Tulane vs Arizona

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
BigZuck

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby BigZuck » Fri May 29, 2015 10:04 pm

Monster1776 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Traynor Brah wrote:lol

What happen

Realization that no one has any credible/worthwhile advice to give in regards to my question so went ahead and cleared everything.
Also went on a rant about how ridiculous your post was but whatever, no point.

But how will I ever be properly put in my place if I don't even get a chance to read the place putting?

Also, there were a ton of posts ITT that were directly responsive to your exact situation

ExBiglawAssociate

Postby ExBiglawAssociate » Sat May 30, 2015 12:03 am

Do not attend either of these schools. They are terrible.

Monster1776

Postby Monster1776 » Sat May 30, 2015 12:30 am

Last edited by Monster1776 on Sun May 31, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Sat May 30, 2015 1:01 am

Monster1776 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Monster1776 wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
Traynor Brah wrote:lol

What happen

Realization that no one has any credible/worthwhile advice to give in regards to my question so went ahead and cleared everything.
Also went on a rant about how ridiculous your post was but whatever, no point.

But how will I ever be properly put in my place if I don't even get a chance to read the place putting?

Also, there were a ton of posts ITT that were directly responsive to your exact situation

As I said, really not worth bothering with.

"Retake" and "neither" don't exactly help much in a "which is better" scenario.

K but the answer really is neither is better because neither make sense based on what you said

Can you at least do us a favor and retype your posts so that the next person who wants to be an international sports agent and is considering rando regional schools can understand how poor of a decision that is? We're trying to help people achieve their career goals and put themselves in the best possible position as far as law school is concerned and you're kind of impeding that right now.

Monster1776

Postby Monster1776 » Sat May 30, 2015 1:08 am

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Sat May 30, 2015 1:23 am

BigZuck wrote:Mediocre numbers, rando state schools, NOT GONNA RETAKE, wants BIG SPORTS INTERNATIONAL AGENCY LAWS, rolling in family dough, back up plan is better than most people's front up plan, claims there are skillz to be learned from the big lawz, guaranteed job as a sports agent no matter what. It's like every choosing thread stereotype rolled into one.

I wonder why that is?

FMP

You were initially talking about things like going to a school in Louisiana or Arizona to try and get a job in CA, but now you're destined to be the next Scott Boras no matter what

Just go wherever you feel like. You've got money falling out of your butt and it literally doesn't matter what you do because you're going to get your dream job anyway. Asking a group of E-strangers where you should attend law school when they have to think about things like cost-benefit and job placement and literally none of that stuff applies to you shows some really poor judgment on your part IMO. The fact that you wouldn't just go wherever you would be happiest is beyond bizarre.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Sat May 30, 2015 1:27 am

At least the thread can be helpful for future posters to whom the normal rules/trappings of life don't apply. When it literally doesn't matter what choice you make because every one will be the right one and you'll get exactly where you want to go no matter what, just do what makes you happy.

Y
O
L
O

Monster1776

Postby Monster1776 » Sat May 30, 2015 1:57 am

Last edited by Monster1776 on Sun May 31, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Monster1776

Postby Monster1776 » Sat May 30, 2015 2:07 am

Last edited by Monster1776 on Sun May 31, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Sat May 30, 2015 2:17 am

I don't go to a T14

I still don't get what you're hoping to find. Both schools are extremely poor for your stated career goals. There are schools that are somewhat more aligned (but being a sports agent almost certainly ain't happening no matter what). People tried to steer you toward those schools. You don't care. You want to know things like should you go to Tulane because of its sports law program. No, you shouldn't, that doesn't mean anything. Programs that schools offer by and large are meaningless. If your path is preordained then it literally doesn't matter what you chose. You need to be thinking about things like "Do I prefer enchiladas or gumbo?" Those are the actual questions you should be asking. Do you seriously need posters on a site called www.toplawschools.com to tell you what you should or do prefer when it comes to food?

If you're asking things like "Should I go to Tulane for their sports law program?" you're already way, way, way off track. People were trying to get you back on track.

There are people on TLS with sports law experience, you can probably find what they have to say fairly easily with a simple site search. Leigh Steinberg came and spoke to my school last year. Do you really want me to share what he had to say? I'm not sure you'd like to hear it but I'll be happy to if that's what you're really looking for.

Monster1776

Postby Monster1776 » Sat May 30, 2015 2:34 am

Last edited by Monster1776 on Sun May 31, 2015 3:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ExBiglawAssociate

Postby ExBiglawAssociate » Sat May 30, 2015 9:28 am

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2 ... of-lawyers

There are too many law schools. There have always been too many law schools. Only the top law schools give you a good shot at getting a job. Tulane and Arizona are not top law schools.

Doing almost anything other than paying to go to Tulane or Arizona would be a better use of your money. Just buy a fucking food truck or something that at least has a chance of giving you a return on your investment. You're going to be a barista after you graduate from Tulane or Arizona.

SquedTheScholar

Postby SquedTheScholar » Sat May 30, 2015 10:33 am

RETAKE

Monster1776

Postby Monster1776 » Sat May 30, 2015 12:40 pm

Biglaw_Associate_V20 wrote:http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-12-22/americas-chronic-surplus-of-lawyers

There are too many law schools. There have always been too many law schools. Only the top law schools give you a good shot at getting a job. Tulane and Arizona are not top law schools.

Doing almost anything other than paying to go to Tulane or Arizona would be a better use of your money. Just buy a fucking food truck or something that at least has a chance of giving you a return on your investment. You're going to be a barista after you graduate from Tulane or Arizona.

Yes, yes. I've read the stats, heard the stories, and have seen the horror of associates branching off to try and start their own firm yet crashing and burning. Fortunately my unique circumstances guarantee me a legal job once I get out; one that has as much if not more potential than most associate positions in NYC. I'll be fine. But hey worst case scenario I'll be able to learn how to make a bitchen mocha latte'.

Monster1776

Postby Monster1776 » Sat May 30, 2015 12:46 pm

ExBiglawAssociate

Postby ExBiglawAssociate » Sat May 30, 2015 2:00 pm

Monster1776 wrote:
Biglaw_Associate_V20 wrote:http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2014-12-22/americas-chronic-surplus-of-lawyers

Yes, yes. I've read the stats, heard the stories, and have seen the horror of associates branching off to try and start their own firm yet crashing and burning. Fortunately my unique circumstances guarantee me a legal job once I get out; one that has as much if not more potential than most associate positions in NYC. I'll be fine. But hey worst case scenario I'll be able to learn how to make a bitchen mocha latte'.

Why are you still posting here? You've already made up your mind that you want to throw your money away. Just go do it and leave the rest of us alone.

Monster1776

Postby Monster1776 » Sat May 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Biglaw_Associate_V20 wrote:
Monster1776 wrote:

Why are you still posting here? You've already made up your mind that you want to throw your money away. Just go do it and leave the rest of us alone.

I could ask you same thing, seems you've already stated your opinion that's rather rigid, what's your point in still posting here? And I see it as a wise investment, whether it pays out or not remains to be seen; but I like the odds.

ExBiglawAssociate

Postby ExBiglawAssociate » Sat May 30, 2015 2:37 pm

It's a dumb investment and you are going to waste a ton of time and become a nobody. Only people who are extremely smart and work their asses off make it in law, and that is obviously not you.

The key point you are missing is that law school does not prepare you for anything. This is why hiring in law is primarily focused on objective indicia of your intelligence, like the quality of your law school and your law school grades, rather than your demonstrated ability to actually DO anything relevant to the legal profession. If you are really smart and hard working, you could make it in law. But then again, if you are really smart and hard working, you could have made it in other things (and probably had a better work/life balance and made more money too).

The ONLY reason to go to law school is if you really really want to become a lawyer, and someone like you who is just doing it for the shit of it because you have nothing else to do (and couple that with the fact that you are too lazy to retake the LSAT) is certainly not someone who really wants to be a lawyer and is willing to work for it. You are going to start down the path and, at some point, inevitably give up, having wasted years of your life and lots of money.
Last edited by ExBiglawAssociate on Sat May 30, 2015 2:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Sat May 30, 2015 2:42 pm

Remember
Everyone,
This
A******
Knows
Everything
Last edited by Kinky John on Sat May 30, 2015 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Monster1776

Postby Monster1776 » Sat May 30, 2015 2:43 pm

Last edited by Monster1776 on Sun May 31, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ExBiglawAssociate

Postby ExBiglawAssociate » Sat May 30, 2015 2:44 pm

Are you not familiar with the concept of opportunity cost?

Monster1776

Postby Monster1776 » Sat May 30, 2015 2:46 pm

Last edited by Monster1776 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kinky John

Postby Kinky John » Sat May 30, 2015 2:47 pm

Monster1776 wrote:
Kinky John wrote:Remember
Everyone,
This
A******
Knows
Everything

Kudos for the creative formatting.

Thanks, it took me longer to think up than I care to admit.

Any chance we can convince you otherwise?

Monster1776

Postby Monster1776 » Sat May 30, 2015 2:47 pm

Last edited by Monster1776 on Sun May 31, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ExBiglawAssociate

Postby ExBiglawAssociate » Sat May 30, 2015 2:49 pm

Monster1776 wrote:
Biglaw_Associate_V20 wrote:Are you not familiar with the concept of opportunity cost?

Are you not familiar with the concept of being wrong lol?

Actually, you should go to law school. You'll do great. Enjoy!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”