15k Campbell Law vs UNC sticker

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Username123

Re: 15k Campbell Law vs UNC sticker

Postby Username123 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Disclaimer- 0L so maybe a dumb question.

Can your gf transfer to UNC from Campell?

BlackAndOrange84

Postby BlackAndOrange84 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:20 pm

Uschoolqb10 wrote:Disclaimer- 0L so maybe a dumb question.

The dean of admissions is on the record as saying that there's a presumption against admitting in-state transfers. http://www.admissionsdean.com/researchi ... ael-states

And Raleigh isn't far from Chapel Hill in any case.

Traynor Brah

Postby Traynor Brah » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:23 pm

BlackAndOrange84 wrote:
Uschoolqb10 wrote:Disclaimer- 0L so maybe a dumb question.

The dean of admissions is on the record as saying that there's a presumption against admitting in-state transfers. http://www.admissionsdean.com/researchi ... ael-states

of course there is a presumption against it.

1) every other school is fucking terrible
2) out of state fools will pay full sticker OOS tuition

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:30 am

OP, what are your stats? If you got into UNC this year do you think if you retook and scored a touch better you could end up at UNC with scholarship $$$? Do you think saving yourself tens of thousands of dollars is worth a few more months of effort put into the LSAT? 0L, but I am fairly familiar with the NC market, or, have spoken to several attorneys and gotten a ton of information from people who are familiar with the NC market, and I really don't think you should attend Campbell.

jdcumlaude

Postby jdcumlaude » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:28 am

Campbell Law has lost 30ish spots on the US news rankings in the span of only 1 year.

The employment numbers are terrible, and even worse when you consider that many alums simply hang out a shingle because there is nothing better for them.

I graduated in 2013 cum laude. I still am unable to find a job. If I were to cross the state line to find work in another jurisdiction they wouldn't know where I went to law school. Go to UNC. A full ride at Campbell does not hold a candle to UNC.

Do Not Go To Campbell.

and in all honesty unless you have a job lined up by the end of your 1L year you probably should consider dropping out . The job market is absolutely terrible. Furthermore, a JD is often a negative factor on a resume when looking for work that does not require a law license. Employer see that JD and all they think about is a potential flight risk.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”