Chicago (Rubenstein) vs. Harvard Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
lawschoolapplicant12

New

Chicago (Rubenstein) vs. Harvard

Post by lawschoolapplicant12 » Sat May 09, 2015 7:44 pm

Last edited by lawschoolapplicant12 on Sat May 09, 2015 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Clearly

Gold

Re: Chicago (Rubenstein) vs. Harvard

Post by Clearly » Sat May 09, 2015 7:55 pm

Ruby and its not even close. Almost all of the things you wrote either don't matter or aren't true.

WheninLaw

Silver

Post by WheninLaw » Sat May 09, 2015 8:09 pm

lawschoolapplicant12 wrote:I am presently a senior undergraduate student who will be attending either Chicago (with Rubenstein) or Harvard (at sticker price) next year. I am looking to ultimately go into politics, probably after spending a number of years in a law firm. Obviously, taking the full ride at Chicago is the easier choice, because I would graduate debt free. Still, the networking at Harvard is likely to be better, owing the larger and more experienced student body, which could offer benefits down the road. There is also a prestige that goes along with an HLS degree that I do not want to give up, and the quality of education would probably be better. I also expect that I would intellectually enjoy Harvard more because the school is somewhat less competitive than Chicago due to the unique way in which grading works. In terms of location, I prefer Cambridge than Chicago, though I will probably end up working at a law firm in New York or DC either way. I would have to pay for HLS mostly with loans. What would your decision depend on if you were in my position, or do you think the right choice is obvious? Thanks.
It's actually kind of scary how little of a clue you have.

edit: this is a troll right? I got bamboozled.

bearsfan23

Gold

Post by bearsfan23 » Sat May 09, 2015 8:48 pm

Go to Harvard

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Sat May 09, 2015 8:50 pm

If you want to go into politics don't go to a professional school for three years for a separate career. Just because ron paul is a doctor doesn't mean you should become a doctor first.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

RunnerRunner

Bronze

Post by RunnerRunner » Sat May 09, 2015 8:51 pm

WheninLaw wrote:
lawschoolapplicant12 wrote:I am presently a senior undergraduate student who will be attending either Chicago (with Rubenstein) or Harvard (at sticker price) next year. I am looking to ultimately go into politics, probably after spending a number of years in a law firm. Obviously, taking the full ride at Chicago is the easier choice, because I would graduate debt free. Still, the networking at Harvard is likely to be better, owing the larger and more experienced student body, which could offer benefits down the road. There is also a prestige that goes along with an HLS degree that I do not want to give up, and the quality of education would probably be better. I also expect that I would intellectually enjoy Harvard more because the school is somewhat less competitive than Chicago due to the unique way in which grading works. In terms of location, I prefer Cambridge than Chicago, though I will probably end up working at a law firm in New York or DC either way. I would have to pay for HLS mostly with loans. What would your decision depend on if you were in my position, or do you think the right choice is obvious? Thanks.
It's actually kind of scary how little of a clue you have.

edit: this is a troll right? I got bamboozled.
Must be: deposit deadline for HLS already passed (probs for Chicago too, just don't know it off the top of my head). If you're real and did some kind of double deposit thing OP you should go with the Ruby.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Sat May 09, 2015 8:54 pm

Ruby and it's not even close.

jbagelboy

Diamond

Post by jbagelboy » Sat May 09, 2015 9:19 pm

Rubenstein.

What makes you think your education would be better at one school than the other.

Mack.Hambleton

Platinum

Post by Mack.Hambleton » Sat May 09, 2015 9:25 pm

yeah i think these two deadlines were april 15th and may 1st..

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”