Michigan ($$) vs. USC (full ride)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Michigan ($$) vs. USC (full ride)

Michigan ($$)
82%
USC (full ride)
18%

Total votes: 34

Nmsx8

Re: Michigan ($$) vs. USC (full ride)

Postby Nmsx8 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:42 am

tskela wrote:Boggles my mind that impersonal recruiting/admissions could even be a factor in choosing a school. I don't get it. They offered you 40k a year right? How much more can they show they want you? Money speaks louder than prompt email responses from admissions imo, but that's just me

Completely agreed - I wouldn't call it a deciding factor, but it's something that doesn't sit well. When I was comparing the two schools, this was just one way that the schools were different.

As for Cornell being a feeder into Big Law - that's undeniable. I'm just not 100% sure that's the route I'll be taking, so I considered comparison points other than those stats alone.

I have no idea how to lock this topic (or if I'm even able to), but thank you everyone!

future!jd12

Postby future!jd12 » Tue May 05, 2015 10:04 am

As someone attending Cornell in the fall, I am begging you to go to Michigan.

sneezus

Postby sneezus » Tue May 05, 2015 10:50 am

future!jd12 wrote:As someone attending Cornell in the fall, I am begging you to go to Michigan.

hey

Redamon1

Postby Redamon1 » Wed May 06, 2015 2:20 am

This thread delivered. Also, Michigan is a fine choice OP, especially if you're not entirely sure NY Biglaw is for you.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”