UNC (No Scholly) vs Campbell (Full-Ride)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jdcumlaude

Re: UNC (No Scholly) vs Campbell (Full-Ride)

Postby jdcumlaude » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:52 am

Campbell Law has lost 30ish spots on the US news rankings in the span of only 1 year.

The employment numbers are terrible, and even worse when you consider that many alums simply hang out a shingle because there is nothing better for them.

I graduated in 2013 cum laude. I still am unable to find a job. If I were to cross the state line to find work in another jurisdiction they wouldn't know where I went to law school. Go to UNC. A full ride at Campbell does not hold a candle to UNC.

Do Not Go To Campbell.

EDIT: If you want to chat about Campbell please do not hesitate to send me a PM. We can chat, Skype, whatever.
Last edited by jdcumlaude on Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nomo

Postby Nomo » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:04 am

I wouldn't go to Campbell unless I wanted to hang a shingle or had a job waiting for me when I graduated. At the same time, 80k is a lot of money, and UNC's job stats aren't very good. I think the answer is neither.

jdcumlaude

Postby jdcumlaude » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:24 am

Nomo wrote:I wouldn't go to Campbell unless I wanted to hang a shingle or had a job waiting for me when I graduated. At the same time, 80k is a lot of money, and UNC's job stats aren't very good. I think the answer is neither.

I agree, but would add that you should not go to any law school unless you have a job lined up, or you don't care about wasting 3 years. Think of it like gambling, and don't bet any more than you are willing to lose.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”