Any Negatives to a June LSAT Retake?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Vermonster
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:51 pm

Any Negatives to a June LSAT Retake?

Postby Vermonster » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:20 pm

*
Last edited by Vermonster on Sat May 28, 2016 9:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
starry eyed
Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:26 am

Re: Any Negatives to a June LSAT Retake?

Postby starry eyed » Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:35 pm

yea there is a negative- pay 160$ and do worse on it.

or you could improve and the school not offer you any extra. you know this

these threads seeking validation are annoying

Vermonster
Posts: 40
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:51 pm

Re: Any Negatives to a June LSAT Retake?

Postby Vermonster » Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:17 pm

*
Last edited by Vermonster on Sat May 28, 2016 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
RareExports
Posts: 641
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:12 pm

Re: Any Negatives to a June LSAT Retake?

Postby RareExports » Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:11 pm

Are you totally set on going to law school this year? If not, retake.

Even if you are set on going to law school this year, yes, a higher LSAT could lead to a higher scholarship if you threaten to reapply next year.

User avatar
Redamon1
Posts: 460
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:46 pm

Re: Any Negatives to a June LSAT Retake?

Postby Redamon1 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:03 pm

I see no downsides to retaking (other than time and money). If you bomb, you head to Cornell as planned. If you kill it, you negotiate with Cornell or reapply next year for even better T14 options.

Traynor Brah
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:23 pm

Re: Any Negatives to a June LSAT Retake?

Postby Traynor Brah » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:11 pm

Vermonster wrote:I totally wasn't seeking validation and I apologize for offending/annoying people. Everyone with my numbers gets screamed at on here to retake so I was just wondering how often that actually pays off. I don't want to take the test again if it's pointless, but I also don't want to miss out on more scholarship money.

I figured my question could help other people make this decision too. I only posted my numbers and info to give a clearer picture of the situation. Sorry again if I am annoying people but I'm genuinely curious about exploring this option.

Starry Eyed is an idiot; everyone knows that. Pay him no mind.

It doesn't matter in the slightest if you do worse. I seriously regret not taking it the June before I matriculated. Do it.

User avatar
starry eyed
Posts: 2048
Joined: Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:26 am

Re: Any Negatives to a June LSAT Retake?

Postby starry eyed » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:24 pm

Traynor Brah wrote:
Vermonster wrote:I totally wasn't seeking validation and I apologize for offending/annoying people. Everyone with my numbers gets screamed at on here to retake so I was just wondering how often that actually pays off. I don't want to take the test again if it's pointless, but I also don't want to miss out on more scholarship money.

I figured my question could help other people make this decision too. I only posted my numbers and info to give a clearer picture of the situation. Sorry again if I am annoying people but I'm genuinely curious about exploring this option.

Starry Eyed is an idiot; everyone knows that. Pay him no mind.

It doesn't matter in the slightest if you do worse. I seriously regret not taking it the June before I matriculated. Do it.


sweet thread to call me out on; you really showed me lol

User avatar
NoBladesNoBows
Posts: 1118
Joined: Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:39 pm

Re: Any Negatives to a June LSAT Retake?

Postby NoBladesNoBows » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:30 pm

Last edited by NoBladesNoBows on Mon May 11, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Clearly
Posts: 4165
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Re: Any Negatives to a June LSAT Retake?

Postby Clearly » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:31 pm

starry eyed wrote:yea there is a negative- pay 160$ and do worse on it.

or you could improve and the school not offer you any extra. you know this

these threads seeking validation are annoying

:?: :?: :?:

Traynor Brah
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2015 10:23 pm

Re: Any Negatives to a June LSAT Retake?

Postby Traynor Brah » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:39 pm

NoBladesNoBows wrote:I've been considering retaking as well...why do you regret it?

Put a lot work in LSAT prep. Never did as well as I was capable of. Got complacent and left easy money and/or better long term options on the table.

starry eyed wrote:sweet thread to call me out on; you really showed me lol

I generally just feel bad for you when I read your posts, is why I don't call you out, but when you're being a dickhole for absolutely no reason to someone with a legitimate question, who should be encouraged and given validation, that is where Traynor draws the line.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RoastedSlug and 2 guests