15k Campbell Law vs UNC sticker

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Username123

Re: 15k Campbell Law vs UNC sticker

Postby Username123 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:07 pm

Disclaimer- 0L so maybe a dumb question.

Can your gf transfer to UNC from Campell?

BlackAndOrange84

Postby BlackAndOrange84 » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:20 pm

Uschoolqb10 wrote:Disclaimer- 0L so maybe a dumb question.

The dean of admissions is on the record as saying that there's a presumption against admitting in-state transfers. http://www.admissionsdean.com/researchi ... ael-states

And Raleigh isn't far from Chapel Hill in any case.

Traynor Brah

Postby Traynor Brah » Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:23 pm

BlackAndOrange84 wrote:
Uschoolqb10 wrote:Disclaimer- 0L so maybe a dumb question.

The dean of admissions is on the record as saying that there's a presumption against admitting in-state transfers. http://www.admissionsdean.com/researchi ... ael-states

of course there is a presumption against it.

1) every other school is fucking terrible
2) out of state fools will pay full sticker OOS tuition

OhBoyOhBortles

Postby OhBoyOhBortles » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:30 am

OP, what are your stats? If you got into UNC this year do you think if you retook and scored a touch better you could end up at UNC with scholarship $$$? Do you think saving yourself tens of thousands of dollars is worth a few more months of effort put into the LSAT? 0L, but I am fairly familiar with the NC market, or, have spoken to several attorneys and gotten a ton of information from people who are familiar with the NC market, and I really don't think you should attend Campbell.

jdcumlaude

Postby jdcumlaude » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:28 am

Campbell Law has lost 30ish spots on the US news rankings in the span of only 1 year.

The employment numbers are terrible, and even worse when you consider that many alums simply hang out a shingle because there is nothing better for them.

I graduated in 2013 cum laude. I still am unable to find a job. If I were to cross the state line to find work in another jurisdiction they wouldn't know where I went to law school. Go to UNC. A full ride at Campbell does not hold a candle to UNC.

Do Not Go To Campbell.

and in all honesty unless you have a job lined up by the end of your 1L year you probably should consider dropping out . The job market is absolutely terrible. Furthermore, a JD is often a negative factor on a resume when looking for work that does not require a law license. Employer see that JD and all they think about is a potential flight risk.

CamelTrialLaw28

Postby CamelTrialLaw28 » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:25 pm

How sad it must be for all of you that you need to rely on the name of your school to get a job rather than your intelligence and skill as an attorney. And maybe UNC grads get more high level corporate and associate level positions, but at least Campbell grads don't run away from a courtroom like a scared little bunny.

grades??

Postby grades?? » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:32 pm

CamelTrialLaw28 wrote:How sad it must be for all of you that you need to rely on the name of your school to get a job rather than your intelligence and skill as an attorney. And maybe UNC grads get more high level corporate and associate level positions, but at least Campbell grads don't run away from a courtroom like a scared little bunny.

That's assuming any Campbell grads ever get jobs. Data suggests that is rare. Disclaimer: I go to neither school.

A. Nony Mouse

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:37 pm

CamelTrialLaw28 wrote:How sad it must be for all of you that you need to rely on the name of your school to get a job rather than your intelligence and skill as an attorney. And maybe UNC grads get more high level corporate and associate level positions, but at least Campbell grads don't run away from a courtroom like a scared little bunny.

There is absolutely no need to bump a 2-year-old thread to white knight Campbell.

SquedTheScholar

Postby SquedTheScholar » Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:20 am

Squed here. Checking in 2 years later. Opinion has not changed. Both schools still blow.

jdcumlaude

Postby jdcumlaude » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:28 pm

SquedTheScholar wrote:Squed here. Checking in 2 years later. Opinion has not changed. Both schools still blow.

I have to disagree Squed...Campbell's Rank with US news (according to leaked information) has gone from #144 to the even more prestigious RNP....Campbell jumped so high they had to switch to letters!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”