Cardozo vs Brooklyn

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

BLS or Cardozo?

BLS
No votes
Cardozo
100%

Total votes: 7

mrico612

Cardozo vs Brooklyn

Postby mrico612 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:26 pm

I've seen similar posts on these two in the past but I could use something a little fresher, hopefully with feedback from some current/former students who struggled with the same decision. I have full scholarship offers from both schools. I will be commuting from Long Island, with roughly 1.5 hours to each destination (a little shorter to Brooklyn). I have been to the ASD events for both schools and could see myself as a student at each which is why I think I'm having so much trouble. I like the location and larger variety of clinics BLS has to offer over Cardozo, but Cardozo seemed to have a little more polish in terms of academics and the student body itself. I've heard that Brooklyn has been going downhill in recent years while Cardozo's reputation is holding steady, maybe even improving a little.

Does anyone have any advice as to why you chose one over the other or what the current general consensus is in the legal community regarding each? My career goals are to either become a judge or start in big law after graduation and see where that takes me. I would like to have this decision made by June 1st when the next round of seat deposits are due so any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you everyone.

OhBoyOhBortles

Re: Cardozo vs Brooklyn

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Wed May 20, 2015 4:28 pm

In order to receive the best feedback in this forum, please provide as much of the following information in your original post as possible:

-The schools you are considering
-The total Cost of Attendance (COA) of each. COA = cost of tuition + fees + books + cost of living (COL) + accumulated interest - scholarships. Here is a helpful calculator.
-How you will be financing your COA, i.e. loans, family, or savings
-Where you are from and where you want to work, and other places where you have significant ties (if any)
-Your general career goals
-Your LSAT/GPA numbers
-How many times you have taken the LSAT

usn26

Postby usn26 » Wed May 20, 2015 4:30 pm

mrico612 wrote:My career goals are to either become a judge or start in big law after graduation and see where that takes me.

Do you have a plan B?

usn26

Postby usn26 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:02 pm

OhBoyOhBortles wrote:In order to receive the best feedback in this forum, please provide as much of the following information in your original post as possible:

-The schools you are considering
-The total Cost of Attendance (COA) of each. COA = cost of tuition + fees + books + cost of living (COL) + accumulated interest - scholarships. Here is a helpful calculator.
-How you will be financing your COA, i.e. loans, family, or savings
-Where you are from and where you want to work, and other places where you have significant ties (if any)
-Your general career goals
-Your LSAT/GPA numbers
-How many times you have taken the LSAT

We really should add undergrad debt to this list.

FirmBiz

Postby FirmBiz » Wed May 20, 2015 8:25 pm

mrico612 wrote:I've seen similar posts on these two in the past but I could use something a little fresher, hopefully with feedback from some current/former students who struggled with the same decision. I have full scholarship offers from both schools. I will be commuting from Long Island, with roughly 1.5 hours to each destination (a little shorter to Brooklyn). I have been to the ASD events for both schools and could see myself as a student at each which is why I think I'm having so much trouble. I like the location and larger variety of clinics BLS has to offer over Cardozo, but Cardozo seemed to have a little more polish in terms of academics and the student body itself. I've heard that Brooklyn has been going downhill in recent years while Cardozo's reputation is holding steady, maybe even improving a little.

Does anyone have any advice as to why you chose one over the other or what the current general consensus is in the legal community regarding each? My career goals are to either become a judge or start in big law after graduation and see where that takes me. I would like to have this decision made by June 1st when the next round of seat deposits are due so any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you everyone.

I had similar choices, deposited at both and then withdrew from Brooklyn. I feel more confident in the education I will receive at cardozo and their course listing fits a lot of what I was interested in and they had some stuff that I wouldn't have been able to take at Brooklyn.

What is your financial situation? COA for both? Thats what it really comes down to and your feel.

Employment is pretty much the same at both, Brooklyn seems a bit more financially feasible because they have the lower tuition of the two. However their financial aid process is the most ridiculous I've ever seen and they seem a bit stingy.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”