Tulane vs Arizona

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Monster1776
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Tulane vs Arizona

Postby Monster1776 » Thu May 28, 2015 3:32 pm

.
Last edited by Monster1776 on Fri May 29, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

JOThompson
Posts: 1311
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby JOThompson » Thu May 28, 2015 6:35 pm

Easy choice in my opinion -- Arizona. If you accept Tulane but somehow don't end up in the top 50%, the cost of attendance is going to be much heavier. Everyone thinks that they'll be above median, but it can be easier said than done. I wouldn't risk it, especially since you prefer to work in California/Arizona instead of Tulane.

Money aside, your goals are a better match for Arizona. Both your schools are regional. Don't attend Tulane unless you would be comfortable spending the first few years of your career in Louisiana or the south.

A.Taarabt7
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby A.Taarabt7 » Thu May 28, 2015 6:43 pm

I would avoid the University of Arizona at all costs. IF you can, please retake. If you improve by 4 points your law school situation changes drastically. If not, then head to Tulane.

Monster1776
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby Monster1776 » Thu May 28, 2015 6:47 pm

.
Last edited by Monster1776 on Fri May 29, 2015 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monster1776
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby Monster1776 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:17 pm

.
Last edited by Monster1776 on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Traynor Brah
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:23 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby Traynor Brah » Thu May 28, 2015 7:34 pm

Your goals are entirely unreasonable and are simply not going to happen from one of these schools.

If you don't believe your "safety" option is something you would seriously enjoy, run away.

A.Taarabt7
Posts: 221
Joined: Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:45 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby A.Taarabt7 » Thu May 28, 2015 7:53 pm

Monster1776 wrote:
A.Taarabt7 wrote:I would avoid the University of Arizona at all costs. IF you can, please retake. If you improve by 4 points your law school situation changes drastically. If not, then head to Tulane.


Why would you say avoid Arizona at all costs? You're the first person I've heard have negative views of the school.

And it's June, bit late for retaking lol. And there's really very little to no reason to put off law school for a year to shoot for T14 anyways.


When I say retake I mean start studying for the October exam and apply next cycle. If you improve by 4 points your situation changes drastically. I am not joking about your situation changing drastically with a 4 point increase. It'll be a night and day difference. In the eyes of admissions, you're a completely new candidate to them with an improved score.

Moreover, I say reject Arizona because the Arizona legal market is tiny, not worth sticker price, and the University of Arizona also has some pretty high unemployment. With a 164 you can get into some really strong regional schools with $$. You probably slip into some top 20 schools with a 164 via the Waitlist. And, if you're a URM with a 164 you can get into top 20 schools with some scholarship money too. I said avoid UofA because of the unemployment, poor job prospects, desert environment, Tucson, and because the school isn't that great. Stereotyped as a huge party school where people care more about partying then going to class. I wouldn't have any pride telling people I graduated from the UofA. They probably already stereotype you as a some huge partier. If you truly want to be in phoenix go to ASU then. With a 164 you can probably get scholarship money there as well.

Monster1776
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby Monster1776 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:04 pm

.
Last edited by Monster1776 on Fri May 29, 2015 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Randolph McDuff
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Thu May 28, 2015 8:39 pm

A.Taarabt7 wrote:
Monster1776 wrote:
A.Taarabt7 wrote:I would avoid the University of Arizona at all costs. IF you can, please retake. If you improve by 4 points your law school situation changes drastically. If not, then head to Tulane.


Why would you say avoid Arizona at all costs? You're the first person I've heard have negative views of the school.

And it's June, bit late for retaking lol. And there's really very little to no reason to put off law school for a year to shoot for T14 anyways.


When I say retake I mean start studying for the October exam and apply next cycle. If you improve by 4 points your situation changes drastically. I am not joking about your situation changing drastically with a 4 point increase. It'll be a night and day difference. In the eyes of admissions, you're a completely new candidate to them with an improved score.


Moreover, I say reject Arizona because the Arizona legal market is tiny, not worth sticker price, and the University of Arizona also has some pretty high unemployment. With a 164 you can get into some really strong regional schools with $$. You probably slip into some top 20 schools with a 164 via the Waitlist. And, if you're a URM with a 164 you can get into top 20 schools with some scholarship money too. I said avoid UofA because of the unemployment, poor job prospects, desert environment, Tucson, and because the school isn't that great. Stereotyped as a huge party school where people care more about partying then going to class. I wouldn't have any pride telling people I graduated from the UofA. They probably already stereotype you as a some huge partier. If you truly want to be in phoenix go to ASU then. With a 164 you can probably get scholarship money there as well.


Going to the University of Arizona LAW SCHOOL would lead to stereotyping about being a huge "partier??" Retake this post.

Monster1776
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby Monster1776 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:46 pm

.
Last edited by Monster1776 on Fri May 29, 2015 12:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2257
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu May 28, 2015 8:51 pm

A.Taarabt7 wrote:I would avoid the University of Arizona at all costs. please retake. If you improve by 4 points your law school situation changes drastically. If not, then head to Tulane.

User avatar
BasilHallward
Posts: 424
Joined: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:19 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby BasilHallward » Thu May 28, 2015 10:26 pm

Neither. Tulane is costly with that scholarship and the stipulation is ridiculous. Are you okay with staying in New Orleans???

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby 071816 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:27 pm

retake

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22869
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Thu May 28, 2015 11:01 pm

A.Taarabt7 wrote:I said avoid UofA because of the unemployment, poor job prospects, desert environment, Tucson, and because the school isn't that great. Stereotyped as a huge party school where people care more about partying then going to class. I wouldn't have any pride telling people I graduated from the UofA. They probably already stereotype you as a some huge partier. If you truly want to be in phoenix go to ASU then. With a 164 you can probably get scholarship money there as well.

lol. ASU and U of A are basically the same school.

Monster1776
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby Monster1776 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:26 pm

.
Last edited by Monster1776 on Fri May 29, 2015 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monster1776
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby Monster1776 » Thu May 28, 2015 11:28 pm

.
Last edited by Monster1776 on Sun May 31, 2015 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby 071816 » Fri May 29, 2015 12:20 am

Monster1776 wrote:Just to reiterate, I won't be retaking no matter the circumstance. Tuition is paid for and I have a career path lined up at graduation. Key concerns are quality of life for the next 3 years and the connections/potential trade skills I'll pick up from a Big Law gig to apply to my family's own firm. Going to a T-14 has little benefit for me over immediately going into law school.

RETAKE

BigZuck
Posts: 10875
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby BigZuck » Fri May 29, 2015 12:32 am

Mediocre numbers, rando state schools, NOT GONNA RETAKE, wants BIG SPORTS INTERNATIONAL AGENCY LAWS, rolling in family dough, back up plan is better than most people's front up plan, claims there are skillz to be learned from the big lawz. It's like every choosing thread stereotype rolled into one.

I wonder why that is?

Nomo
Posts: 700
Joined: Thu Feb 27, 2014 2:06 am

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby Nomo » Fri May 29, 2015 2:31 am

If you go to either of these schools there is a 90% chance that you're best option coming out is going to be your family firm. So I'd just take the cheaper option.

Monster1776
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby Monster1776 » Fri May 29, 2015 11:13 am

.
Last edited by Monster1776 on Fri May 29, 2015 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Traynor Brah
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:23 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby Traynor Brah » Fri May 29, 2015 11:25 am

lol

BigZuck
Posts: 10875
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:53 am

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby BigZuck » Fri May 29, 2015 2:13 pm

Traynor Brah wrote:lol

What happen

071816
Posts: 5511
Joined: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby 071816 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:15 pm

Monster1776 wrote:.

RETAKE

Monster1776
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby Monster1776 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:41 pm

.
Last edited by Monster1776 on Sun May 31, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Monster1776
Posts: 62
Joined: Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: Tulane vs Arizona

Postby Monster1776 » Fri May 29, 2015 2:42 pm

.
Last edited by Monster1776 on Sun May 31, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 3 guests