Emory vs Vanderbilt

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which school should I attend

Emory.
33%
Vanderbilt
67%

Total votes: 24

starry eyed

Re: Emory vs Vanderbilt

Postby starry eyed » Thu May 14, 2015 1:50 pm

adil91 wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:If you want to work for Emory university seems like a good call

?

Mack was just cleverly saying that like 30% of emory grads end up working for the school

TasmanianToucan

Postby TasmanianToucan » Thu May 14, 2015 1:52 pm

adil91 wrote:I just had a discussion with my dad. He thinks Emory is the right call here. He basically said he'd pay for the entire cost of Emory if I went there. I spoke to an attorney who is a partner of a small law firm, and I honestly liked the type of work he was doing. I just don't want to work in shitlaw but I wouldn't mind working for a small firm that does criminal defense or business law. Is Emory a no-brainer now or what?

It's fun to gamble with other peoples' money!

Seriously though, with no debt you have a much larger margin for error. If the choice is now Emory for free (for you) or Vandy for debt, Emory seems obvious.

That said, when people give you money they start thinking they should have a say in what you do with it. That sort of personal consideration is outside of my bailiwick, but might be something to consider.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Thu May 14, 2015 1:53 pm

adil91 wrote:I just had a discussion with my dad. He thinks Emory is the right call here. He basically said he'd pay for the entire cost of Emory if I went there. I spoke to an attorney who is a partner of a small law firm, and I honestly liked the type of work he was doing. I just don't want to work in shitlaw but I wouldn't mind working for a small firm that does criminal defense or business law. Is Emory a no-brainer now or what?

Yeah, that seems to make Emory the clear choice. Emory for free for someone who wants to work in GA is a great outcome.

adil91

Postby adil91 » Thu May 14, 2015 1:54 pm

starry eyed wrote:
adil91 wrote:
Mack.Hambleton wrote:If you want to work for Emory university seems like a good call

?

Mack was just cleverly saying that like 30% of emory grads end up working for the school

It wasn't very clever plus it's more like 20% and Vandy also has school funded jobs around 11% of the class

starry eyed

Postby starry eyed » Thu May 14, 2015 1:55 pm

adil91 wrote:
starry eyed wrote:
adil91 wrote:

?

It wasn't very clever plus it's more like 20% and Vandy also has school funded jobs around 11% of the class

yes i was joking, no one thinks mack is clever

Winston1984

Postby Winston1984 » Thu May 14, 2015 2:11 pm

starry eyed wrote:
adil91 wrote:
starry eyed wrote:
adil91 wrote:

?

I lawled.

usn26

Postby usn26 » Thu May 14, 2015 3:29 pm

starry eyed wrote:
adil91 wrote:
starry eyed wrote:
adil91 wrote:

?

:lol:

Mack.Hambleton

Postby Mack.Hambleton » Thu May 14, 2015 3:49 pm

im a fucking comedic genius

rolltidebama

Postby rolltidebama » Mon May 18, 2015 11:45 am

Last edited by rolltidebama on Mon May 25, 2015 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Mon May 18, 2015 11:48 am

rolltidebama wrote:Forgive me if this is the wrong thread to post in...Looking for some general advice

I am going into my senior year at Alabama and have registered for the June LSAT...a few weeks away.

With that being said, I have only been studying for the past month or so, not optimal time. I am from Atlanta and my target schools are [b]Emory or Vanderbilt with UGA, GAState, and Bama as backups.

I have a 3.75 GPA double majoring in history and economics in the honors college and good extracurriculars( D.C. Senate internship, University Ambassador, Economics TA, Student Mentor, etc...). I have taken a few practice LSATS and am scoring in the mid-high 160s.

My question is, considering the above schools: with my GPA, and assuming I can score 165+ in June should I take the June LSAT or opt out and wait until October. I am confident that with a few more months of studying a 170+ would be very possible.

Lastly, would it be a good idea to go ahead and take June and then retake in October if needed? How to admissions look at two LSAT attempts within a few months?

Thanks

Definitely the wrong thread. You should create a new thread.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”