Michigan ($$) vs. NYU (sticker)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Michigan ($$) vs. NYU (sticker)

Michigan ($$)
88%
NYU (sticker)
12%

Total votes: 26

CanadianWolf

Re: Michigan ($$) vs. NYU (sticker)

Postby CanadianWolf » Fri May 22, 2015 11:17 am

Did you apply to Cornell ?

Kirk90

Postby Kirk90 » Fri May 22, 2015 11:29 am

CanadianWolf wrote:Did you apply to Cornell ?

Nope

Kirk90

Postby Kirk90 » Fri May 22, 2015 11:39 am

ILoveYou wrote:You can definitely still negotiate with most schools after deposit deadlines (not sure about NYU specifically--sorry!)

I kinda doubt NYU would match your Michigan offer, but I could see it being worth a bump. I think if you can get that price tag at NYU under $200k it becomes a much more attractive option. Then again, if you can use an increased NYU offer to get Michigan to bump you up and bring the COA below $100k, I would still say take that.

Wow, I didn't even think of that!

Would you suggest giving NYU a number I feel comfortable with, or should I just express financial concerns and present Michigan's offer and hope for the best?

ILoveYou

Postby ILoveYou » Fri May 22, 2015 1:38 pm

Kirk90 wrote:
ILoveYou wrote:You can definitely still negotiate with most schools after deposit deadlines (not sure about NYU specifically--sorry!)

I kinda doubt NYU would match your Michigan offer, but I could see it being worth a bump. I think if you can get that price tag at NYU under $200k it becomes a much more attractive option. Then again, if you can use an increased NYU offer to get Michigan to bump you up and bring the COA below $100k, I would still say take that.

Wow, I didn't even think of that!

Would you suggest giving NYU a number I feel comfortable with, or should I just express financial concerns and present Michigan's offer and hope for the best?

I wouldn't give them a number. That seems off putting to me. Just tell them you're very interested in attending, but have financial concerns, and present Michigan's offer with a request that they reconsider theirs.

Good luck!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”