Fordham (sticker) vs Cardozo ($$$$) vs Seton Hall ($$)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which school would you choose?

Cardozo $$$$
11
61%
Seton Hall $$
4
22%
Fordham - sticker price
3
17%
 
Total votes: 18

mm1989
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed May 06, 2015 2:33 am

Fordham (sticker) vs Cardozo ($$$$) vs Seton Hall ($$)

Postby mm1989 » Wed May 06, 2015 3:22 am

I received a 50k/yr scholarship from Cardozo, a 35k/yr scholarship from Seton Hall and would have no scholarship from Fordham. I am interested in studying International Law or Corporate Law and would like to work in NYC.

COA for Cardozo would be 300k - 150k = 150k over three years
COA for Seton Hall would be 270k - 75k = 195k over three years
COA for Fordham would be 300k over three years

From a financial perspective i'm leaning towards the offer from Cardozo or trying to leverage Seton Hall for an increase in scholarship, however the employment statistics at Fordham make me wonder if i'm not thinking long term.

Class of 2014 statistics from LST:
Jobs Data:
Fordham-67.8% in full time/long term legal jobs (74% when you include school funded jobs)-83% overall full time employment
Seton Hall-72.3% in full time/long term legal jobs -90% overall full time employment
Cardozo-56.6% in full time/long term legal jobs (60.7% when you include school funded jobs)-73% overall full time employment

Class of 2013 statistics from LST:
Salary Data (Private Sector)- 25%/50%/75%/Mean
Fordham - 83k/160k/160k/127k
Seton Hall - 65k/100k/145k/104k
Cardozo - (does not disclose full salary data) according to US News 50% = 83k

TheDogWhisperer
Posts: 47
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:55 pm

Re: Fordham (sticker) vs Cardozo ($$$$) vs Seton Hall ($$)

Postby TheDogWhisperer » Wed May 06, 2015 5:03 am

none of fhis options are viable unless they come in at less than 75k coa total IMO at most

User avatar
BrazilBandit
Posts: 297
Joined: Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:33 pm

Re: Fordham (sticker) vs Cardozo ($$$$) vs Seton Hall ($$)

Postby BrazilBandit » Wed May 06, 2015 6:45 am

What's your GPA and LSAT? None of these options are good enough...

User avatar
PeanutsNJam
Posts: 3699
Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Re: Fordham (sticker) vs Cardozo ($$$$) vs Seton Hall ($$)

Postby PeanutsNJam » Wed May 06, 2015 7:32 am

Your COA calculations are wrong. 300k includes interest over 3 years. Your debt at repayment with 150k scholarship is significantly less than 300k - 150k.

Unless you plan to take out around 40k in loans/year just for living costs.

Private sector salary data is useless without also knowing the % of grads who land jobs in the private sector.

You probably got all the stats based LSAT questions wrong, huh.

Of these 3 choices, Cardozo.

User avatar
OhBoyOhBortles
Posts: 2257
Joined: Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:01 am

Re: Fordham (sticker) vs Cardozo ($$$$) vs Seton Hall ($$)

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Wed May 06, 2015 7:36 am

BrazilBandit wrote:What's your GPA and LSAT? None of these options are good enough...

dixiecupdrinking
Posts: 3142
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Re: Fordham (sticker) vs Cardozo ($$$$) vs Seton Hall ($$)

Postby dixiecupdrinking » Wed May 06, 2015 7:57 am

Don't take this personally, but it sounds like you need to do a LOT more research about what your realistic outcomes are here.

You won't do international law from these schools. You won't do "corporate" law either, which is almost exclusively done by big law firms, where these schools don't place well.

Fordham gives you the best shot at these goals but it's not a good one, and that is too much money to borrow.

To be blunt, you have T14 aspirations and T50 (generously) options.

User avatar
DaRascal
Posts: 1854
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Re: Fordham (sticker) vs Cardozo ($$$$) vs Seton Hall ($$)

Postby DaRascal » Wed May 06, 2015 8:05 am

Seton Hall, my g. 8)

Traynor Brah
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:23 pm

Re: Fordham (sticker) vs Cardozo ($$$$) vs Seton Hall ($$)

Postby Traynor Brah » Wed May 06, 2015 8:15 am

dixiecupdrinking wrote:Don't take this personally, but it sounds like you need to do a LOT more research about what your realistic outcomes are here.

Don't do this OP. +1 to everything in this thread but DaRascal (who is a noted troll)

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Fordham (sticker) vs Cardozo ($$$$) vs Seton Hall ($$)

Postby Kinky John » Wed May 06, 2015 8:55 am

Is it just me or does 35 * 3 = 105?

User avatar
usn26
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Re: Fordham (sticker) vs Cardozo ($$$$) vs Seton Hall ($$)

Postby usn26 » Wed May 06, 2015 10:16 am

Run away OP. Three pairs of Bad Idea Jeans here.

User avatar
TasmanianToucan
Posts: 574
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:16 am

Re: Fordham (sticker) vs Cardozo ($$$$) vs Seton Hall ($$)

Postby TasmanianToucan » Wed May 06, 2015 10:42 am

You need to be more realistic about your expectations here. Seton Hall does not place well in either big law or NY, and certainly not both. Cardozo's outcomes do not justify three years spent there, never mind any money at all. Fordham at sticker meets the perfect definition of what Paul Campos calls "trap schools." Look it up!

Please understand that no one here is trying to be mean. BSing you with sunshine up the pooper only to have you crash and burn in three years (mixing metaphors like crazy here) would actually be mean.

Baltimore0924
Posts: 10
Joined: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:27 pm

Re: Fordham (sticker) vs Cardozo ($$$$) vs Seton Hall ($$)

Postby Baltimore0924 » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:09 pm

None of these are good options. To be honest, I'd rather go to a lower ranked school and graduate with no debt. At least you have an option to do what you want with your life.

Mr.Scoops
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 1:42 am

Re: Fordham (sticker) vs Cardozo ($$$$) vs Seton Hall ($$)

Postby Mr.Scoops » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:48 pm

Don't go

User avatar
Kinky John
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Re: Fordham (sticker) vs Cardozo ($$$$) vs Seton Hall ($$)

Postby Kinky John » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:55 pm

Mr.Scoops wrote:Don't go


Why are you necroing all these month old choosing threads

FirmBiz
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 5:01 pm

Re: Fordham (sticker) vs Cardozo ($$$$) vs Seton Hall ($$)

Postby FirmBiz » Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:27 pm

mm1989 wrote:I received a 50k/yr scholarship from Cardozo, a 35k/yr scholarship from Seton Hall and would have no scholarship from Fordham. I am interested in studying International Law or Corporate Law and would like to work in NYC.

COA for Cardozo would be 300k - 150k = 150k over three years
COA for Seton Hall would be 270k - 75k = 195k over three years
COA for Fordham would be 300k over three years

From a financial perspective i'm leaning towards the offer from Cardozo or trying to leverage Seton Hall for an increase in scholarship, however the employment statistics at Fordham make me wonder if i'm not thinking long term.

Class of 2014 statistics from LST:
Jobs Data:
Fordham-67.8% in full time/long term legal jobs (74% when you include school funded jobs)-83% overall full time employment
Seton Hall-72.3% in full time/long term legal jobs -90% overall full time employment
Cardozo-56.6% in full time/long term legal jobs (60.7% when you include school funded jobs)-73% overall full time employment

Class of 2013 statistics from LST:
Salary Data (Private Sector)- 25%/50%/75%/Mean
Fordham - 83k/160k/160k/127k
Seton Hall - 65k/100k/145k/104k
Cardozo - (does not disclose full salary data) according to US News 50% = 83k


Doze if ur also getting financial aid money




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests