questions

Postby Broncos15 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:37 pm

Hey,

Texas Resident here

I am a senior finishing up and if I get all A's with taking 11 hours in the summer and 16 in the the fall I can finish up with a 3.67 by December

Would I gain anything by taking a cheap community college extra courses to get more A's?

I would say not because myLSN doesn't seem to indicate any upwards movement......It seems there is hardly any differences in the 3.65-3.7 range......The only way I could get a 3.7 overall is I i took 12 additional hours ( which would be hard to fit in to the schedule listed above and of course by taking that many, I jeopardize getting a B),

Broncos15

Re: UT Law Scholarship Questions

Postby Broncos15 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:42 pm

Would I be any better off for scholarships being at median (3.68) than slightly below ( 3.67)?

or is the difference basically negligible and going to come down to the LSAT ( which i plan on taking after graduation)

If any slightly under median-UT applicants can chime in here

LSAT retaker here- committed to at least getting into UT so I would retake if denied

usn26

Postby usn26 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:20 pm

The difference is so minimal as to not be worth it. Sure, you could get to median, but what if the median rises by a hundredth of a point? Then your back under. Or maybe it drops a bit and you're at median without taking anything.

FloridaCoastalorbust

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:43 pm

Not worth it, at all. Use the time you would be investing in the 12 credits you mentioned to gain an extra 1 point on the LSAT. That will be far more valuable.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”