Pepperdine Vs. Loyola Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
nataliesta

New

Re: Pepperdine Vs. Loyola

Post by nataliesta » Tue May 12, 2015 2:49 pm

usn26 wrote:Taking time off blows, but it can be incredibly rewarding. Law school is a risky proposition anywhere, but especially places like these. If you have the capacity to do better (which you almost certainly do) you owe it to yourself to take the time to get this right.
Yes, taking time off does blow lol. Taking a year off wasn't even crossing my mind until I wrote here.

usn26

Silver

Post by usn26 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:56 pm

nataliesta wrote:
usn26 wrote:Taking time off blows, but it can be incredibly rewarding. Law school is a risky proposition anywhere, but especially places like these. If you have the capacity to do better (which you almost certainly do) you owe it to yourself to take the time to get this right.
Yes, taking time off does blow lol. Taking a year off wasn't even crossing my mind until I wrote here.
Yeah, well ditto. And then I ended up getting twice as much money from Georgetown and Northwestern than I had at Pitt and Colorado when I came to TLS. So I got over it. :lol:

nlee10

Gold

Post by nlee10 » Tue May 12, 2015 2:59 pm

nataliesta wrote: His LSAT was a 158, and no he isn't an URM. Poli Sci degree from UCLA.
Well at this point, it could be an array of factors but ultimately I don't have anymore answers lol.
Could be a difference in his softs/work experience/when he submitted/etc.

Regardless, good luck with your decision choosing between the two schools or retaking.
usn26 wrote: I think it was a 158...
How did I not see that? lmao.

nataliesta

New

Post by nataliesta » Tue May 12, 2015 3:01 pm

nlee10 wrote:
nataliesta wrote: His LSAT was a 158, and no he isn't an URM. Poli Sci degree from UCLA.
Well at this point, it could be an array of factors but ultimately I don't have anymore answers lol.
Could be a difference in his softs/work experience/when he submitted/etc.

Regardless, good luck with your decision choosing between the two schools or retaking.
usn26 wrote: I think it was a 158...
How did I not see that? lmao.

Thank you, I really appreciate your advice! :)

Platinum

Post by 071816 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:04 pm

op, did you ever answer the question of what your undergrad major was? not sure if there is such a thing as being IP SECURE from Loyola or Pepperdine, but if you have a hard sciences undergrad major and want to pursue patent work the job search may be easier for you.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

downbeat14

Silver

Post by downbeat14 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:07 pm

OP, sorry but with your GPA you need to retake and reapply and make studying for the LSAT your full time priority. These are terrible options for your GPA. You could get scholarships at USC/UCLA with that GPA and 5 more points on the LSAT. The test is learnable with the correct study methods (see the guides on here and the LSAT forums).

nataliesta

New

Post by nataliesta » Tue May 12, 2015 3:10 pm

chimp wrote:op, did you ever answer the question of what your undergrad major was? not sure if there is such a thing as being IP SECURE from Loyola or Pepperdine, but if you have a hard sciences undergrad major and want to pursue patent work the job search may be easier for you.

My undergrad is in Psychology -_- lol. But I have taken several upper division science courses so I can always go back and complete whats left of the required once I'm sure patent is what I want to pursue.

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:15 pm

If you don't mind probably making between 45-60K starting doing the types of small law that graduates of Loyola do, Loyola for 20K in debt is not a bad deal. You'll have to largely give up the hope of working at a large law firm, federal clerkship, federal government, that sort of thing.

usn26

Silver

Post by usn26 » Tue May 12, 2015 3:23 pm

timbs4339 wrote:If you don't mind probably making between 45-60K starting doing the types of small law that graduates of Loyola do, Loyola for 20K in debt is not a bad deal. You'll have to largely give up the hope of working at a large law firm, federal clerkship, federal government, that sort of thing.
And if you're comfortable going to a school where only 3/5 students get a job. Not saying you won't be one of them, but yikes.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”